Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 09:18 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Cute, but proof that you are full of it. If you can't back up your claims its obviously false.
Its not my responsibility to be your teacher. If you dont want to get educated, thats not my problem. You obviously know I am right since you dont disprove anything I say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 09:20 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Its not my responsibility to be your teacher. If you dont want to get educated, thats not my problem. You obviously know I am right since you dont disprove anything I say.
See, the thing is you earlier today claimed that the Democratic Republic of Congo didn't pay taxes, so in that thread I posted a link to show their tax rates and prove you wrong. You are a proven liar so I'm asking you to present facts to back up your claim this time and it seems you cant.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:21 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,646 times
Quote:
It doesn't need to be "better" because you pushing out a baby does nothing to sustain your own life, just like me buying a $300k car does nothing to sustain my life. Each action may make us happy as individuals, but in no way shape or form does that mean it becomes a burden to others.
FYI, I never pushed I had emergency c sections each time. But anyways my children have brought me great happiness and at times they did provide a reason for living. Perhaps when I'm older and cannot look after myself they would be "sustaining my life"

Old 04-07-2017, 09:22 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
We cant afford it. Only perpetual war mongering, bailouts and gifts to big pharma is acceptable.

If we actually want to see change happen, we need to get big money out of politics.
LOL. If you got big money out of politics, the change would have already happened.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
See, the thing is you earlier today claimed that the Democratic Republic of Congo didn't pay taxes, so in that thread I posted a link to show their tax rates and prove you wrong. You are a proven liar so I'm asking you to present facts to back up your claim this time and it seems you cant.
lol, what a terrible argument. No country has literally no taxes. That means zero defense and police among other things. Its hilarious that you interpret that argument in a literal sense.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:25 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
FYI, I never pushed I had emergency c sections each time. But anyways my children have brought me great happiness and at times they did provide a reason for living. Perhaps when I'm older and cannot look after myself they would be "sustaining my life"
Great. And if I get my Lamborghini, I might be able to sell it after I retire for more than I paid for it and it can "sustain my life" through medical care. Zero difference. They are both personal desires, not life sustaining needs.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Great. And if I get my Lamborghini, I might be able to sell it after I retire for more than I paid for it and it can "sustain my life" through medical care. Zero difference. They are both personal desires, not life sustaining needs.
You dont understand how the economy works judging by such a terrible example. Children and young people turn into taxpayers and are heavily targeted by companies because they adopt new ideas at much higher rates than older people. New ideas=more innovation=higher productivity=higher economic growth for the country. Children sustain and boost the economy for everyone when you get old. Your Lamborghini example is meaningless.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:28 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,646 times
Quote:
It doesn't need to be "better" because you pushing out a baby does nothing to sustain your own life, just like me buying a $300k car does nothing to sustain my life. Each action may make us happy as individuals, but in no way shape or form does that mean it becomes a burden to others.
Quote:
A Lamborghini is not a human, they don't look after emotional need as well.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:29 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Really? You think thats what my post was about, that I covered for you specifically?

Please explain how you know you have paid more in taxes than me. There is basically a 50/50 chance of being right, throwing **** at a wall to see what sticks doesn't make your argument any better.

You literally have zero idea about my tax situation OR my birth situation, so again until you have facts to back up your claims I don't know what your point is here. I'm glad you can have kids and a family, but 0% of that should become my financial or work burden. I want a new Lamborghini, just like you want a family, so guess what, I have to figure out a way to get one and its not going to involve making my co-workers cover for me, or tax payers pay for it. Its a nice to have so I'll probably go without.
Of course you didn't mean it literally, nor did I. But you didn't figuratively pay a dime for me or millions of other poor young married women like me. That smugness is unacceptable, and I can assume that I've paid more taxes than you based on my age and education.

As for your assertion that having kids and a family is some sort of privilege that others are paying for? Sorry sweetheart. Raising kids means a lot of sacrifice and it mostly sucks, so boo hoo to you single guys who have to pay an extra .01 per month to support WIC for all the now-pregnant chicks you banged at the frat party.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:30 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
nonsense. Not even the top 10% income group in America has anywhere near the paid medical and family leave of other countries guaranteed to all workers.

In America people cant bond with a newborn baby or say goodbye to a dying parent and still be expected to have a job. The needs of the working class are not important because they dont fund the campaigns of the politicians. Only the big money donors do that and that means the politicians serve their financial overlords, not the people.

It is preposterous to demand that others pay you NOT to work. That's total BS. An employer pays you for your time. It's a TRADE. When you engage in personal activities that dictate you can no longer trade time for money, than you are on your own. Because you have a kid you think you should be able to victimize a company by taking money from it to fund your leave? Or steal it from other taxpayers in the form of a government program? It's madness.

Here's what you do:

Do not have children until you can afford to stay home with them and pay for them. Save your money. It's your activity, not anyone else's. Pay for it yourself, do not try to steal it from others. Companies do not owe you money to NOT work. Taxpayers do not owe you money to NOT WORK. There is no right to have children, it's a personal activity and a personal endeavor and a personal decision. FUND IT YOURSELF. Don't victimize others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies