Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 08:57 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Wait, damn it stop!

Google this: "does the internet increase hatred"

Read a few of those articles and then get out of this damned elevator of escalating Internet-magnified hatred.

All they are doing is pushing you down into that sunken place. Get Out!

Look around you at the real world. Take off those YouTube hatred goggles.Go to a middle-class black church and total up all the black couples, then count all those negative YouTubers and figure the difference--the married black couples win every time.

Go to a gathering of your local 100 Black Men of America, Inc. See what those men are doing to elevate good, strong, worthy black men.

Go to a meeting of the Links and see how many of those active well-to-do women are wearing wedding rings.

Get out of that net of nattering nabobs of negativity. Get out!
I am a product of the Jack and Jill, Inc./ The Links, Inc./ The Girl Friends, Inc./Divine Nine/the Talented Tenth world several generations back so there is no need to encourage me to broaden my horizons. The issues of colorism/featurism and misogynoir is even MORE prominent in that world.

I am simply being honest about what I as an upper middle class, college educated, natural haired, brown skinned black woman have experienced.

Last edited by calipoppy; 04-10-2017 at 09:08 PM..

Old 04-10-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I post on thecoli...and I'm going to have to disagree with you about "the good black men remaining" silent. That is just purely false. The majority of black men do defend black women. And a lot of the time the people talking bad about black women get exposed as being white with fake black accounts. And yes that does happen all over the internet. And for every thecoli there's a lipstickalley for black women.

And you're using the talkings heads from youtube...I brought that up in another post. I'm guessing you talking about "Tommy S." (I don't want to say this piece or trashes full *fake* name...you know who I'm talking about he's the worst one)...and a few others. These radicals on both sides make it seem worse than it actually is. Online...a few people would have you thinking we're at each other's throat when it's not the case.

This is the issue that I'm mainly having with these conversations...both sides have these huge paint brushes out. Like the majority of black men aren't "self hating" bed bucks. The majority of black women aren't self hating wenches. Interracial dating is actually extremely low, like less than 10% of black people do it. But people would have you thinking these issues are out of control.

And at the end of the day, I will say this...as we've recently seen in the last few days, many black men don't know what to do right now. I already brought Kendrick lamar being fried for saying he preferred "natural" women....then Tyrese is getting fried because talked about how women shouldn't "h0es"...lol...so two black men with platforms are saying they want natural women who aren't h0es...and it's all wrong, too. All the hatred for these lyrics and images from rap videos for all these years and now dudes are saying they want the opposite and people are like "do tell us what to do, we can be promiscuous and wear weave if we want"...it's frustrating and funny at the same time. But mostly confusing. This goes to the fact that black women aren't a monolith and speaking to one set of black women's issues can go badly so some men would rather just not say anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjaHygfWHA

Old 04-10-2017, 09:12 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,490,980 times
#1 - I'm not sure what you mean by the term "reality cues."

#2 - There was a poster who implied that black women were attacking Kendrick because he expressed an appreciation for natural women. I'm simply clarifying that is not the reason he was attacked - at least based upon what I read in my Twitter feed.

#3 - Perhaps you didn't realize it, but your post comes across as very condescending and insulting. It is a perfect example of what black women mean when we say black men are not receptive to listening to our opinions and perspectives. In the future in you are unable to engage me in a respectful manner, please feel free to keep scrolling.

Quote:
First problem: You're taking your reality cues from a rap video.

Second problem: Nobody who is taking life cues from rap videos can get past that to solving any second problems.

Dumbest thing in the world: Thinking rap videos represent reality. Might a well believe a Happy Meal is the breakfast of champions.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:22 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,573,343 times
There is an issue with black women choosing to reproduce with low quality black men, and then looking towards society acting like quality black men don't exist. That's a huge problem with black women. I know too many black men who have great jobs, are great leaders, and very positive. They will invariably get ignored for so low brow loser with jeans sagging and a bad attitude. I use to think this was just for low quality black women and hood rats, but I see middle class and upper middle class women falling into this.

And then we create the cycle of single parents, and women raising single boys, who grow up to be moronic due to a lack of male leadership. A lot of issues with the moderen black man comes from the single black mother. And we have single black mothers because black women are procreating with black men who have no values.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:23 PM

28,624 posts, read 18,682,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am a product of the Jack and Jill, Inc./ The Links, Inc./ The Girl Friends, Inc./Divine Nine/the Talented Tenth world several generations back so there is no need to encourage me to broaden my horizons. The issues of colorism/featurism and misogynoir is even MORE prominent in that world.

I am simply being honest about what I as an upper middle class, college educated, natural haired, brown skinned black woman have experienced.
First, you just moved the goalposts. The discussion was about black men and black women and now you're presenting "colorism/featurism and misogynoir"--which certainly affect black women as much as black men.

Again, with regard to the issues of black men and black women, count the wedding bands and explain to me the fact that black men and black women are, in fact, getting married despite what you see on YouTube.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:26 PM

28,624 posts, read 18,682,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
#1 - I'm not sure what you mean by the term "reality cues."

#2 - There was a poster who implied that black women were attacking Kendrick because he expressed an appreciation for natural women. I'm simply clarifying that is not the reason he was attacked - at least based upon what I read in my Twitter feed.

#3 - Perhaps you didn't realize it, but your post comes across as very condescending and insulting. It is a perfect example of what black women mean when we say black men are not receptive to listening to our opinions and perspectives. In the future in you are unable to engage me in a respectful manner, please feel free to keep scrolling.
There is no way to tell someone to get out of danger except to shout Get Out!

Listen to the truth and stop listening to lies intended to destroy you.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
First, you just moved the goalposts. The discussion was about black men and black women and now you're presenting "colorism/featurism and misogynoir"--which certainly affect black women as much as black men.

Again, with regard to the issues of black men and black women, count the wedding bands and explain to me the fact that black men and black women are, in fact, getting married despite what you see on YouTube.
Any discussion about the relationship between the black man and the black woman would be dishonest to not acknowledge the role that colorism/featurism and misogyny play.

In my world, most of the black people around me (black women and black men) are marrying non-blacks. Seeing a young (under age 40-50) black couple is unicorn RARE in my neck of the woods.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:34 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,490,980 times
I have no idea what you are talking about - have a good night.

Quote:
There is no way to tell someone to get out of danger except to shout Get Out!

Listen to the truth and stop listening to lies intended to destroy you.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
There is an issue with black women choosing to reproduce with low quality black men, and then looking towards society acting like quality black men don't exist. That's a huge problem with black women. I know too many black men who have great jobs, are great leaders, and very positive. They will invariably get ignored for so low brow loser with jeans sagging and a bad attitude. I use to think this was just for low quality black women and hood rats, but I see middle class and upper middle class women falling into this.

And then we create the cycle of single parents, and women raising single boys, who grow up to be moronic due to a lack of male leadership. A lot of issues with the moderen black man comes from the single black mother. And we have single black mothers because black women are procreating with black men who have no values.
For a very long time black American women, especially ones who are college educated, middle class and above, were derided as being gold diggers for aspiring to marry men who are of equal background or above. Black women with JDs, MDs, and PhDs were encouraged to date and marry black men who were UPS, USPS and FedEx. But the black men with their JDs, MDs and PhDs were told that the world is their oyster and you can choose from whatever nation you so desire.

So I agree. High quality black women should stop dating, marrying, mating and procreating with low quality black men and should realize that the world is also our oyster. Stop having children out of wedlock. Focus on quality men.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I agree with this post whole heartedly. Generally speaking, when I'm on YT, I'm looking for videos related to hair/skin care routines, decorating ideas or the Law of Attraction. But every so often one of those Tommy videos will pop up. I made the mistake of listening to his nonsense and was completely disgusted that a black man would disrespect and denigrate black women the way he does. And he has lots of supporters, who eat up every word he says, including a lot of the guys on thecoli - who only stopped supporting him when he started attacking black men.

I agree that no matter what unrelated topic one is viewing on YouTube the disrespectful and degrading videos always seem to pop up. What initially surprised me was that it wasn't just one or two black men posting these degrading videos but it is dozens upon dozens upon dozens creating the content and then even more black men commenting and encouraging it. It is like a feed frenzy.

And for the men saying that it is only online or that these are white trolls pretending to be black, I have to disagree. The disrespect occurs in real life as well and it saddens me very deeply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.