Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 09:41 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,505,799 times

Advertisements

This is an entirely plausible theory. Putin sees that the heat is on his handpicked choice for President and he wants to come to his rescue. By using easily accessible back channels (ringing up Tillerson, for example) he tells Trump to bomb Syria and that he will make sure he has his people out of the way. He might even have given him the coordinates on where he should send the missiles.

And so far it has worked. It has taken the heat off of him for the time being and refocused peoples attention away from his own administration working with Russian trolls to tilt the election in his favor.

Clinton bombed Iraq at the height of his Lewinsky "scandal" and Republicans accused it of being a diversion, which it likely was. Same with the airfield bombing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 09:47 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,779,340 times
Whether it was Putin's idea or not, it sure looks like he played along.

The convoy clearing out ahead of time is suspicious. Ditto the lack of anti-missile action.

Putin's response in the press is also looking like nothing more than a silly bit of political theater.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,506,998 times
I believe it was a joint effort no matter who had the idea first.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:01 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,177,775 times
I'd been wondering how long it would take to hear something like this.
I bet you guys also think Dubya blew up the World Trade Center.
But you don't believe Obama's people bugged the Trump campaign, right?

Old 04-09-2017, 10:05 AM

23,523 posts, read 17,202,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is an entirely plausible theory. Putin sees that the heat is on his handpicked choice for President and he wants to come to his rescue. By using easily accessible back channels (ringing up Tillerson, for example) he tells Trump to bomb Syria and that he will make sure he has his people out of the way. He might even have given him the coordinates on where he should send the missiles.

And so far it has worked. It has taken the heat off of him for the time being and refocused peoples attention away from his own administration working with Russian trolls to tilt the election in his favor.

Clinton bombed Iraq at the height of his Lewinsky "scandal" and Republicans accused it of being a diversion, which it likely was. Same with the airfield bombing.
I believe that hillary and putin had an affair.

Senator Hillary's vote to attack Sadaam in Iraq was the to be the initial stage of the plan. hillary would then sell 25% of our uranium supply to Putin, withold defensive missiles from Poland as payback for putin's cooperation and then fianlly the attack on Syria by Trump.

The plan is working flawlessly!

Old 04-09-2017, 10:11 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,186,795 times
I think it was an Al Qaeda trap and Trump fell right in. The hospital that was bombed, the people supposedly gassed are all Al Qaeda. They put on this show to get the US to back off its support for the Assad regime and move back to Obama's policy. It worked somewhat. The missile attack was very ineffective so Al Qaeda did not benefit as much as they might have hoped. But the policy is now Obama 2.0 and they know that Trump will grandstand if provoked.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:18 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,177,775 times
When the markets open tomorrow I'm going to start buying shares in Alcoa Aluminum, because it looks like there is going to be a big demand for tinfoil headgear in the near future.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:26 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,492,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Whether it was Putin's idea or not, it sure looks like he played along.

The convoy clearing out ahead of time is suspicious. Ditto the lack of anti-missile action.

Putin's response in the press is also looking like nothing more than a silly bit of political theater.
The Soviet era air defense systems didn't knock our cruise missiles down in desert storm, nor any other time we bombed Iraq. Nor now. Same defense systems are what protect north Korea.

This was a test.

COINCIDENCE north Korea's homeboy was with Trump when this went down?

I'd say if it were simply to destroy the puppet tinfoil hat conspiracy, Putin wouldn't be raging right now... He'd probably want talks on this, and make a back room deal. Not war mongering...

Me. If I were Trump, I'd kill 4 birds with one stone.

1. Cut a deal with Putin protecting his vested interests in Syria
2. Exchange Putin's second rate military to aid the hunting and killing of ISIS and other radicals.
3. Seal team six Assad.
4. Leave Russia to babysit Syria

^When you put the cheat code in for winning^

Old 04-09-2017, 10:30 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,713,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
When the markets open tomorrow I'm going to start buying shares in Alcoa Aluminum, because it looks like there is going to be a big demand for tinfoil headgear in the near future.
LOL, good ole Lawrence O'Donnell and Rachel Maddow trying desperately to prop their Russia narrative up so they don't look so foolish and as a result of this nonsense look even more desperate and foolish. And then there is op, oDanny, one of their faithful.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:35 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,531,817 times
I don't think it was Putin's idea but I do believe that Trump asked Putin's permission first and he told Trump where to bomb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies