Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 10:10 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times

Advertisements

Blue lives matter. Leave the hero alone.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:11 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
People that resist deserve what they get, and people who bash all police officers need to not call them when they need help. I would NOT want to be a cop, what a thankless, dangerous job. It must be Hell, going to work and basically seeing the bad side of humans all day long.

That cop did nothing wrong and had to take control of an out of control woman who could have created even bigger problems.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
So in other words we have no proof that she actually hit the cop.....
Too many people around. No way they'd be that stupid to lie about it.

Officers were dispatched Thursday night to reports of a "separated disturbance" between two men near Bondi Beach Bar in Old Town Fort Collins. While officers were gathering information from employees about the reported fight, the girlfriend of one of the suspects "shoulder-checked the bouncer and an officer and then pulled her boyfriend from the area," said Kate Kimble, Fort Collins police spokeswoman.

"The officers told her that her boyfriend was not free to leave but that she could go," Kimble said. "She remained at the scene, at which time she physically obstructed and struck an officer."

Old 04-09-2017, 11:23 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person
Did you watch the video? There's a rule most people know: Don't hit a cop.
Not today..... They think they are better than everyone else!!!

Use caution!!!

Old 04-09-2017, 11:33 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Some say the amount of force used is out of line to the amount of force deemed necessary to effect a lawful arrest. Was she injured in this incident? Did she assault the officer? Was she intoxicated? Did she fail to listen to instruction? Why as a woman should she be treated differently? If a man assaulted a officer would the end result be the same? Either way this is another example of a citizen who cant listen to instruction. She was gonna do whatever she wanted. I guess not!!

Old 04-10-2017, 04:12 AM

1,158 posts, read 961,155 times
Are all cops good? No-- A few are sociopathic criminals with a badge and a gun (Drew Peterson comes to mind). However they are a small minority. Most cops are good people who put their lives at risk daily to serve and protect.

I never understand why people act like fools when the cops show up? You are never going to win an argument with a cop. If you push, slap, kick, spit, try to hit, evade, act the fool or make any sudden movements you have a very good chance of ending up face down on the pavement or shot. If you encounter a sociopathic cop and do those things you have sealed your own fate -- because they are hoping you do those things so they have a reason to unleash their aggression on you. Pretty simple.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:48 AM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yeah, I did. It's quick, about a second before he takes her down. I just watched it again, 4th time, when I saw your response.

As to your statement about complying, yeah you do.
How the hell could she hit the cop when he was holding both of her arms? Personally I think the cop is a woman hating coward....There was no need to handle her that way, even if she had hit him....Cops want people to respect them, but that is no way to earn respect....Cops like him are what give the police a bad reputation....He should be fired.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:56 AM

45,390 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How the hell could she hit the cop when he was holding both of her arms? Personally I think the cop is a woman hating coward....There was no need to handle her that way, even if she had hit him....Cops want people to respect them, but that is no way to earn respect....Cops like him are what give the police a bad reputation....He should be fired.
Watch it again, she got one of her arms loose, her left one. Even had she not she would have ended up in the same position because at some point the cop has to stop putting up with her foolishness.

As I alluded to earlier, many of you saying the things you have probably have never had to break up a mult-participant fight where some individuals are doing their damnedest to get in the way.

As a teacher I had to go through some of the same training in order to efficiently break up fights and control the situation. And yes, I had to put a few girls on the ground over the 30 plus years.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:23 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Did you not watch the video? You can see her attacking him. She was an idiot, too many women think they can hit a male with impunity. Not only that, you deserve what you get if you try to physically interfere with a cop trying to arrest another person.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:30 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Did you not watch the video? You can see her attacking him. She was an idiot, too many women think they can hit a male with impunity. Not only that, you deserve what you get if you try to physically interfere with a cop trying to arrest another person.
The video shows clearly that the woman was backing away from him, trying to get away from him.

He just didn't want to let go of her.

There were dance steps, and he bagged a bird.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 04-10-2017 at 06:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies