Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 07:45 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Or another famous saying "thou shall not kill"
Now you may get a ton of lectures from theologians on the word "kill".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 08:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Or another famous saying "thou shall not kill"
Trump is going to sign an Executive Order to change them to the 9 suggestions. (he already crossed out adultery)

Old 04-10-2017, 08:12 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,862,143 times
I think in the early to mid 2020s, there will be a major total war that we'll get involved in, on the scale of the last war.

Happens every 80 years. The 2020s will be like the 1940s, like the current decade is like the 1930s. Then the 2030s will be a post war period like the fifties.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:28 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
I think in the early to mid 2020s, there will be a major total war that we'll get involved in, on the scale of the last war.

Happens every 80 years. The 2020s will be like the 1940s, like the current decade is like the 1930s. Then the 2030s will be a post war period like the fifties.
I'm not buying it. There is no need for war as long as we have free trade. It's globalism now. There will not be another "total war" unless our economic system breaks down. Buffoons like Trump and the Brexiteers are doing what they can though. No argument there. But Trump supporters are mostly economic victims who have no political power. I think it is more likely Trump is impeached before he upsets the global economic system enough to cause a world war.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:46 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
I told my friends, "Hey, I will remember to send you Beef Jerky and Copenhagen, just stay safe. Remember the rule, Better be judged by 12, than carried by six!"

Old 04-10-2017, 08:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm not buying it. There is no need for war as long as we have free trade. It's globalism now. There will not be another "total war" unless our economic system breaks down. Buffoons like Trump and the Brexiteers are doing what they can though. No argument there. But Trump supporters are mostly economic victims who have no political power. I think it is more likely Trump is impeached before he upsets the global economic system enough to cause a world war.

So they vote for smaller government and less handouts? Seems logical

Old 04-10-2017, 09:07 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Dog and pony show, a complete scam job which is why we have to just sit back and laugh at our leaders and government agencies. But.... if they're really worried about war they could seize the assets of the Federal Reserve and declare an emergency. I don't think the Rothschild's and Rockefellers would like that but they're the ones demanding a new phony cold war. If war will bankrupt them and not make them richer they'll change their minds in about half a second.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:13 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
So they vote for smaller government and less handouts? Seems logical
Trump's move was reasonable and no different or much less that what Clinton did during his term.

WW-3 is not coming and Russia could not possibly fight a war.
In fact, they are in a very precarious position; they need to sell natural gas in order to run the country, and that's what their involvement in Syria is all about.

The REALLY bad news for Russia is yet to arrive, but it's coming. No one wants to do business with Russia, and the infrastructure is being built in Europe so that they don't have to.
Existing and planned LNG terminals | Gas In Focus

Old 04-10-2017, 09:34 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
reps are the money hungry war mongers not dems-- history proves it
The Great War, otherwise known as WWI, President Wilson, Democrat.

WWII, President Franklin Roosevelt, Democrat.

Korean War, President Harry Truman, Democrat.

Vietnam, Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson, Democrats.

Persian Gulf War, President George H.W. Bush, Republican.

Iraq and Afghanistan wars, George W. Bush, Republican.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:36 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The Great War, otherwise known as WWI, President Wilson, Democrat.

WWII, President Franklin Roosevelt, Democrat.

Korean War, President Harry Truman, Democrat.

Vietnam, Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson, Democrats.

Persian Gulf War, President George H.W. Bush, Republican.

Iraq and Afghanistan wars, George W. Bush, Republican.

Correct! Here's a great site that shows it clear as a bell. Dems have killed more Americans than any other party and the reason Repubs killed what they did was because it American Vs American.....American Leadership and War
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies