Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
And the airlines sink to yet another new low.

Do the anti-rail idiots still think high speed rail is a bad idea?
Who is anti-rail?

I'm all for rail that isn't subsidized, just as I'm against subsidies for the airlines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 06:21 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Who is anti-rail?

99% of the GOP congress is opposed to high speed rail, and have voted against it.
99% of republicans in general are opposed to public transportation of any kind.

Quote:

I'm all for rail that isn't subsidized, just as I'm against subsidies for the airlines.
Are you opposed to highways and driving as well, which are heavily subsidized? How would you like people to get around from now on? Horse and buggy?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:26 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
99% of the GOP congress is opposed to high speed rail, and have voted against it.
99% of republicans in general are opposed to public transportation of any kind.

Are you opposed to highways and driving as well, which are heavily subsidized? How would you like people to get around from now on? Horse and buggy?
1. Did those bills offer subsidies? If so, they should vote against them.

2. The government owns the roads; therefore, of course tax payers pay for them.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:31 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times
I guess acting like an adult and doing as told is too hard?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:33 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,748,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Otherwise got beaten up?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:33 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,603,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Unless the rest of the passengers stood up and did something to stop this human abuse. What an incredible country America has become. Where a plane load of people just sit there on their fat azzes while the jack booted thugs attack an oriental DOCTOR.

When good people do nothing, tyranny reigns.
So they could get their faces smashed in too? We're talking about an enclosed small space with city police officers. Do you think the other passengers could tackle the cops and they'd eventually give up and go home? It can only end one way, and that would be badly for anyone not police or a United employee. The other passengers took the proper action in recording it. Even the people shouting at the cops put themselves at risk of being retaliated against. Now it's all in the light of day; the cop responsible has been suspended and United will get hit where it hurts--the wallet.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:34 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,278,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I guess, acting like professional law-enforcement or in Delta's case like a professional business that honors contracts or at least finds a better solution without causing a PR debacle was too hard, too.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:34 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That somewhere there's an attorney seeing $$$ before him.

As I said in another thread about this, I believe if airlines choose to overbook flights they should be required to keep upping their offer to have people give up their seats voluntarily until the offer is accepted.
Absolutely. I've taken advantage of such offers many times.

But, they should have settled the matter before they let the pax board the plane. Complete idiocy on behalf of the gate and crew.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:35 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,217 times
Quote:
1. Did those bills offer subsidies? If so, they should vote against them.

2. The government owns the roads; therefore, of course tax payers pay for them.

In the first sentence you say subsidies should always be opposed. And yet you immediately contradict yourself in the next sentence by saying its perfectly fine to subsidize the roads.

Let me know when you come up with a coherent argument that makes any sort of sense. Won't be holding my breath.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:38 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,581,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
All those regulations that Trumpers hate are the things that prevent this stuff.
All those regulations have not been preventing this stuff. I've been flying regularly and frequently for over 40 years. These incidents of over-booking are not something new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies