Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 05:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you're going to plagiarize me, wait a page or two.
Haha. Great minds think alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 05:48 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And the funny thing of it - I've heard a few Trump voters accuse Clinton of being too hawkish. Can't make that up!
I'll be honest with you; I supported Clinton but her hawkish tendencies did give me pause.

I NEVER bought into the lie that Trump would be more dovish though. A old macho-man gonna play with some war toys given the chance.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:49 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Can't democrats hold up their end of the bargain for ONCE?

Clinton sat there for 8 years while Bin Laden centralized and set up strategic operations while he did nothing which eventually led to 911. Republicans have to clean up the mess.

Obama sits on North Korea/Syria and their nutty regimes and Trump has to clean up the mess. Hope we never vote a "do nothing" Democrat in the White House again. Nor in the Senate/House. Rest assured, NOTHING will ever get accomplished

Is someone on drugs??

It's ALWAYS the Democrats who had to fix the Republicans' mess and the Republicans who ride the Democratic success until they break it.

Clinton had to fix Reagan and Bush Sr.'s mess.

Obama had to fix Dubya's mess.

The Democratic president in 2020 will have to fix Trump's mess.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:57 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:

Clinton sat there for 8 years while Bin Laden centralized and set up strategic operations while he did nothing which eventually led to 911. Republicans have to clean up the mess.

Obama sits on North Korea/Syria and their nutty regimes and Trump has to clean up the mess. Hope we never vote a "do nothing" Democrat in the White House again. Nor in the Senate/House. Rest assured, NOTHING will ever get accomplished
Just to be clear, are you claiming that GW and Cheney 'fixed' Iraq?....and Afghanistan?...and the real estate market?...and the economy? So they basically fixed it all 'read good'?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:03 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Quote:

Ignorant posts like this are so depressing.

Here are some actual facts:
Clinton was hobbled because every time he tried to do something to counter terrorism, Republicans starting screaming that it was just a distraction from the really important issue of Monica Lewinsky.
Obama took no direct action with Syria partly because other interventions hadn't gone well (including, for instance, Bush in Iraq), and also because there was no clear end game, no clear path to a successor for Assad.
Trump's intervention in Syria just shows his ignorance, that he was never moved by their situation for the last several years, leading him to prove the worthlessness of his own word, since he'd just basically given an all-clear to Assad. It was a dumb move.

By the way, about getting things done - Republicans have had years to come up with a good health care arrangement to replace Obamacare. How is it that they still failed?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:11 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:

Right - as we saw the GOP could not even do a Grand Bargain, work with the SImpson-Bowles and had to shut the whole government down for basically nothing. They also never tackled health care - although they did try education (GWB failed no child left behind).

Republicans basically look at government as a way to enrich themselves and their billionaire friends. It works well actually......for that purpose. But it has left the country is shambles.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Pakistan had him under house arrest most likely and found him. Mainly because The Bush Admin had him on the run with no place to go. Obama was just handed him.

You should submit that little scenario to the NYT fiction list.

But it is comical how you confuse Dog & Pony Shows like Trump's missile strike with getting things done.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:17 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Yes the party of no are great at getting things done.

I swear some of the nonsense that gets claimed here amazes me every day.

Last edited by greywar; 04-10-2017 at 07:38 PM..

Old 04-10-2017, 06:19 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Go right ahead, Republicans. You promised to repeal and replace Obamacare. So what's stopping you? And how about that travel ban? And what about the border wall? Any progress on the new American infrastructure? It appears that Republicans have a difficult time getting things done, even with a supermajority in all branches of government

Old 04-10-2017, 07:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I hate threads like this, because people not familiar with me might think I'm a liberal. And that just makes me want to shower off.
Nah... you probably just need a shower. Got nothing to do with the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies