Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 03:09 AM

39,024 posts, read 27,423,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Some people cannot back up what they say so they deflect. The back peddling was bad enough.
Protecting those that stomp on the rights of the individual is absolutely disgusting.
Well, back peddling?

When I read thread title like this

Respect for pollice highest in 50 years, I just automatically assume people's respect towards a certain profession is high. Nothing more/less; Nothing wrong with it.

I am not like you, I don't read between the lines. I certainly don't look for controversy when there is not any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 03:12 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
came out last October right before the election. No doubt this hurt Democrats as well as they had escalating from criticizing police to promoting hatred and distrust of them while excusing criminals.
Respect for police rises to highest level under Obama, despite of FOX "news" repeating "Obama hates police", and this is supposed to hurt Dems......

Old 04-12-2017, 03:13 AM

37,940 posts, read 17,778,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
While I don't disagree, I wish that respect would be reciprocated.

If I had a nickel for every time I was talked down or disrespected by a police officer when being pulled over...even though I say "yes officer" or "yes sir" to all their commands.

I was wearing my US Air Force uniform when a North Carolina State Trooper pulled me over back in 2005. He asked me if I had any drugs or weapons in the car. In uniform, I showed him my military I.D. I told him I was on my way to visit my girlfriend. He told me "Military IDs come a dime a dozen" and proceeded to call for back up. He asked me if he could search my car. I said "what if I say no?" He responded with "then we can sit here until I get a warrant." they proceeded to search my car and had me sit on the side of the highway as cars slowly passed by me, with people staring at me like I'm some sort of criminal. And of course they found nothing, didn't even issue me a ticket, and let me go.

But people on the internet like you, who have absolutely no idea how degraded and humiliated I felt that day, tell me I need to respect police and show gratitude.
You deserved better than that. Too many in law enforcement pull this stuff or look the other way.

It really helps to know the law to protect yourself from the scumbags who pull this. Nowadays they cannot legally detain you like that. The corrupt ones will still try and get away with it. We've seen how they say you have to show them ID or they'll arrest you even though no crime has been committed. Something basic and cops don't know that? They do know it but don't care because they know there are no repercussions.

A case with drug sniffing dogs

It’s unconstitutional for police to hold suspects during traffic stops without probable cause, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled.

The 6-3 decision means that police are no longer allowed to force a stopped driver to wait for a drug-sniffing dog to arrive to inspect the vehicle. Extending the stop by even a few minutes violates the Constitution’s shield against unreasonable seizures, the court ruled.

The case, Rodriguez v. United States, arrived at the high court after a man was pulled over in Nebraska and issued a citation for erratic driving. A police officer forced him to wait “seven or eight minutes” until another officer walked a drug dog around his vehicle.

Rodriguez was found to be in possession of methamphetamine; however, the Supreme Court ruled that the search of his car was illegal, therefore the evidence gathered against him is inadmissible at trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies