Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 09:34 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
In 2013, Trump made a big deal about Obama needing congressional approval to bomb Syria.

in 2017, Trump bombed Syria without congressional approval.

Donald, make up your mind. which is it???

Making America great again, crushing the institutions that made it great, one at a time.

Separation of powers is a must. While it's fine to say Trump's hardly the first to ignore them, he ran on making America great and he's been openly hostile towards the other branches. This cannot happen.

And because I want Trump supporters to address this (they won't; well, the most devoted one's won't), I' reposting your image:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 09:35 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
He's such an obvious hypocrite, but god forbid any of the dupes who worship him be self aware enough to break through their confirmation bias. Non stop Fox News and talk radio make for very thick skulls.
Indeed.

Trumpers will scroll right past it because they have no answer for it LOL

Old 04-11-2017, 09:46 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Making America great again, crushing the institutions that made it great, one at a time.

Separation of powers is a must. While it's fine to say Trump's hardly the first to ignore them, he ran on making America great and he's been openly hostile towards the other branches. This cannot happen.

And because I want Trump supporters to address this (they won't; well, the most devoted one's won't), I' reposting your image:
I didn't repost the image, but remember the movie They Live (Roddy Piper) where only wearing the special glasses allowed people to see the reality of aliens? I think those glasses made it to today, altered to blind people from seeing Trump other than some white shining image.

I'm not full on against Trump, but am tired of the avid supporters that seem so afraid to say anything negative about him.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:24 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech
Ah, so it is more important for you to enjoy liberals being upset than care that Trump policies are hurting the country. Got it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This way of thinking bothers me -- and there are people on both sides of the aisle that think this way.

It's the biggest problem with the USA right now.

Until folks start seeing policy and actions as what is best for the country and not best for promoting an ideology we will never be great again... (as I type again I have never been able to find anyone to specifically identify when 'again' refers to -- ).
You view presumes that both sides are symmetric -- they both want what is best for the nation but disagree on ideology.

I don't think the right and left are symmetric. The "left" wants to use the government that we have to provide things such as a safety net for workers and those who fall through the cracks; health care for all Americans; clean air and clean water, etc.

If Trump policies are indicative of the "right," we see an obsession with undoing environmental policies; tax-cuts on the rich; allowing pesticides that are harmful to children and workers to be used; allowing Internet Service Providers to sell your history; throwing 24 million Americans off of health coverage; and not allowing states to provide retirement accounts.

If there is a general consistency of the right/Trump/GOP policies it is the bias towards favoring policies that help the rich and corporations at the expense of workers and ordinary citizens.

It's more than just a difference of opinion.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:53 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You view presumes that both sides are symmetric -- they both want what is best for the nation but disagree on ideology.

I don't think the right and left are symmetric. The "left" wants to use the government that we have to provide things such as a safety net for workers and those who fall through the cracks; health care for all Americans; clean air and clean water, etc.

If Trump policies are indicative of the "right," we see an obsession with undoing environmental policies; tax-cuts on the rich; allowing pesticides that are harmful to children and workers to be used; allowing Internet Service Providers to sell your history; throwing 24 million Americans off of health coverage; and not allowing states to provide retirement accounts.

If there is a general consistency of the right/Trump/GOP policies it is the bias towards favoring policies that help the rich and corporations at the expense of workers and ordinary citizens.

It's more than just a difference of opinion.

Kudos. I have a skating friend who is an avid Trump supporter and I asked her how she felt about Trump allowing a dangerous pesticide back on the market in favor of Dow Chemical ( A very 1% company.) She said that Trump eats the same food that we do so why would he allow it to be put back on the market if that were true. I had to explain to her about crop dusting and what chemicals that are dangerous do to the environment. I asked her if she knew what blackwater was and of course, she didn't. I asked her why she thought Flynn was seeking immunity before he testifies. I got the same deer in a headlight stare as she defended Trump and how he would make America great again rhetoric, without giving me any facts to back it up. Most people are clueless to the look over there president while he creates enemies and diversions to promote his hidden agenda's. I have never seen so much corruption right out there for everyone to see....yet can't see. It's embarrassing how clueless and uniformed so many people in this country are. I have another friend that's 80 that voted for Trump and he just gets angry when I try to ask his opinion on the nepotism and blatant corruption. He supports who he supports blindly and without question. What do you do with that stubborn, clueless mentality? Become enemies because of it? No. All of this will run it's course and it's not worth dividing a country over it, or destroying friendships and families over it.

To be fair, nothing is all good and nothing is all bad. I do agree that illegal immigration needs to be dealt with and sanctuary cities need to follow the law. It is not fair to people who come here through the right channels and follow the law to become citizens. I'm all for deporting the criminals. I'm also in favor of dealing with it with pen and paper and not with an expensive wall for just some of it. Especially a wall that does not cover the entire border.

There has to be a happy medium that incorporates both parties vision for America. Ideology and reality are often two different things. Fanatics on either side are not in the best interest of the American people. Why can't we learn how to take the both of both sides to make America great again?

Old 04-11-2017, 04:57 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Kudos. I have a skating friend who is an avid Trump supporter and I asked her how she felt about Trump allowing a dangerous pesticide back on the market in favor of Dow Chemical ( A very 1% company.) She said that Trump eats the same food that we do so why would he allow it to be put back on the market if that were true. I had to explain to her about crop dusting and what chemicals that are dangerous do to the environment. I asked her if she knew what blackwater was and of course, she didn't. I asked her why she thought Flynn was seeking immunity before he testifies. I got the same deer in a headlight stare as she defended Trump and how he would make America great again rhetoric, without giving me any facts to back it up. Most people are clueless to the look over there president while he creates enemies and diversions to promote his hidden agenda's. I have never seen so much corruption right out there for everyone to see....yet can't see. It's embarrassing how clueless and uniformed so many people in this country are. I have another friend that's 80 that voted for Trump and he just gets angry when I try to ask his opinion on the nepotism and blatant corruption. He supports who he supports blindly and without question. What do you do with that stubborn, clueless mentality? Become enemies because of it? No. All of this will run it's course and it's not worth dividing a country over it, or destroying friendships and families over it.

To be fair, nothing is all good and nothing is all bad. I do agree that illegal immigration needs to be dealt with and sanctuary cities need to follow the law. It is not fair to people who come here through the right channels and follow the law to become citizens. I'm all for deporting the criminals. I'm also in favor of dealing with it with pen and paper and not with an expensive wall for just some of it. Especially a wall that does not cover the entire border.

There has to be a happy medium that incorporates both parties vision for America. Ideology and reality are often two different things. Fanatics on either side are not in the best interest of the American people. Why can't we learn how to take the both of both sides to make America great again?
Trump's story was told a very long time ago by Robert Browning. Back then it was called The Pied Piper. We're just seeing the modern version of it. I'm not exactly sure what represents the fife used by the Pied Piper of Hamelin (I don't know, maybe Trump's hair?), but it appears the blind and naive Trump supporters (not all, just the ones with blindfolds on, which currently though seems to be a lot) represent the children.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:21 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Act of war requires congressional approval.
Not always. The president has leeway in both response and time. But anything that lasts more than 90 days has to be approved by Congress to continue.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:31 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Ah, so it is more important for you to enjoy liberals being upset than care that Trump policies are hurting the country. Got it!
That is what it appears to always be about.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:00 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Haha, love the blowback here of you non-winners trying to defend your pride. You got 7 1/2 years of it at least.
First of all, it is not just about "winning or losing", but some like to think it is just a competition with "Cowboys and Indians". Just keep laughing... in a little while, your big cheese will be failing.."bigly".

Old 04-12-2017, 01:11 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
You might not be so happy living in a totalitarian state.

Remember, nothing the Donald has tried to do in his first 100 days has been successful. HIs administration looks like the clown department at a circus. Pretty soon his ego is likely to burst and then he'll "have to do what is right for America".....because the "people" are too stupid to know what they need. That is not going to be a pretty day....for anyone here in America.

Beware the danger which you cannot see. It works for his buddy Putin, you can be sure that Putin has told the Donald it will work in America.
I think the two of them are putting on a big show for the gullible. They're just like "professional" wrestlers, who orchestrate every move. One guy wins two falls and the match and then another day, the other one wins. Putin and Trump are both about as authentic as those clowns in the ring. And although it seems unbelievable, those wrestlers have a big audience, many of which think it's genuine competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies