Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2017, 08:44 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I find it fascinating that Trump haters simultaneously
[*]Condemn Sean Spicer for making the factual statement that Hitler did not use gas weapons on the battle field.....
There you go, lying again. Again, I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking your tactics.

Spicer did not say that, he said: "You had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons,"

Then he tried to clarify by saying: "In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust,” he said in the statement. “I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers. Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable.”

So first, you created a lie to defend your position. If your lie were true, then your defense might hold water, but it wasn't, and it doesn't.

Then, Spicer actually went on to clarify (!) that he meant what he said, he seemingly felt there is a distinction between taking the gas to the people, vs taking the people to the gas.

Granted, he made a mistake, and he apologized for it eventually. But to see the Trumplings fall in line and try to defend his statement by changing the truth is dispicable. Honestly, you just tried to spin truth about the Holocaust to defend your political choices in a US Election. You lied to defend a statement that Assad is worse than Hitler.

(And someone else earlier in the discussion lied by trying to say the "snowflakes" invoked the Hitler reference. NO, SPICER DID!)

If you are going to argue, and expect anyone of any intelligence to be swayed, DON'T blatently lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 08:45 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Ah, but there's the rub. Spicer doesn't know what he means.
He's not an expert of history. He made a mistake and let his guard down. He has to remember who he is dealing with.

What he is an expert at is putting these reporters in their place and that is all he has to focus on in the future. Don't open up to them, don't show your human side because they are rats and are just looking for weaknesses.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:47 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
In a stupid and outrageous statement Sean Spicer had the audacity to say at his press conference when making a clumsy and foolish attempt to comparing Assad to Hitler, and said "even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons". Guess he forgot about the millions of jews Hitler sent to the gas chambers!

When pressed on this in a follow up by another reporter, who raised gassing of jews, rather than just apologize and admit his mistake he mumbled something about well yes I do appreciate the distinction.

What an idiot and no doubt like his fearless leader he just can't admit to being wrong apologizing and moving on.

Well no doubt he will apologize later on today or tomorrow when the s***t storm on this erupts and rightly so.

Wow!
I think Spicer goofed up.

I think the Main Stream Media should lead with this story every night of the week to take the snowflakes' minds off of the Neil Gorsuch victory, China agreeing to help the U.S.A. and the world to dismantle the NOKO nuclear threat, Tillerson straightening Putin out via a talk to his Prime Minister, Kansas, and whatever comes down the pike this week.

Nancy Pelosi should demand that Spicer be fired. That'll be good for a laugh or two.

Meanwhile, Trump will fix healthcare in a week or two, James Mattis will scowl and look mean, and Susan Rice's forehead will look greasier and guiltier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Spicer was talking about the battle field. Spicer had no intention to put down Jews during their Holy Days. Anyone that believes Spicer was trying to put down Jews has a serious mental illness or is dishonest.
They've got nothing else.

They are so starved to death over there.

They've lost their battles with Trump illegitimacy, Trump-Putin allegiance, healthcare reform vs healthcare failure, the Supreme Court, Governorships, the Senate, the House, NoKo, soon to be Syria and Iran, the White House...

Heck, all they got this week is the Spicer crumb and the O Reilly Factor crumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
It really was!

But, Spicer's detractors should take another lesson from WWII... don't hyperbolize "a bridge too far" in these situations.
If would have taken Hitler and KKK from the Snowflakes' vocabulary this election season, all we would have heard from them would be Russians, waa, Mommy, Orange Bad Man, notmypwesidint! Oh, and that's just the Fake Stream Media.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-12-2017 at 09:16 AM..

Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Even Spicer has admitted he was wrong.
Of course he did, he has no choice.

The question is:

Do you really believe Spicer did this because he is an antisemite?
Do you really believe Spicer had no idea Jews were killed in baths with gas?

Old 04-12-2017, 08:50 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,012,647 times
Quote:
Of course he did, he has no choice.

The question is:

Do you really believe Spicer did this because he is an antisemite?
Do you really believe Spicer had no idea Jews were killed in baths with gas?
Or do you really believe Spicer was talking about chemical weapons being used in a battlefield situation. Not on prisoners.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:59 AM

19,746 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
There you go, lying again. Again, I'm not attacking you, I'm attacking your tactics.

Spicer did not say that, he said: "You had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons,"

Then he tried to clarify by saying: "In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust,” he said in the statement. “I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers. Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable.”

So first, you created a lie to defend your position. If your lie were true, then your defense might hold water, but it wasn't, and it doesn't.

Then, Spicer actually went on to clarify (!) that he meant what he said, he seemingly felt there is a distinction between taking the gas to the people, vs taking the people to the gas.

Granted, he made a mistake, and he apologized for it eventually. But to see the Trumplings fall in line and try to defend his statement by changing the truth is dispicable. Honestly, you just tried to spin truth about the Holocaust to defend your political choices in a US Election. You lied to defend a statement that Assad is worse than Hitler.

(And someone else earlier in the discussion lied by trying to say the "snowflakes" invoked the Hitler reference. NO, SPICER DID!)

If you are going to argue, and expect anyone of any intelligence to be swayed, DON'T blatently lie.
The puppets are full of bullsnot, aren't they?

Old 04-12-2017, 08:59 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Or do you really believe Spicer was talking about chemical weapons being used in a battlefield situation. Not on prisoners.
Spicer was talking about the battle field. Spicer had no intention to put down Jews during their Holy Days. Anyone that believes Spicer was trying to put down Jews has a serious mental illness or is dishonest.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
This says it all. I cannot rep you again

Old 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,012,647 times
Quote:

I know, and I agree with you.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:03 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was a stupid thing to say no matter how you want to cut it.
It really was!

But, Spicer's detractors should take another lesson from WWII... don't hyperbolize "a bridge too far" in these situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies