Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 08:24 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times

Advertisements

"And the US would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling countries"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXUqwuzcGeU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 08:46 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The UN is not relevant simply because if the US (and I wish it would) cut off funding, it would wither away.
The UN headquarters in New York generates $2 billion a year in revenue for New York. Airlines, hotels, restaurants, car rentals, etc. I don`t think we should cut off anything that generates that much economic activity. Yes indeed The UN falls short but without them, where could Colin Powell have gone to warn the world about Iraq`s Mobile Weapons Labs that we still haven`t found. Remember those?

Old 04-12-2017, 09:02 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
There is a near daily onslaught into the affairs of Israel. There is a near weekly one at the UN where there is meeting/conference only on Israel. Every day there is some country on the planet telling Israel what they think it should be doing.

If the same scenario were done exactly the same to the US, how do you think you and the US should react to it?

NewsNow: Israel news | Breaking News & Search 24/7
Do both of them listen anyway?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:18 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The UN headquarters in New York generates $2 billion a year in revenue for New York. Airlines, hotels, restaurants, car rentals, etc. I don`t think we should cut off anything that generates that much economic activity. Yes indeed The UN falls short but without them, where could Colin Powell have gone to warn the world about Iraq`s Mobile Weapons Labs that we still haven`t found. Remember those?
Yet the UN (and all the foreign nationals working there) pays "0" in taxes for NYC as they are tax exempt. They put "0" into the coffers to pay for City, State and Federal services. So what do you estimate the value of all those services rendered for them?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:23 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
There is a near daily onslaught into the affairs of Israel. There is a near weekly one at the UN where there is meeting/conference only on Israel. Every day there is some country on the planet telling Israel what they think it should be doing.

If the same scenario were done exactly the same to the US, how do you think you and the US should react to it?

You know sometimes you post some really good stuff and I appreciate that but really ... sometimes you make us anxious.

Talk about other countries "TELLING" Israel what to do, versus , Israel sending it's forces into Syria to do whatever evil they are ordered to do.

Isn't Netanyahu on the record admitting this?

which one is verse? Someone telling Israel to stop the atrocities or Israel sending it's army to drop bombs in Syria?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:

I remember a little speech given by Netanyahu in OUR Congress about policy regarding Iran. Policy that's none of Israel's business. Yet there he was, putting down a U.S. president in that president's own capitol. When did an Israeli president ever do that before?

Now i have my own theories as to why Netanyahu felt so comfortable doing that with Obama and no one else, and if you use your imagination, you can guess why i think he found the audacity to do it.

So, i'll just leave that right there.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:

other countries already DO meddle in our affairs. at the UN, using spies placed high up in government, etc.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:29 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
other countries already DO meddle in our affairs. at the UN, using spies placed high up in government, etc.
I wonder if I could post a list of Israeli spies caught in USA?

Old 04-12-2017, 02:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I wonder if I could post a list of Israeli spies caught in USA?
if you can find it, go ahead, dont forget the russian, chinese, saudi, egyption, german, british, canadian, and other countries spies as well.

most of the are called military attaches, diplomatic couriers, and other embassy personal with diplomatic immunity.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:14 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You know sometimes you post some really good stuff and I appreciate that but really ... sometimes you make us anxious.

Talk about other countries "TELLING" Israel what to do, versus , Israel sending it's forces into Syria to do whatever evil they are ordered to do.

Isn't Netanyahu on the record admitting this?

which one is verse? Someone telling Israel to stop the atrocities or Israel sending it's army to drop bombs in Syria?
By your logic it's time for the US to publicly apologize to Cuba for acquiring missiles as the US had no right to interfere with the import and installation of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies