Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 09:30 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's a big deal for Spicer because it's important to a certain small group of people who exert a large amount of influence in the world of politics and media.
It's a big deal to the opposition party... nothing more!

Seriously, answer the question: What exactly did Spicer say that made it seem it was right in either case? Was he somehow pro-Nazi? That's where the left are going with this. MORE ABSURDITY from the, now proven, insane.

STOP THE BS

He was wrong historically, nothing more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 09:32 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
It wasn't a slip of the tongue. It was a reflection of his true thoughts. Spicer minimized Hitler and the Holocaust. What he was trying to say was that Asad is worse than Hitler because not even Hitler gassed people. No only is that factually wrong, but completely asinine. Hitler murdered more than 11 million people.

There is suspicion that many on Trump's staff are white nationalists aka white supremacists. And many white supremacists minimize or deny the Holocaust to belittle Jews. You have to question what one's true feelings are on a matter when they make a statement this ignorant. How would you not know that Hitler gassed his subjects among other forms of torture.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
So Kushner will push him out?
He may have been trying to avoid that with his ridiculously over-the-top apology.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:36 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,748,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It wasn't a slip of the tongue. It was a reflection of his true thoughts. Spicer minimized Hitler and the Holocaust. What he was trying to say was that Asad is worse than Hitler because not even Hitler gassed people. No only is that factually wrong, but completely asinine. Hitler murdered more than 11 million people.

There is suspicion that many on Trump's staff are white nationalists aka white supremacists. And many white supremacists minimize or deny the Holocaust to belittle Jews. You have to question what one's true feelings are on a matter when they make a statement this ignorant. How would you not know that Hitler gassed his subjects among other forms of torture.
He should watch his mouth but you cannot require all people to think like Jews. It's unfair and impossible.
I'm Asian and my great grandfather was killed by Japanese troops. However I can't possibly require all Americans to have the same feeling as me towards Japanese.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:36 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
He simply said Hitler did not use chemical weapons like Assad, which makes sense in that context although it's not the best wording.
He has apologized so many times and the media is talking about firing him already.
Personally to me it matters, because what he (Spicer that is) was doing, was much closer to what I consider to be "propaganda," and deliberate spread of hysteria.
Hitler didn't have military opposition within his country that he had to deal with, unlike Assad.
The people that he deemed to be "the enemies of the German state" however - i.e. Jews, were gassed en mass.
Therefore when Spicer makes such public comparison, invoking the most fearful and grim associations, to me it sounds more like propaganda trick than anything else.
This, or pure stupidity.
One or the other.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:37 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Spicer minimized Hitler and the Holocaust.
No.
Quote:
What he was trying to say was that Asad is worse than Hitler because not even Hitler gassed people.
He did not say that Hitler never gassed people.
Quote:
There is suspicion that many on Trump's staff are white nationalists aka white supremacists...
My suspicion is that you aren't very bright.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
He should watch his mouth but you cannot require all people to think like Jews. It's unfair and impossible.
I'm Asian and my great grandfather was killed by Japanese troops. However I can't possibly require all Americans to have the same feeling as me towards Japanese.
So you have to be Jewish to recognize that killing 11 million people largely through torture is wrong?

Old 04-12-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No.
He did not say that Hitler never gassed people.
My suspicion is that you aren't very bright.
I don't suspect that you are not bright, it's just a fact you are not bright. He clearly stated that Hitler didn't gas victims and then tried to backtrack by indicating he didn't specifically use sarin gas. You clearly lack attention to detail.

Let me guess, you are one of these "enlightened" individuals who deny global warming and facts?

Old 04-12-2017, 10:05 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,498 times
The liberals (all Mainstream Media) hate Spicer for who he represents and the fact that he calls out the media on their continuous destroy Trump propaganda so when Spicer screws up, as he finally did here, the liberals and media (same thing) all launch their missiles, guns, rocks, and feces at him with everything they have.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:11 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
The liberals (all Mainstream Media) hate Spicer for who he represents and the fact that he calls out the media on their continuous destroy Trump propaganda so when Spicer screws up, as he finally did here, the liberals and media (same thing) all launch their missiles, guns, rocks, and feces at him with everything they have.
Honestly, I don't think anyone hates Spicer. I think they feel sorry for him. It's his job to defend and spin Trumps lies. I doubt he will last long in this job. How could anyone with a conscience last. I'm sure it's hard on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies