Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 08:50 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times

Advertisements

I don't know how many times it has to be said.

He's not a nationalist.
He's not a globalist.
He's an opportunist.

He couldn't care less about any of this stuff. All he wants is more money for himself and his family. He doesn't care about healthcare, tax reform (unless it benefits him), the environment, or illegal immigration.

HE DOESN'T CARE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 08:53 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And Bannon is losing influence apparently?

It should be what they want
It's amazing to me that Trump is betraying the agenda he ran on and his supporters, rather than holding him accountable, just ***** about liberals still...

Bad parenting I guess.

Am I happy? No. This is exactly why I didn't want him to be president in the first place. While I disagree with much of his rhetoric, there were areas where I had some optimism, though I was skeptical if he actually believed it. I doubted he actually believed it which is why, paired with him being an ass, I couldn't' support him. I was right. I wouldn't' say I'm happy about it... but I was right.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:03 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:

Those are our options? A hedge fund manager whose chief qualification is "married Daddy's girl" vs. a white supremacist with anger issues? What sort of idiotic choice is that? What sort of unqualified, amateurish, incompetent buffoon looks at America and thinks "Yep, those are the very best people I can lean on for advice"?

Old 04-13-2017, 09:09 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:

Nope. We just want Trump to either govern like a reasonable human or resign.

I think Bannon and Ivanka are flip sides to the same, crappy coin.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
So, somehow it's liberals fault that you voted for a man that only cares about what's in it for him and sways to the will of the last person that whispered in his ear?

Okay.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:11 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I don't know how many times it has to be said.

He's not a nationalist.
He's not a globalist.
He's an opportunist.

He couldn't care less about any of this stuff. All he wants is more money for himself and his family. He doesn't care about healthcare, tax reform (unless it benefits him), the environment, or illegal immigration.

HE DOESN'T CARE!
AND! It really doesn't matter what he says, it will be party rule, that's the way it's done in DC. too much emphasis is being placed on one man, and while the election only allows one person to be elected we all know that we are really electing a ton of people into power, Steve Bannon, Ivanka, and Kushner, included...

Old 04-13-2017, 09:11 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Are liberals happy now that Ivanka and her husband are turning Trump into a globalist?
Most things which are considered "globalist" have been pushed through by Republicans under the banner of free trade, and pro-business, so I don't know how is it suddenly equated with liberalism. Even NAFTA is a GOP baby. When Clinton (hardly a liberal) signed it into law, it was ready pending signature, pushed through by president Bush and GOP lawmakers.

Trump showing his true globalist colors is making many Republicans breath a lot easier.

As an independent, I have hoped all along Trump would not enact the idiotic economic policies like 35% border taxes. That is not globalist, anti-globalist or anything other than pure idiocy.

He is on par to flip flip on every campaign promise, and I think that is great. He can flip flop on everything, and spend the rest of his term in Florida playing golf and running his businesses, and do and say nothing. That would be great.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:13 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So, somehow it's liberals fault that you voted for a man that only cares about what's in it for him and sways to the will of the last person that whispered in his ear?

Okay.
it's almost like many people were aware that this man was void of any scruples, experience, or principles and voted against him due to these shortcomings. How could anyone have seen this coming? It must be a trick by those damned loony libs...hating them is the most important things in the world...above all else...it's their fault Daddy doesn't love us anymore and is in bed with Paul, McConnell, etc...

Old 04-13-2017, 09:19 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Most things which are considered "globalist" have been pushed through by Republicans under the banner of free trade, and pro-business, so I don't know how is it suddenly equated with liberalism. Even NAFTA is a GOP baby. When Clinton (hardly a liberal) signed it into law, it was ready pending signature, pushed through by president Bush and GOP lawmakers.

Trump showing his true globalist colors is making many Republicans breath a lot easier.
Exactly right. The party always takes the reins as soon as it is feasible, and the "global agenda"has been pursued by both parties, after all, those who can understand the current reality of the US as a plutocracy will see Trump's campaign populism as just that..Money rules, not politicians....

Old 04-13-2017, 09:33 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,329,485 times
Quote:

The media was in a frenzy to find some russian collusion, there isnt any but that wasnt going to stop them from the anti russia witch hunt, so it was probably inevitable trump would do something to create some russian/american problems to prove that he isnt being "blackmailed" lol

We are heading for a nightmare in this world if we continue to intervene all over the world militarily, just sitting offshore and firing missiles isnt going to be the future of warfare with nations like north korea or in the middle east.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies