Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 07:15 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times

Advertisements

He has made a complete 180 on stances. He's not Leo establishment and no longer the populist we seen during his campaign and infant presidency. The fact that alt rights are turning against him, I got to say. He's growing on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 07:35 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
I still have brain cells and did not support or vote for Trump and his actions the last few days have cemented in my mind that he has always been establishment. The kicker for me was on the trail Trump was for higher interest rates and said they have to come up. And now he is for low interest rates and open to appointing Yellen back to fed chair.

If that is not establishment what is ?

Old 04-13-2017, 07:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
The Fakestream media is still trying to set the narrative. They have not learned, what worked with Obama, is not going to work with Trump. The Steve Bannon stories lately prove that. The Susan Rice cover-up prove it.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:42 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Fakestream media is still trying to set the narrative. They have not learned, what worked with Obama, is not going to work with Trump. The Steve Bannon stories lately prove that. The Susan Rice cover-up prove it.
What does this have to do with this thread?

Nothing.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:44 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
they finally put the hooks on him- and EL puppet has now arisen

Old 04-13-2017, 07:48 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Well, I am not really 'warming up' to President Trump, yet.

We must recall that he is a 'populist', which, as I define it (my definition only), is one that will readily change positions to please the biggest portion of the population.

I had said, back before the election, that if Mr. Trump became President, he would want to be remembered as a 'great' President (his ego will demand nothing less). As such, I had predicted that, being obsessed with opinion polls as he is, he would change positions on issues if he believes that by doing so will increase his popularity.

Mr. Trump, as President, has not spoken much about the various polls showing his low approval marks, but he must be aware of them (if nothing else, by his watching the morning news shows). Thus, he is obviously 'evolving' his stances, so as to be on the 'popular' side. Just in the past two days or so, he has changed his mind about the import/export bank (he was against, now for), as well as Ms. Yellen (was against, now for).

Indeed, by the end of the summer he shall probably 'change his position' on many of his pre-election beliefs.

I predict that he will soon abandon the Wall idea, since the number of illegals crossing over into the United States has fallen markedly. He will explain "Enforcement of existing laws has proven effective in stopping the illegals". I think he would rather change his position on the wall, rather than chance being denied the funds to build said wall by Congress.

President Trump is a curious man, a curious man is he.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
He has made a complete 180 on stances. He's not Leo establishment and no longer the populist we seen during his campaign and infant presidency. The fact that alt rights are turning against him, I got to say. He's growing on me.
He is beginning to realize how truly clueless he was when he made all those ignorant promises.

As for his supporters.....those who stand by their principles are angry at him for the broken promises, and the loyal lemmings follow him no matter how often he flip flops. They follow a person, not ideas, or principles.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:59 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I still have brain cells and did not support or vote for Trump and his actions the last few days have cemented in my mind that he has always been establishment. The kicker for me was on the trail Trump was for higher interest rates and said they have to come up. And now he is for low interest rates and open to appointing Yellen back to fed chair.

If that is not establishment what is ?
I knew what we were getting. Trump was a Democrat in the 80's and most of the 90's. Much like me he turned against the party when the whacked in the head fringe took it over.

When is the last time you heard a Republican President make health care for the people a priority?

Old 04-13-2017, 08:00 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Much like the old Boy George song, Trump's a man without conviction. He comes and goes. Our policy is now subject to the whims of what cable news channel he happened to watch in the morning. Have you heard since his meeting with the Chinese president he's now pro-China? Don't worry -- that won't last the next meeting he has with the leader of Taiwan.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:01 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Much like the old Boy George song, Trump's a man without conviction. He comes and goes. Our policy is now subject to the whims of what cable news channel he happened to watch in the morning. Have you heard since his meeting with the Chinese president he's now pro-China? Don't worry -- that won't last the next meeting he has with the leader of Taiwan.
A great boxer I guess would also be a man without conviction, because he rolls with the punches and changes up what the other guy expects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies