Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 09:30 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,794,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
That's the problem... you're not serving your country. You're serving the interests of corporations, special interests groups and foreign nations.

Want to serve? Become a doctor and work pro bono. Start a charity. Coach youth sports for free.

But picking up a gun to kill people in foreign lands, for external interests that does not protect the American people?
Yep. You really don't know what you are talking about lmao!!! Once again, a military member can earn a degree. Their training sets them up for some pretty major jobs when they get out. Dr's, lawyers, intel, communications, computers etc. Next.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:41 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,251,719 times
Quote:
That's the problem... you're not serving your country. You're serving the interests of corporations, special interests groups and foreign nations.

Want to serve? Become a doctor and work pro bono. Start a charity. Coach youth sports for free.

But picking up a gun to kill people in foreign lands, for external interests that does not protect the American people?
Heh, heh.......... Oh yeah.
Become a doctor (that'll cost you 200 grand) and then work for nothing. OK. Call it "pro bono" so that it sounds intelligent. Unless you come from a family that is loaded, you are going to have to pay for school.

But - catch 22! - if your family is loaded then they will have got the money from one of those eeeeeevil corporations (shudder).

Meanwhile Harry Reid, who never made more than 193,400 per year in his life, blubbers about the "privilege of serving" and walks off with a net worth of $10 million and the Progs don't see anything wrong.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:47 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, like I said, you claim American soldiers are dumb ass, you would pick Taliban soldiers over them.

I am telling you that you are biased to say the least.

I don't care about your talking point because I also disagree with some of the American foreign policies. However, you still don't know anything about American combat troops. We can all learn one thing or two in order to be at least a little bit fair and balanced.
I would probably pick the Taliban here.

They control territory now that holds mostly their population base of 40 million in Afghanistan and Pakistan (Pashtunistan).

Also, they receive support from the Pakistan government and the military who aren't about to let a hostile foreign power control Afghanistan. Some estimates have 30% of the Taliban force made up of regular Pakistan army.

It remains to be seen whether they want to control Northern Afghanistan, anymore than the Northern Coalition under the US seemed reluctant at extending themselves to the south.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Oh please. This is a war crime. The largest non-nuke only hits ISIS right? Not civilians?

And then we wonder why the people around the world hate us.
I agree. Trump is such a hypocrite. More children probably died between the missile strike in Syria and the bombing in Afghanistan today than the 25 who were gassed by Assad. I just listened to a demolitions expert who said this bomb has a "blast radius" that exceeds one mile and creates a local earthquake. He added, "so it's not just likely civilians were killed, it's unlikely that they weren't. Both Bush and Obama had access to it and decided not to use it.

Sorry I don't have a link...just listening to the news.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:54 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
I would probably pick the Taliban here.

They control territory now that holds mostly their population base of 40 million in Afghanistan and Pakistan (Pashtunistan).

Also, they receive support from the Pakistan government and the military who aren't about to let a hostile foreign power control Afghanistan. Some estimates have 30% of the Taliban force made up of regular Pakistan army.

It remains to be seen whether they want to control Northern Afghanistan, anymore than the Northern Coalition under the US seemed reluctant at extending themselves to the south.
I am not interested in debating with you. I am only interested in debunking the myth, American soldiers are dumb ass.

If that poster did not post something THAT ridiculous, I won't even join this thread.

The thread is too predictable. and I am not a big fan of the some of the foreign policies myself, so doubt I have anything else to add.

I'd say this though, pick the Taliban in what situation? I won't pick them in every situation. In war, everything can be game changer, you win, you lose. Just don't underestimate your enemies or taking anything so personally. That is all.

Also want to add, in the last two decades, Islamic non-state actors, like the Taliban, have demonstrated the ability to rapidly adapt to our tactics, techniques and procedures. Most cells have a well-connected network of observers, spies, and informants. but to say Taliban would win, lol good luck with that.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:57 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Who cares if we drop one big bomb or two or drop 150+ 500lb bombs from a B52?

Mostly this is a PR and intimidation weapon.

However, in this case since I believe it's fuel\air you probably have aspects where it really screws people over in hard fortifications like caves where they're more protected from shrapnel and concussion.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:04 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So, because there were pissed off Arabs willing to die for glory while sticking it to the U.S. 16 years ago, ISIS won't point to the U.S. dropping the biggest bomb ever when it's trying to get young Muslim recruits fired up about blowing themselves up in a mall? Is that what you're saying?
Everything they need to get fired up about is in the Koran or other stories they make up. Bombs make no difference.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
After the Soviets left we were asked to leave and would not. We were warned that was a mistake.
Wait what? We were asked to leave? Leave where? We were never in Afghanistan, before or after Soviet's withdrawal.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I suppose you like them to serve your local imam in the pursuit of the early Islam glory days. Islamists, where ever they live, disdain nationhood. They are the true "globalists" in that the whole world at some point will live under the flag of Islam. This is what drives Iran's clerical regime. They never talk about Iraqis or Syrians or Yemenis. They are Muslims first. Now we got this supposedly American spewing the same garbage that has subjugated millions, yet he himself is strolling in the park holding hands.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:22 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I suppose you like them to serve your local imam in the pursuit of the early Islam glory days. Islamists, where ever they live, disdain nationhood. They are the true "globalists" in that the whole world at some point will live under the flag of Islam. This is what drives Iran's clerical regime. They never talk about Iraqis or Syrians or Yemenis. They are Muslims first. Now we got this supposedly American spewing the same garbage that has subjugated millions, yet he himself is strolling in the park holding hands.
Nice rant.

Back to the topic at hand. Next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies