Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:27 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
To suggest someone is confused is not an argument, good or bad. Pointing at confusion is perhaps an introduction toward an argument, which hopefully is not a bad argument.

But who wants to argue about argument? Right? When the issue is to bomb or not to bomb...
You do, obviously.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
So as I asked you before you are good with the Syrian Government gassing and killing it's own people including women and children?
There is no proof they did and even if they did we do the same. Why is it wrong for them but OK for us?

U.S. Airstrikes in Iraq, Syria Killed Twice the Civilians Previously Announced - NBC News

Dead is dead.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:53 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You do, obviously.
That was an effort to simply move on. Shall we?

Old 04-17-2017, 11:01 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
That was an effort to simply move on. Shall we?
I wanted to do that (move on) a long time ago.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is no proof they did and even if they did we do the same. Why is it wrong for them but OK for us?

U.S. Airstrikes in Iraq, Syria Killed Twice the Civilians Previously Announced - NBC News

Dead is dead.
Put myself in Obama's shoes, or Trump's shoes, and I'm not sure I too wouldn't want to retaliate against the likes of Assad gassing people in Syria, along with acting in response to other most egregious acts against humanity that should be addressed all over the world, but when/if these acts can't get Congressional approval, sure seems to me that "we the people" are not in support of retaliating. If/when that is the case, should Congress be ignored or worked around?

There's the key question for me and a lot of other Americans right now, and a question that needs answering, because at this rate there is no telling what we will do with North Korea or Iran or Syria going forward. Not exactly what I want determined by Trump's whim on any given day...

Old 04-17-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I wanted to do that (move on) a long time ago.
"Better late than never" as they say...

One minute I thought we were discussing the right or wrong of dropping that mega bomb and your point that the decision was made by a military commander. Next thing I know..., well, moving right along got sidelined a bit, delayed is all.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Put myself in Obama's shoes, or Trump's shoes, and I'm not sure I too wouldn't want to retaliate against the likes of Assad gassing people in Syria, along with acting in response to other most egregious acts against humanity that should be addressed all over the world, but when/if these acts can't get Congressional approval, sure seems to me that "we the people" are not in support of retaliating. If/when that is the case, should Congress be ignored or worked around?

There's the key question for me and a lot of other Americans right now, and a question that needs answering, because at this rate there is no telling what we will do with North Korea or Iran or Syria going forward. Not exactly what I want determined by Trump's whim on any given day...
Trump nor Obama nor Bush is/was trustworthy enough to lead us into war.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:31 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,929 times
A conventional bomb is a conventional bomb, whether it's 250 lbs or 30,000 lbs.

Now nuclear, biological, or chemical bombs are a different ballgame altogether.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:49 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:

Dead is dead.
It is how guerrilla warfare works. The guerrilla force in this case is the US-backed jihadist rebels. They attack the government forces and hide among the civilian population despite being mostly comprised of foreign fighters. In order to fight the rebels, the government's attacks will hit civilian areas. The rebels will then use the incidents to make appeals through the media to get their foreign government backers to constrain the Syrian military or to provide military support.

Many of the groups that are employed to make these appeals through the media are themselves financed and organized by the same governments that finance and support the rebels.

It's also called fourth-generation warfare.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:57 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
"Let's broaden the scope of this a little. In your opinion, is there any action or any event that might occur outside of US borders that would justify a US military response?"

Quote:
Sure. If another countries military assassinated the president for example.
Ok, that's a good example. So now let's narrow it down a little, if that's OK.

Let's say a country like Russia installed some nuclear-tipped missiles in Cuba. Would that justify a US military response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies