U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 07:50 AM

833 posts, read 428,777 times

Advertisements

Is there some reason you folks believe polls now after the thrashing you took in 2016?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 07:54 AM

34,589 posts, read 14,630,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
There's a perfectly good reason to support strikes under Trump but not Obama.

Obama was an incompetent terrorist sympathizer who hates the military. Trump is none of those things.
Not that I'm agreeing with you about obama because I'm not but it's about protecting our borders like the Constitution says.

A lot of the GOP is coming off like hypocrites. I wonder how they defend their vote when asked about why it's different in their mind.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:57 AM

38,863 posts, read 22,936,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Is there some reason you folks believe polls now after the thrashing you took in 2016?
I just realize that the pollsters know more about what they're doing than you and other Trumplings.

OK, better get back to that business of "winning."

Old 04-18-2017, 08:02 AM

524 posts, read 213,978 times
War is a hell of a racket

Old 04-18-2017, 09:37 AM

34,589 posts, read 14,630,301 times
So now is he going to bomb Al Qaeda?

The civilians in their buses, mostly elderly, women and children, were guarded by "rebels" of Ahrar al Sham. They were hungry. Someone appeared on the scene and distributed crisps. When children flocked around the food distribution a blue car drove up and a very large explosion occurred. Four buses full of people and a number of cars were totally destroyed

127 of the civilians, only a mile or two from the safe government area, were killed in the suicide attack including 95 children. Many more were wounded. An unknown number of Ahrar al Sham "rebel" guards were also killed. There is no serious disagreement about what happened.

It is obvious that the suicide attack was committed by al-Qaeda in Syria. No government aligned element could have crossed into rebel held territory. The government aligned forces have not committed any suicide attacks while al-Qaeda as well as Ahrar al Sham have committed hundreds. This was a "rebel" suicide attack, likely by al-Qaeda, against government aligned civilian refugees.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/al-qaed...ind-it/5585500

Old 04-18-2017, 09:38 AM

79,644 posts, read 39,452,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont think you believe that, you simply dont think the war is worth the fight

I dont think American should be the "world police", but we should defend democracy.
I've asked over and over what is it that we have accomplished and what is the end game. There has been no answer.

I indeed do believe what I said.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:11 AM

5,135 posts, read 2,264,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
And a Muslim communist too.

quoted for truth.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:14 AM

15,721 posts, read 10,822,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
To be truthful, he's half black.

And to be realistic, what the hell does that have to do with whether the US should involve itself in Syria's civil war?
Republicans opposed Obama for being black, but since Trump is White and Rich, he's obviously the good guy and can be supported.

As much as the GOP refuses to admit it, racism and discrimination are the driving force in why people vote Republican. Has nothing to do with economics like they claim.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:35 AM

38,863 posts, read 22,936,557 times
Talking Here's the thing, Rufe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post

You and tRump's hardcore dead enders are welcome to ignore the polls.

Because it doesn't matter what your opinion of them is.

The ones who REALLY pay attention to those same polls include:

1) tRump (more than anyone else)
2) Every Pub in congress
3) All Pub governors
4) All GOP officials from the RNC down to your local precinct
5) All foreign leaders, especially in Russia, China, N Korea, ISIS, etc. They all know what his numbers mean.

It's clear that tRump is the weakest US prez since Herbert Hoover. And everyone on that list is acutely aware of it and will be watching those poll numbers closely because they're the indicator of how much power he wields.

Currently, it's not much. He isn't even in control of his own party. For that matter, he can't even take charge of his own White House staff.

You know, the ones he appointed himself. Supposedly.

Very amusing.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:45 AM

9,734 posts, read 8,952,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Jeez. How can Republicans live with themselves - or explain themselves to the public - with that level of hypocrisy?
Who do you trust to make the final shot of the game? I don't trust the ball boy. That's the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies