Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:59 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,004,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Sean Spicer reports to Pentagon for Navy Reserve duty | Fox News

Like he couldn't get a wavier?

More like 'What can we do to get rid of this guy for a while'.
He might shoot his own soldiers mistaking them for enemies, as he did with Hitler-Assad recently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 11:08 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,633,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
For all those acclaiming Commander Sean Spicer as a patriot and a warrior, in his late twenties he joined the Naval Reserve (1999) as a public affairs officer. In other words, in his gig in the Naval Reserve he deals with the media - sort of like the job he's currently got at the White House.

Dude's not a warrior, he's a desk jockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Oh I am sorry that my warrior and patriot comment offended you.

To me, anybody made the commitment to stay in the military are warriors. Something I personally cannot do, so I admire those who served 20 something years in the Navy, like Sean Spicer.

Like one poster said, you don't have to like him personally, but his military service is honorable.
bravo lily, bravo!!!

even though this man is a "desk jockey", he is still a warrior. he had to do active duty before he could join the reserves, and to do that he had to go through the SAME boot camp training that EVERY active duty navy personal went through.

and while the chances of him seeing combat, especially at his age, is remote, it is still possible.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 AM

8,357 posts, read 7,303,756 times
Just gonna say this in response to all the Sean Spicer - American Hero adherents.

He's a PR flak in a uniform.

The guys who get the supplies to the front line soldiers do more good than Spicer.

The guys who repair the jets, the helicopters, and the vehicles do more good than Spicer.

The guys who cook the meals do more good than Spicer.

That is all - feel free to flame away.

Old 04-17-2017, 12:02 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,339,058 times
Quote:
Just gonna say this in response to all the Sean Spicer - American Hero adherents.

The guys who get the supplies to the front line soldiers do more good than Spicer.

The guys who repair the jets, the helicopters, and the vehicles do more good than Spicer.

A warrior is not necessarily a hero. People (even some liberals in this thread) are simply saying his military service is honorable, and it is okay to dislike him, but leave his military service alone.

This said, my brother is a former combat Marine. He has told me I don't remember how many times, as a civilian, I have no right to judge a military service member, pogs or grunts, until I earn the title myself, I don't have that right to say who is more important. I also have no right to compare all these military branches. They are all important, they do different things.

Support Marines have also received their share of valor decorations over the course of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. just sayin'. How is it fair to say a Marine cook or a support Marine is less important than, force recons or 1st battalion 5th Marines.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 04-17-2017 at 12:16 PM..

Old 04-17-2017, 05:09 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,387,619 times
Quote:

I support every soldier and sailer out there regardless if they are active duty or reservist.

It's very sad to see that some will spit on them because of politics.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:20 PM

3,404 posts, read 4,436,457 times
As entertaining as Spicer has been, I will say that Trump needs a better liar in his place. Spicer spouts BS just to do his job. We need a guy who really loves to lie.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:19 PM

4,941 posts, read 2,189,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Sean Spicer reports to Pentagon for Navy Reserve duty | Fox News

Like he couldn't get a wavier?

More like 'What can we do to get rid of this guy for a while'.
This is what you chose to mock? Seems like an honorable thing to do. He is serving his country and deserves respect for it, if nothing else.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
...and if he did get a waiver, you'd be complaining about that also.
On point.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:25 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,387,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
...and if he did get a waiver, you'd be complaining about that also.
They sure would.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
He might shoot his own soldiers mistaking them for enemies, as he did with Hitler-Assad recently.
Hitler didn't use chemical weapons on the general public. He specifically gassed Jews. There is a distinction.

Hitler and progressives have two things in common, 1.) Their appreciation for Sharia law (specifically no tolerance of dissent) and 2.) anti-Semitism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies