Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2017, 11:50 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,644,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
I'm trying to understand this. It's a fast food joint that's known for it's chicken sandwiches and evidently has Conservative ownership. So why don't these students avoid patronizing the place if it bothers them?

Who knew a chicken sandwich could be so emotionally shattering?

Students fear new Chick-fil-A will create unsafe space on campus - Washington Times
Well, today's college kids are delicate snowflakes. They must be protected from any possible threat, even chicken sandwiches. Kinda like three-year-olds were a few decades ago.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 11:51 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,644,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Duquesne is a Catholic university, and the church teaches that all homosexual acts are “intrinsically evil.”
What if they do it while eating a chicken sandwich?

Old 04-15-2017, 12:01 PM

23,350 posts, read 17,033,588 times
Quote:
I'm trying to understand this. It's a fast food joint that's known for it's chicken sandwiches and evidently has Conservative ownership. So why don't these students avoid patronizing the place if it bothers them?

Students fear new Chick-fil-A will create unsafe space on campus - Washington Times
Are you kidding?

Chickfila kills chickens and eats them!!!!

Poor little chickies slaughtered and eaten, how barbaric!

Getting hungry need to make a chickfila run.....

By the standards set here for CFA, everyone in the world is guilty of violating some social justice rule du jour, whcih can never ever be understood, tolerated or forgiven. even just the rumor of a perceived injustice will cause wild hysteria.

Guess you could make a case that CFA hates LGBT? so much, they hire them to work at CFA serving the dead bodies of little chickens. Now that is retribution and spiteful hate on the part of CFA.

these CFA protestors, will at some point, delve into their memory banks and discover they themselves have committed an unforgivable crime against someone or something and will seek assisted suicide as their crime is incompatible with life.

Wonder if they will order CFA as a last meal?

Old 04-15-2017, 12:08 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,820,103 times
Quote:

Because Chik Fil A funds anti-LGBT initiatives. Instead of raising money for causes supporting equality and awareness, they somehow find more fulfillment in spinning their wheels boycotting said fast food joint. I don't get it either, but it is what it is. I guess.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
This is why I remain an indie. The left is stupid on this one.

And I wonder where all the left here is on this topic? 3 pages and not one defense of this from them?
I'm here. I'm so liberal my heart doesn't bleed, it hemorrhages.

Then again, I'm a gun loving, meat eating, hi-tech redneck country girl. And a Christian.

I love being enigmatic.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Today's snowflakes are scared of chicken sammiches? It's a killer-run away, run away!

Killer chicken!

Old 04-15-2017, 12:25 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,196,630 times
Those doggone Christians can be sneaky as Hell (sorry, feeble pun). Remember that whole military optical gunsight controversy some time ago?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trijic...es_controversy

Everyone was missing the big picture. If captured on the battlefield by an Islamist, he would simply burst into flames while trying to use it.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:27 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,416,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Well, today's college kids are delicate snowflakes. They must be protected from any possible threat, even chicken sandwiches. Kinda like three-year-olds were a few decades ago.
Nailed It.

They were raised in corporate child care facilities until school age, then coddled through a public school system that doesn't teach. Real world is a shock to these snowflakes.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,850,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
If they only new how many Christian businesses they really frequent everyday. They've already been blessed a million times over. lol

Stupid! And I'm not even religious.

"We haven't made anything out of nothing lately, I'm bored" says the student
It's a private Catholic university-- last I checked Catholics are Christians......

Old 04-15-2017, 12:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,850,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nailed It.

They were raised in corporate child care facilities until school age, then coddled through a public school system that doesn't teach. Real world is a shock to these snowflakes.
They are at a private Catholic university -- bet they went to Catholic school growing up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies