Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 05:48 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,092,467 times

Advertisements

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9047

Gre, I wonder why many people are starting to be disillusioned with liberals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 05:56 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
“I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented,” statement 6 begins
Music shop?

If you agree with this one not only do you have white privilege you're also somehow living in 1985.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:05 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linked Article

“I am not made acutely aware that my shape, bearing, or body odor will be taken as a reflection on my race,” one such statement reads...
Those so afflicted will want to improve their bearing and their personal hygiene so as to avoid stereotyping on any basis, including on the basis of race.

Quote:

...followed by, “I can worry about racism without being seen as self-interested or self-seeking”...
I am left to wonder how anyone worrying about racism can be doing so on some completely selfless basis, as in, "I'm not worried about the racism I myself may encounter...but I am worried about the racism the guy down the block may encounter." If one is to worry about racism (as big a waste of time as that is), then it actually is more rational for the worried individual to be concerned about racism he himself is going to encounter, not that which may happen to somebody else.

Quote:

...and “I can be late to a meeting without having the lateness reflect on my race.”
So expecting people (no matter what their race) to be on time for appointments is now racist? Really?

The person who came up with that one should just chuck the whole racism angle and work on their punctuality instead. Being on time would improve that person's life far more than sniveling about racism, white privilege or whatever the gripe-du-jour for today might be.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:11 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,705,084 times
“I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented,” statement 6 begins, adding that privilege also means finding “the food I grew up with” at the supermarket and encountering “someone who can deal with my hair” at a salon."

In the first place, there really aren't any music stores any more, this idiot needs to get that straight. As for finding food you grew up with? Go to the grocery store and cook your own like everyone else does. And for the third item on that list, there are plenty of hairstylists who work at salons of other races. Hairdressing jobs are not restricted to whites only.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:13 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,705,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Music shop?

If you agree with this one not only do you have white privilege you're also somehow living in 1985.
Ha ha! Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:17 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Frankly it's targeting another group of students based solely on their pigmentation.

Then goes on to aim a bunch of stereotypes at them.

WTF.

I guess the white students group needs to be as socially conscious and put up flyers asking blacks not to steal their bikes, laundry, cars or whatnot from around the campus.....you know....enlightening racist crap.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9047

Gre, I wonder why many people are starting to be disillusioned with liberals
Uh; maybe that "white privilege" checklist would be good for ALL people to follow, a LOT of it is "class" and having manners. MOST PWT people wouldn't pass that test, either.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,107,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Ha ha! Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.
Hey, wer're GenX. Give us our five minutes between the boomers and the millenials. Besides, who doesn't love Adam Ant?

You want white privilege? I've used it in my youth. It means not going to jail for being a drunk adolescent fool, when you know your black friends would have been in the squad car for the same behavior.

Old 04-16-2017, 05:33 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Music shop?

Close; a postmodern feminist wrote it 1987. Back then, believe it or not, even the speed of light was "privileged".

Old 04-16-2017, 06:09 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
“I can go into a music shop and count on finding the music of my race represented,” statement 6 begins, adding that privilege also means finding “the food I grew up with” at the supermarket and encountering “someone who can deal with my hair” at a salon."

In the first place, there really aren't any music stores any more, this idiot needs to get that straight. As for finding food you grew up with? Go to the grocery store and cook your own like everyone else does. And for the third item on that list, there are plenty of hairstylists who work at salons of other races. Hairdressing jobs are not restricted to whites only.
"In the first place, there really aren't any music stores any more"

Of course there are.

"this idiot" and you want to call someone ELSE the idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies