Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 05:04 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times

Advertisements

Did you really believe that a megalomaniac like Trump could keep from opening THAT toybox???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 05:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Did you really believe that a megalomaniac like Trump could keep from opening THAT toybox???
Nope. Plus, he's a stickler for flattery.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:58 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Big powerful government, that is the problem.

We need limits on the government so no one person can be doing such things.

You people just can't comprehend the real problem.

That and who allowed congress to grow to 535 members? The lazy-ass, Apathetic, dumbed-down, doped up American people, who were too uninvolved to march on Washington and DEMAND decent nominees for this past election, or who have been too uninvolved to DEMAND and CREATE a list of qualifications that a candidate must possess, before they can even run?

A government "by the people, for the people"...my butt! We have allowed corporate lobbyists to BUY our government for corporations, instead of outlawing lobbyists! Instead we allow Presidential candidates to blow smoke up our butts every single election about how they are going to bring campaign reform, which of course they have never done. We need to do away with the asinine two-party system, which is nothing but different wings on the same bird!

America needs an "American Spring" to totally change our corrupt system of government, but we have no one decent, intelligent enough, or moral enough to be our leader!

Whoever said that "people have the government they deserve" spoke true words!The sorry state of our nation is our own fault, because we ALLOWED it to degenerate to this state, by giving politicians too much power by allowing it to expand to an incomprehensible size and allowing the thieves to give themselves "PERKS" without so much as even DEMANDING our vote!

Now we have an insane NARCISSIST MADMAN playing King in our Whitehouse, showing the entire world what idiots the American people are, for choosing him!

That's why I don't do dope! At least I had the sense to know what a total lying ass Trump is, and that anyone who isn't a better businessman and with a far, far, far, better reputation, than this dirt-bag has,would be of any benefit whatsoever to our nation! Except for all his foreign agent personnel, he has not surprised me in the least.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:17 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
That and who allowed congress to grow to 535 members? The lazy-ass, Apathetic, dumbed-down, doped up American people, who were too uninvolved to march on Washington and DEMAND decent nominees for this past election, or who have been too uninvolved to DEMAND and CREATE a list of qualifications that a candidate must possess, before they can even run?

A government "by the people, for the people"...my butt! We have allowed corporate lobbyists to BUY our government for corporations, instead of outlawing lobbyists! Instead we allow Presidential candidates to blow smoke up our butts every single election about how they are going to bring campaign reform, which of course they have never done. We need to do away with the asinine two-party system, which is nothing but different wings on the same bird!

America needs an "American Spring" to totally change our corrupt system of government, but we have no one decent, intelligent enough, or moral enough to be our leader!

Whoever said that "people have the government they deserve" spoke true words!The sorry state of our nation is our own fault, because we ALLOWED it to degenerate to this state, by giving politicians too much power by allowing it to expand to an incomprehensible size and allowing the thieves to give themselves "PERKS" without so much as even DEMANDING our vote!

Now we have an insane NARCISSIST MADMAN playing King in our Whitehouse, showing the entire world what idiots the American people are, for choosing him!

That's why I don't do dope! At least I had the sense to know what a total lying ass Trump is, and that anyone who isn't a better businessman and with a far, far, far, better reputation, than this dirt-bag has,would be of any benefit whatsoever to our nation! Except for all his foreign agent personnel, he has not surprised me in the least.

Bernie Sanders is a man of integrity and not in anyone's pocket. Now is the time to join www.represent.us and Wolf PAC and fight to get big money out of politics. If we dont, who will?

Old 04-17-2017, 06:19 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post

Awesome post. Sad but true I am afraid. But look at it this way, did anyone really expect our little American experiment in representative democracy to last as long as it did? S**t happens. Americans have been so spoiled for so long that they really, truly believe that bad things can't ever happen here, to them.

That's going to change with the Trump administration. Some dark days are ahead for this country, and for the world.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Bernie Sanders is a man of integrity and not in anyone's pocket. Now is the time to join www.represent.us and Wolf PAC and fight to get big money out of politics. If we dont, who will?

You know, I would have agreed with you, and I was so hoping for Bernie......UNTIL HE SOLD US OUT AND WENT BELLY UP!

Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Awesome post. Sad but true I am afraid. But look at it this way, did anyone really expect our little American experiment in representative democracy to last as long as it did? S**t happens. Americans have been so spoiled for so long that they really, truly believe that bad things can't ever happen here, to them.

That's going to change with the Trump administration. Some dark days are ahead for this country, and for the world.

I totally agree. We have had it too easy. The warmongers knew what they were doing, making sure to send our kids overseas to fight in wars, instead of letting the wars reach our shores. Never having the wars "in our face" bred complacency. We didn't even suffer on the home front in WWII like Britain did.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:39 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
"As Trump plays the global strongman, what happened to 'America first'?"

Are they mutually exclusive?

Old 04-17-2017, 06:39 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post

Do you really believe 9/11 has been forgotten already?

Bad things can happen here. I just wish someone would hold the Pentagon to acting according to their name: Department of Defense, NOT nation building, NOT policing the world, NOT saber rattling, etc..

Being surrounded by two oceans and two friendly countries we have a leg-up on defending ourselves, it's time that becomes the focus of the government.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:46 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you really believe 9/11 has been forgotten already?

Bad things can happen here. I just wish someone would hold the Pentagon to acting according to their name: Department of Defense, NOT nation building, NOT policing the world, NOT saber rattling, etc..

Being surrounded by two oceans and two friendly countries we have a leg-up on defending ourselves, it's time that becomes the focus of the government.
Two oceans and friendly countries didn't help prevent 9/11, did it. Nor all the attacks on our interests around the world. Should we not have been there at all, you say?

Nor will two oceans and two friendly countries prevent a nuke from reaching us, when and if an enemy has one and wants to use it 'just to show its power'.

Face it. It's a small(er) world than it ever was, and what happens "over there" affects us here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies