Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 05:23 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

I always wondered if it's an act, I believe it is as no one could be that crazy to believe the things he states. I am amazed as to how popular he is with the right wing fringe with stuff like Jade Helm, gun control, Sandy Hook. I would expect no one in their right mind would believe that stuff but obviously there is a good segment on the fringe that believe in him whole heartedly, very profitable.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Its the Alex Jones mind set that is destroying the moral fabric of America as people actually follow and believe this disgusting individual.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:42 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
I'm interested in hearing from Alex Jones followers who took his word as gospel. Do they feel duped or deceived? How does his statement affect their opinions on the false flag stories Jones has put out over the years?

Old 04-18-2017, 05:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Yup like Beck, Lumbaugh, etc.....

They just incite their audience -- often say ridiculous things, purposely take stories and sound bites out of context....they are clever...
and it works -- because Joe SCHMOE in nowhere USA doesn't bother to fact check or to look into their ridiculous stories.

I know -- I have a sweet friend who bows at the altar of Lumbaugh, I'm constnatly having to tell her that the 'story' or sound bite she heard that day is not accurate....it was manipulated for entertainment purposes. She continues to follow and THINK it is real.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup like Beck, Lumbaugh, etc.....

They just incite their audience -- often say ridiculous things, purposely take stories and sound bites out of context....they are clever...
and it works -- because Joe SCHMOE in nowhere USA doesn't bother to fact check or to look into their ridiculous stories.

I know -- I have a sweet friend who bows at the altar of Lumbaugh, I'm constnatly having to tell her that the 'story' or sound bite she heard that day is not accurate....it was manipulated for entertainment purposes. She continues to follow and THINK it is real.
It never ceases to amaze me how many people believe this stuff, who knew how many crazy people there were before the internet and web TV. Now every nut has a podium and they have a pretty decent following.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:32 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm interested in hearing from Alex Jones followers who took his word as gospel. Do they feel duped or deceived? How does his statement affect their opinions on the false flag stories Jones has put out over the years?
Which ones?

Old 04-18-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Which ones?
There were some posters on here that believed that Jade Helm wasn't just a military exercise, it was a ploy by Obama to put people in Walmart prisons in Texas and steal their guns. You can include the Governor of Texas in that group.

Jade Helm 15 - Walmart prison camps, etc

Old 04-18-2017, 06:45 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were some posters on here that believed that Jade Helm wasn't just a military exercise, it was a ploy by Obama to put people in Walmart prisons in Texas and steal their guns. You can include the Governor of Texas in that group.
I don't listen to him because of his delivery. Watched some short vids though.

Wasn't that about questioning why the military was exercising in that environment and about the use of martial law? Not about how government force was going to be used right then and there. Worrying about the use of force during periods of peaceful protest. Kent State for instance. Or the Civil Rights marches.

That said I didn't listen to his words but I do understand that too many people twist things and run with it. lol Like what Alex Jones does at times. Not saying you are doing it.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:46 AM

928 posts, read 1,101,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how many people believe this stuff, who knew how many crazy people there were before the internet and web TV. Now every nut has a podium and they have a pretty decent following.
Here is an interesting perspective. A study was done in my home country of Bulgaria tracking pro Russian propaganda and fake news over 4 years and encompassing over 3000 articles in blogs, news sites, etc. one interesting finding was that fake news and conspiracy theories don't necessarily seek to change the minds of folks like us, who are educated, likely liberal, but also reasonable republicans such as myself. All they do is put the crazy conspiracy stuff out on the open and thus they validate the thoughts and beliefs that nut jobs have had all along.

This leads to people who were once on the fringes and who kept their wacko beliefs to themselves to all of a sudden gain validation and legitimacy in their own eyes. Sort of a "see, I was right all along, I wasn't crazy to believe 9/11/Sandy Hook/The Holocaust is a hoax." Now they can be vocal and their fake news, conspiracy theories and outright propaganda spills into the mainstream.

Just something to think about.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:51 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Which ones?
https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/0...nfowars/215218

Take your pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies