Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 07:30 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
If you're asking seriously, I'll answer seriously. The reason I have always been opposed to illegal immigration is, for one thing, it's ILLEGAL.

First time I ever got really mad about it was a few decades ago when a teacher friend said she was teaching ESL. Turns out she was NOT teaching them English. She was getting paid to teach them Spanish!

We're wasting tax payers' money on educating kids whose parents don't pay into the system. We are probably paying health care for some of them. We are losing jobs to them. Out in the SW, they have already taken the jobs but around here it's just starting. The landscaping jobs, roofing jobs, house cleaning jobs. An honest person can barely make a living anymore doing these things.

By getting paid illegally under the table, they get paid less than an American and they don't pay taxes either!

I am 100% against illegals. Everyone I have talked to is 100% against illegals. I don't even know any conservatives but all liberals around here come right out and tell you that the first thing that needs to be done is to get rid of illegals.

Maybe on the west coast, the people have lain down and are taking it but in this part of the country we haven't reached that point yet. How are we supposed to get rid of them? Trump doesn't seem to be doing very much about it either! Why don't you tell him?

I am FOR Legals. People who wait in line, are vetted, get medical checks, and come here lawfully. They also pay our government a lot of money in fees so they have already contributed to the country.
I asked a question you didn't address. When will you demand the government actually enforce our laws here?

Old 04-16-2017, 07:34 PM

60 posts, read 41,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
because they know. Each and every single one of them know, that you care not of legality one wite.

They believe your concern is centered on the very fact that they are immigrants. And they are likley correct 99 times out of one hundred. (let us assume you are the one in one hundred)

If you are not willing to sponsor illegal immigrants picking them and keeping them in your house, you should not have them in your country. You should have the same standards and respect for your country that you do for your home.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:27 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I asked a question you didn't address. When will you demand the government actually enforce our laws here?
When will YOU demand it? I think most of us know by now that it doesn't matter who we vote for.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
because they know. Each and every single one of them know, that you care not of legality one wite.

They believe your concern is centered on the very fact that they are immigrants. And they are likley correct 99 times out of one hundred. (let us assume you are the one in one hundred)
Evil assumes evil.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscusharry View Post
they always say is 'Why do you hate immigrants'? They always seem to leave out the word 'illegal" in the discussion. Why is that?
... simply because they've been conditioned to believe that that's what smart/cool/good people do. Only bad people and losers care much about immigration law and order

Old 04-16-2017, 10:57 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
When there is a much quicker path to citizenship. Until that happens, I don't blame people for coming over illegally.

In San Diego in 2016, there were 49 murders. In Tijuana, just 20 miles away, there were 871 murders.

17.78 times more murders in our sister city.

For all of you celebrating Easter today, thinking about the life and teachings of Jesus, I fail to see how you could look the other way at that carnage and not understand why people cross the border. So until there is a quicker path to citizenship, I'm all for sanctuary cities, including my own of San Diego.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
When there is a much quicker path to citizenship. Until that happens, I don't blame people for coming over illegally.

In San Diego in 2016, there were 49 murders. In Tijuana, just 20 miles away, there were 871 murders.

17.78 times more murders in our sister city.

For all of you celebrating Easter today, thinking about the life and teachings of Jesus, I fail to see how you could look the other way at that carnage and not understand why people cross the border. So until there is a quicker path to citizenship, I'm all for sanctuary cities, including my own of San Diego.
Why would you want it to be easier for citizens of the murderous city to your south to be citizens of your own city? Are you looking to fight murder inequality or something?

Old 04-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Why would you want it to be easier for citizens of the murderous city to your south to be citizens of your own city? Are you looking to fight murder inequality or something?
this is why people ask you "why do you hate them"

200,000 Mexicans LEGALLY immigrated to the U.S. in the last 2 years.

the only difference between a legal and illegal immigrant is paperwork.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:18 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Because the vast vast majority of Mexicans are not murderers. That fact can easily be seen by the fact that a city 20 minutes from the border has had the fewest murders per 100,000 people of any of the ten most populous cities in the United States for the past six years running.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
When will YOU demand it? I think most of us know by now that it doesn't matter who we vote for.
I do. It does matter. The problem is people only see two parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies