Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 03:59 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,588,189 times

Advertisements

is this not racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 04:03 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,870,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
is this not racist?
I dunno. White guy said it about white people. Is it?

Old 04-17-2017, 04:46 PM

21,426 posts, read 10,507,691 times
Patinkin said:

Quote:
“We have tried to be part of the cure, not part of the problem,” Patinkin said. “A different story line where we’re helping these people and a story line that shows in this case, in this year, in this season and — that maybe it’s the — and it is white men in the government and the military establishment that are the bad guys, not the Muslim community.”

Responding to host Chuck Todd’s question about the fact that some Americans are afraid of Muslim refugees committing terrorism, Patinkin lionized the Muslim community and essentially called the fears “false information.”

“Yes. Well, this is where Homeland and the real world are one for me because I started to say earlier it’s false information. It’s not the truth in terms of how you get elected and the tools you use. It’s the oldest trick in the book. I find someone to vilify. In movies, it was cowboys and Indians and the Nazis, Communists, you know … Now, they’ve chosen the Muslim community — a community who’s made contributions to the world of a monumental nature.”
So the guys who throw acid in girls' faces for going to school, or throw gay people off buildings (while diddling little boys themselves), or stone women to death for getting raped, or cut off all or some of the external female genitalia of little girls so they will grow up to hate sex so much they would never dream of doing it with another man (though they can never refuse sex with their husbands), those guys are better than a U.S. soldier!?!

I wish he would have listed the monumental contributions of Saudi Arabia, or Afghanistan, or Pakistan, or Iran, or Iraq, or Syria that occurred within the last two hundred years. I'm very curious.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:32 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
this is how most liberals believe. Fact
They sure do. Every day I interact with a whole bunch of NY liberals who miss their Obammy fix.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:21 AM

82 posts, read 65,055 times
I know this is not a gonna be well received but everytime there is a "white" person saying this kind of thing it´s almost always a (((liberal))). This simply happens too often and as a non-american i´d like to understand why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandy_Patinkin
Patinkin grew up in an upper-middle-class family, descended from Jewish immigrants (from Russia and Poland), and was raised in Conservative Judaism,[2][7][8] attending religious school daily "from the age of seven to 13 or 14" and singing in synagogue choirs, as well as attending the Camp Surah in Michigan.[2]

This kind of trojan horse behaviour (conservative pretending to be liberal, anti-white pretending to be white to legitimize his argument/criticism) is actually well identified by now and getting more noticiable. What he said is hugely hypocritical. I´m sure he feels much more comfortable living with white men as neighbours than muslims.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:38 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,089,904 times
Overall, I'm not a big fan of celebrities chiming in with political opinions. Just act, sing, or play your sport.....and shut up.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:39 AM

833 posts, read 518,219 times
No doubt he's still wondering why his side lost the election. The Democratic Party is in complete shambles, and they don't know why.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:47 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
I think his words have been taken out of context.

This said, race is always a sensitive subject in our multi-cultural society.

I've heard the Chinese criticizing their government, they just say, "The ruling class, or the communist party."

Race has been used to shift attention (and responsibility) away from the real problems.

Muslims have been killing each other in the past several hundred years and it is not UP to US to fix their problems. Now, the whole Muslims world hates us. So not worth it. People never understand the human nature. Chairman Mao has killed so many their own Chinese people, it sucks, but the Chinese dealt with it, the rape of Nanjing is something the Chinese will never forget. Why? because the enemies are JAPANESE!

Stop butt into their business, mind our own businesses.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:38 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,614,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think his words have been taken out of context.
It has. I happened to be flipping channels and saw Mandy Patinkin on TV. Since I love Homeland, I stopped to watch it. The interview was totally about the show, how Homeland determines its storyline, and also how being involved with the show got Mandy involved with refugee relief.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,101,253 times
According to liberals, being white is bad. Being muslim, brown, black, gay, an illegal immigrant, or transgender is great. Any combination of these is a real winner!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies