Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 01:55 PM

833 posts, read 520,728 times

Advertisements

I fail to see the issue. Two countries with a mutual need to understand and interact with each other. Currying favor with one another is nothing new in the history of civilization. China knows that the avenue to Trump is through his family and through business. Trademarks are one way to get their attention. No issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 01:59 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
I fail to see the issue. Two countries with a mutual need to understand and interact with each other. Currying favor with one another is nothing new in the history of civilization. China knows that the avenue to Trump is through his family and through business. Trademarks are one way to get their attention. No issue.

EXCEPT..... when it's a Democrat who is POTUS!

Old 04-18-2017, 02:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
Trump should close that avenue. It compromises his ability to act as a President.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:28 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
And the Clintons don't "use" their political power? Really?
For Hillary Rodham Clinton, Politics Is a Money-Making 'Family Business' | Fortune.com

Old 04-18-2017, 02:31 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Exactly. Imagine the outcry if Hillary had been elected and this happened.
You beat me to it.

Conservatives would be screaming from the rooftops.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:32 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
I do not understand why billionaires still have a passion on making money. It may be an addiction or mental disorder.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:02 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It isn't what you know. It is who you know.
Hang around with trash, you will be trash.

That is exactly how people feel after working with the Trumps.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:29 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
This is crazy. Doesn't this man have enough money. Why would a billionaire go to the great lengths of running for president and winning just to enrich himself, what a sicko. There should be some kind of investigation. There had to be a easier way to get trademarks approved. I think I just might protest and might even throw things I'm so mad.(being sarcastic , If you couldn't tell) You people sound like 9-11 deniers, claiming Bush is a Idiot yet he was behind the attacks.
Trump isn't actually a billionaire. This is probably one of the biggest reasons why he won't release his taxes.
So using the presidency to enrich himself has a lot of potential for him.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:40 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
And the Clintons don't "use" their political power? Really?
For Hillary Rodham Clinton, Politics Is a Money-Making 'Family Business' | Fortune.com

Typical ,trumpette deflection. Hillary isn't president,move on.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:30 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,009 times
I don't recall voting for Ivanka Trump. The fact that Trump's daughter is apparently his proxy and is sitting in on meetings with heads of state, not to mention profiting from doing so, is not only profoundly unethical: it is absurd. The whole family is a corrupt, dysfunctional nightmare. Not one of them has any education or experience in governing, economics, or diplomacy. It's like a cartel family has taken over the White House. If this were a Democratic administration, the Republicans would be going ballistic, and they would be right to do so. The fact that they are utterly unconcerned with the danger that this administration poses reflects an equally dangerous cult-like mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies