Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 10:37 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimChi2PG View Post
While there are laws written specifically for that purpose, we also know that there are ways around just about anything. Not to mention the people for whom laws mean nothing.
I'm not talking about ways around the law, I'm saying that congress has exempted the president from conflicts of interest.

Most people don't know that, by law, the president (and vice president) are exempt from any conflicts of interest.

Everytime I see one of the Trump haters carrying on about Trump having conflicts of interest, I just cringe, because these people don't know what they are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 11:34 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
E Warrens theme song- "I am liberal, hear me whine"!

Old 04-25-2017, 12:11 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Ah, so you agree with the point, you just don't like her words and call it fear mongering. You must really hate Trump then.
Trump was not my first choice, but when it came down to him or the Hildabeast........the choice was clear.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:12 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
E Warrens theme song- "I am liberal, hear me whine"!
The funny thing about her...sort of a disconnect I have...is that, while I don't agree with anything that she says, she looks like the favorite kindergarten or piano teacher, you had when you were a kid. I really think that is why she's so popular with the Libs.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:16 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,244 times
Quote:
Yes, because her ethnicity is just as important as Trump using our military to further his foreign business interests.
Warren used fake ancestry to get into and to teach at Harvard.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:11 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Yes, because her ethnicity is just as important as Trump using our military to further his foreign business interests.
Yes, I heard Trump wants to nuke NK because he wants to build a golf course there. LoL

You can't make this stuff up, you dems never fail to deliver the most ridiculous claims.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:00 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm not talking about ways around the law, I'm saying that congress has exempted the president from conflicts of interest.

Most people don't know that, by law, the president (and vice president) are exempt from any conflicts of interest.

Everytime I see one of the Trump haters carrying on about Trump having conflicts of interest, I just cringe, because these people don't know what they are talking about.
Mr. Trump is no Mr. Rockefeller:

Quote:
...“The business empire built by President-Elect Trump over the years is massive, not dissimilar to the fortunes of Nelson Rockefeller when he became vice president,” said Sherri Dillon, a lawyer with the firm Morgan Lewis.

“At that time, no one was so concerned,” Dillon added.

That’s simply not true, though. An examination of the historical record reveals that policymakers in 1974 were very concerned about the possibility that Rockefeller’s vast holdings could present a conflict of interest – similar to the concern many are now voicing about Mr. Trump.

The way Rockefeller responded to the concerns, however, sets him apart from the current president-elect.

...“The conflict of interest statutes do not apply to the president or vice president,” he explained, “This is one of the big decisions that we’re going to have to air to the American public and let them decide whether a full disclosure is adequate to cover this problem.”

The chairman described the extensive investigative process lawmakers on his committee and others were spearheading to evaluate Rockefeller’s nomination. “I have personally reviewed over 2,000 pages of FBI reports,” he said. “They have had over 300 agents working on this and 37 field offices. We have had investigating staff of our own working. We have worked through the Comptroller General’s office to assist us. We have brought into play the Joint Committee on Internal Revenue and Taxation and their staff. We’ve had the Library of Congress do a great deal of work. We have reviewed Mr. Rockefeller’s activities during the 15 years that he served as governor of New York.” ...
Conflicts of interest: Donald Trump 2017 vs. Nelson Rockefeller 1974

Conflicts of interest: Donald Trump 2017 vs. Nelson Rockefeller 1974 - CBS News

"That “full disclosure” occurred as promised, when Rockefeller released a dozen years of tax returns during his confirmation process. The returns ultimately provided enough transparency about Rockefeller’s assets that lawmakers decided not to require the nominee to place his holdings in a blind trust.

Mr. Trump, by contrast, has refused to release any tax returns, claiming he has been advised not to do so because he is under audit."

Old 04-25-2017, 08:13 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, I heard Trump wants to nuke NK because he wants to build a golf course there. LoL

You can't make this stuff up, you dems never fail to deliver the most ridiculous claims.
Only a chump would believe that Trump would put the interest of the American people above his business interests. There is absolutely nothing in his past to suggest otherwise. Trump first, everyone else second.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:17 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Americans should keep demanding to see Elizabeth Warren's.........oh wait a minute hell no, no we shouldn't.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:28 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Americans should keep demanding to see Elizabeth Warren's.........oh wait a minute hell no, no we shouldn't.
She provided her tax returns, no need for a request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies