Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 06:32 AM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I don't need Pres Trump's tax returns to know what tax advantages there are for real estate investors. I only have to read the current law. And, then, in my case pay someone to explain it to me!

There are parts of US tax law that I do not like. I express my opinion about those. I complain to my representatives about them. I can join groups of like-minded people and try to explain to others why we oppose "a" or "b."
The point is that he is about to propose legislation that is a complete overhaul of the tax code that may personally benefit his companies, it's important to know how he would directly benefit.
This isn't just a mere discussion on changing the tax brackets and capital gains as was the case under Bush and Obama, this is quite different.

The other part of this is that he told an outright lie that he was being audited, no one actually believes that anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 06:35 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Who cares about seeing his tax returns? What are we going to learn from them? That he made more or less than he claimed. He donated more or less to charity than he claimed. He had "earnings" from Russia.

So we find out all this and then what. The Left would still want to impeach him.

If seeing a candidates tax returns are so important why doesn't Congress pass a law to require it?

Can we get Bernie to stand up like he did for Hillary and say "Enough with his damn tax returns"

Old 04-19-2017, 06:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
And Trump should tell anyone asking him to see his taxes to go screw themselves. There is no legal or moral obligation for him to share his taxes.

Move on.
Moral?

He CHOSE to promise to release his returns numerous times.

He is in full control of honoring this promise, or not.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:40 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Moral?

He CHOSE to promise to release his returns numerous times.

He is in full control of honoring this promise, or not.
He lied.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:41 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i agree, i guess, but at this point what are his tax returns going to tell us that most people don't already know? he is human garbage.
I guess you're right. Folks don't seem to mind that a President has broken his oath as President from day 1 & continues to do so. Go figure? Seems bizarre to me. At the least, his 2017 tax returns will confirm what has been recently disclosed here:

Quote:
Newly released records show the trust agreement that Donald Trump used to put his adult sons in charge of his company allows him to draw money from it upon his request, illustrating the thin divide between the president and his private fortune.

The filing, first reported by ProPublica and found on Page 161 of 166 of a bundle of documents released last week by the General Services Administration, says the trust that owns hundreds of Trump businesses "shall distribute net income or principal to Donald J. Trump at his request," or whenever his son and a longtime employee "deem appropriate." ...
Trump trust allows president to easily withdraw money - Chicago Tribune

Old 04-19-2017, 06:41 AM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Who cares about seeing his tax returns? What are we going to learn from them? That he made more or less than he claimed. He donated more or less to charity than he claimed. He had "earnings" from Russia.

So we find out all this and then what. The Left would still want to impeach him.

If seeing a candidates tax returns are so important why doesn't Congress pass a law to require it?

Can we get Bernie to stand up like he did for Hillary and say "Enough with his damn tax returns"
That is not what Sanders stated, Clinton released 10 years of returns. Sanders complained regarding the emails and server, imagine if Trump received the same scrutiny as Clinton.

The most used phrase regarding Trump is "it's legal", we know, we know. Rather low standards though when it comes to ethics, conflict of interest and tax returns. I recall Trump making a large deal out of Romney's tax returns, I didn't hear him discuss the legalities. Very hypocritical.

Trump Tweet
"Mitt Romney didn't show his tax return until SEPTEMBER 21, 2012, and then only after being humiliated by Harry R! A bad messenger for estab!"

Old 04-19-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

False equivalency.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is not what Sanders stated, Clinton released 10 years of returns. Sanders complained regarding the emails and server, imagine if Trump received the same scrutiny as Clinton.

The most used phrase regarding Trump is "it's legal", we know, we know. Rather low standards though when it comes to ethics, conflict of interest and tax returns. I recall Trump making a large deal out of Romney's tax returns, I didn't hear him discuss the legalities. Very hypocritical.

Trump Tweet
"Mitt Romney didn't show his tax return until SEPTEMBER 21, 2012, and then only after being humiliated by Harry R! A bad messenger for estab!"
Apparently, it's like doing the 'limbo' ~ how low can one go? I guess we'll be seeing that soon enough. The suspense is killing.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:53 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I do not see how it is anyone's business. It is his returns, and it is an issue between him and the gov.

He entered office with unprecedented conflicts of interest and a whole lot of coincidences.

He promised and continuously reassured the public he would release.

Once inaugurated, he sent Kellyanne out the door to communicate he will not release. She tried to put a spin on it- "it was litigated during the campaign and no one cares".

2/3 of voters did not vote for him. Many, like me, who did vote for him expect him to deliver.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:54 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
LIEawatha Warren can go pound sand with her constant liberal whining. I am so sick of these liberal hags (Warren, Pelosi, Waters, Boxer, Feinstein et al) with their stupid "Demands"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies