Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 01:19 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yes.

Positive.
not you are not, unless you are Putin you dont have a damn clue and are just acting the big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 01:22 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
I doubt it. If they've developed a version of a directed muon beam everyone would be freaking out. It's about the only thing I can imagine with the range, effects, and accuracy described. There's some rumors we have one, but id take that with a grain of salt.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:22 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,914,383 times
all i have to say is >prove it or its consider fake news.. They can claim it worked on one of our ships, but i have doubts.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:25 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Whether there's any truth to it or not, I would prefer we never get to that level of conflict....

Old 04-19-2017, 01:26 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
How have the last eight years stripped our military? Please provide proof.
I think what they are trying to say is that we killed OBL, we protected the US from any major attacks, and we increased our standing and level of respect on the world stage over the last eight years. In doing so, it's really hard now for the military to justify spending so much more for a risk that we have now demonstrated that a competent Commander in Chief can manage.

In that sense, I agree.

Sadly, the military machine just elected someone (Trump) who will make it necessary to invest in defense again. The games continue....

Old 04-19-2017, 01:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is this true, or do you think they are just bluffing? Apparently they already used this technology on one of our destroyers in the Black Sea and totally disabled it, leaving it helpless in the sea. If this article is true, we are toast.
For two days their bombers have been flying over Alaska.

What's going on?

Russia claims it can wipe out US Navy with single 'electronic bomb' | Fox News
Russia has good ewar capability and certainly could cause problems but to shut down an entire navy is I possible. it's just hype put out by western media to get attention.

In theory a large nuclear device detonated over the Continental US in low Earth orbit would destroy all kinds of electronics because of emp effects but that's a whole different ball game. I think Russia had been working on directed emp weapons though. We'll see I'm sure.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:36 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
must have heard Trump say it... meanwhile budget continues to rise and day by day we implode under the burden of spending more on war than education...
The federal government's primary purpose is to provide a common defense. It has no authorization to be involved with education, and if you look at the data from the time the Dept of Education was created under Carter until now, it suggests that the more involved the federal government has gotten, the worse our education system has become. The answer is NOT throwing more money at it - that's exactly what the problem is with it. The more $ available, the more the schools do ONLY what it takes to get the largest slice possible of that pie. Education is secondary to funding, and that attitude has killed our schools. The Dept of Education should be phased out, as should federally backed student loans. If those two things happened, I believe that our educational systems would become much more effective. /rant

Old 04-19-2017, 01:41 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Advanced microchip manufacturing is so difficult and expensive,here are only four companies:

Intel – Santa Clara California
Samsung – South Korea
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) – Taiwan, Republic of China
GlobalFoundries – Santa Clara California

You do not see Russia, Mainland China or anyone else in the mix.

Basically, the USA or countries extremely friendly to the USA make them....period.

So .... guess what ... ANY electronics used in the world, military or otherwise, has a high probability of passing through a 'Americanized' hands.

I'll let your scientific mind ponder on that when some foreign country try's to assault the US when the US probably helped make the brains of what ever is assaulting.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:43 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Maybe that's what we used on the North Korean missile the other day??

Is ours as advanced as Russia's -- the last eight years have really stripped our military.

Do tell.

Old 04-19-2017, 02:15 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Advanced microchip manufacturing is so difficult and expensive,here are only four companies:

Intel – Santa Clara California
Samsung – South Korea
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) – Taiwan, Republic of China
GlobalFoundries – Santa Clara California

You do not see Russia, Mainland China or anyone else in the mix.

Basically, the USA or countries extremely friendly to the USA make them....period.

So .... guess what ... ANY electronics used in the world, military or otherwise, has a high probability of passing through a 'Americanized' hands.

I'll let your scientific mind ponder on that when some foreign country try's to assault the US when the US probably helped make the brains of what ever is assaulting.
All anyone has to do is watch the documentary Zero Day to be enlightened. I'll leave it at that for now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies