Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 12:02 AM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Boulder County detectives find marijuana plants at scene of triple homicide - Boulder Daily Camera

This just the latest in the many robberies, burglaries and drug-related homicides in Colorado.

Amazing, the massive surge in homicides and robberies since the pot shops started infesting the city of Denver.

In 2010, Denver had 33 homicides

In 2016, Denver had 58 homicides

In 2010, Denver had 1,002 robberies

In 2015, Denver had 1,239 robberies

https://www.denvergov.org/content/da...enses_2010.pdf

https://www.denvergov.org/content/da...enses_2016.pdf

I am all for very controlled medicinal marijuana but it is completely out of control in Colorado.

There are some states that have it legalized at the state level for limited medical conditions which I don't see an issue with.

In Colorado though it is basically a mecca for it. Travelers can't stay in some hotels, the light-rail ridership seems to be weak because of the contact high many people don't want and overall it has caused Colorado to have massive rates of far more serious drug use then other states.

Some of the light rails, hotels and motels reek of marijuana. I have been in Southern California, Arizona, Nevada and Colorado recently.

Only Las Vegas can compare to Denver when it comes to smelling it in public.

Colorado Springs and Denver also have a massive heroin epidemic due to the states ultra-liberal turn the other way policies towards illicit drugs

Facing surge in opioid abuse and overdose deaths, Colorado distributes 2,500 doses of Narcan – The Denver Post
Actually, it is very controlled in Colorado. I have family members who live there. I know you want to make it a problem but it's just not....sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 01:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Whats out of control is that people like Sessions are the root cause of this. This is what happens when you force a business to operate all cash. Trying to tie it to marijuana is nonsense. You should be ashamed.
Some counties don't allow marijuana users to have a gun permit. That doesn't help. Of course I have never understood the need for a permit when one has a right to self defense.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:57 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Boulder County detectives find marijuana plants at scene of triple homicide - Boulder Daily Camera

This just the latest in the many robberies, burglaries and drug-related homicides in Colorado.

Amazing, the massive surge in homicides and robberies since the pot shops started infesting the city of Denver.

In 2010, Denver had 33 homicides

In 2016, Denver had 58 homicides

In 2010, Denver had 1,002 robberies

In 2015, Denver had 1,239 robberies

https://www.denvergov.org/content/da...enses_2010.pdf

https://www.denvergov.org/content/da...enses_2016.pdf

I am all for very controlled medicinal marijuana but it is completely out of control in Colorado.

There are some states that have it legalized at the state level for limited medical conditions which I don't see an issue with.

In Colorado though it is basically a mecca for it. Travelers can't stay in some hotels, the light-rail ridership seems to be weak because of the contact high many people don't want and overall it has caused Colorado to have massive rates of far more serious drug use then other states.

Some of the light rails, hotels and motels reek of marijuana. I have been in Southern California, Arizona, Nevada and Colorado recently.

Only Las Vegas can compare to Denver when it comes to smelling it in public.

Colorado Springs and Denver also have a massive heroin epidemic due to the states ultra-liberal turn the other way policies towards illicit drugs

Facing surge in opioid abuse and overdose deaths, Colorado distributes 2,500 doses of Narcan – The Denver Post

No matter how "legal" marijuana may become, there will always be large-scale crime associated with it. There will be criminals who will exploit the legality of customers possessing small amounts of it and will grow or sell it illegally, at a lower price, than in the authorized shops. Some of those shops will go crooked and buy part of their supply from cheaper bootleg sources. It will become a big nightmare for law enforcement, as keeping track of what's legal and what isn't, will be impossible.

Never mind how unhealthy smoking it is and how many traffic accidents will be caused by drivers who are high on it. Productivity and safety on the job will suffer. Look for many more acts of violence, stemming from turf-wars among the bootleggers. The criminal culture that has built up around it, can't be made to simply go away, by legalization. The drug cartels across borders will be working overtime, to ensure that there will always be as much crime as possible involved with it. These states that have allowed legalization (including my own), have just opened some big cans of worms.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:58 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
No matter how "legal" marijuana may become, there will always be large-scale crime associated with it. There will be criminals who will exploit the legality of customers possessing small amounts of it and will grow or sell it illegally, at a lower price, than in the authorized shops. Some of those shops will go crooked and buy part of their supply from cheaper bootleg sources. It will become a big nightmare for law enforcement, as keeping track of what's legal and what isn't, will be impossible.

Never mind how unhealthy smoking it is and how many traffic accidents will be caused by drivers who are high on it. Productivity and safety on the job will suffer. Look for many more acts of violence, stemming from turf-wars among the bootleggers. The criminal culture that has built up around it, can't be made to simply go away, by legalization. The drug cartels across borders will be working overtime, to ensure that there will always be as much crime as possible involved with it. These states that have allowed legalization (including my own), have just opened some big cans of worms.
And your proof of this is:,,Oh that's right, you don't need proof as long as you have your biased opinion.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:13 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And your proof of this is:,,Oh that's right, you don't need proof as long as you have your biased opinion.

I mean it's not like we have any evidence to contradict him. No illegal substance that was heavily involved in crime. That was then made legal.

Well...except we do. Alcohol. Lol. These folks are really reaching huh?

Old 04-21-2017, 06:33 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No, it's not backed up by anything, literally. Mine is backed by simple logic. An illegal hallucinogen was found in the blood of two people who ate other people's faces off. But you would have us believe that it's all a coincidence and the real culprit is some other invisible substance.
im 100% sure a toxicologist knows more than you, so your logic is based on a lack of knowledge

Old 04-21-2017, 06:35 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Stoners just want to get stoned.

Those fools have no redeeming qualities. The dregs of society that need an artificial substance to "escape". Escape from what?
If you ever drink alcohol you are a hypocrite.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:56 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post

Steve, marijuana has been a multi-billion dollar industry for almost 5 decades. Marijuana has been in widespread use that entire time, with millions of us using it daily for that entire time. About 25 million people per month use cannabis in some form.

If your concerns were going to happen, they would have happened long ago.

Legalization isn't bringing in as many new users as you might think. But what it is doing is taking the millions of current users and removing them from harm's way. It is called harm reduction, and it works. No longer are they under the threat of losing their lives, livelihoods, children, houses, or cars.

It will also help keep it out of our schools. Prohibition means that not only is it more available to kids (dealers on street corners don't ask for ID's) but also it glamorizes it. You can buy pot in any school in America as I type this, yet legal alcohol isn't in our schools. It is harder for kids to get and since its legal it holds no glamour.

Basically, your entire post is full of crap. It has been legal here in Colorado for almost 5 years, and we are doing just fine. Actually, better than fine.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:09 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
im 100% sure a toxicologist knows more than you, so your logic is based on a lack of knowledge
I'm not. Who knows what this person's motives are. Plenty of people with degrees lie all the time and others are just plain wrong.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:12 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Oh look - the OP is from Arizona, attempting to speak on what things are like in Colorado. I actually live in Colorado. I work in the middle of downtown. I have a much better idea of what's going on here than you do.

So let's discuss some facts:

- Denver's economy is BOOMING. There are cranes everywhere, rent is at an all-time high. Infrastructure and housing can't keep up with the growth of the Denver metro area

- Denver's housing market is breaking it's own record every month. Denver home value has never been higher in the history of the city

- 17,000 FULL-TIME jobs have been created by the legal marijuana industry since 2014

- $380,000,000 in tax revenue was generated by the State of Colorado from legal pot tax

- Of that nearly 400 million in taxes, 45 MILLION DOLLARS went directly to Colorado Public Schools last year.

- Denver tourism IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH (get it? high? LOL)

DO NOT LET THE OP MISLEAD YOU WITH CRIME STATISTICS. First of all, 58 homicides in one year isn't that bad for a big city. hell, Chicago probably had 58 murders in a month.

The OP compares the homicide rates from 2010 to 2016. But legal pot began in 2014. The reason murders have gone up some in Denver since 2010 is because, as the money and middle-class are moving into the city, the poor people are being pushed out of certain areas. More and more poor people are being pushed out of neighborhoods that are being gentrified and being forced to move to East Denver/Aurora. Thus, more and more gangs and gang members are living in closer proximity than they used to, thus more murders. The local news did a story a few months ago about the gang violence rising on the east side of the city due to poor blacks and hispanic gangs being forced to live in close proximity due to the changing demographics of Denver. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MARIJUANA.

lovecrowds (OP), you got any more false propaganda about the negative impact of legal marijuana that I can shoot holes through???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies