Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 10:49 AM

16,040 posts, read 10,591,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands!'

-Charlton Heston

Heston was already brain dead when he said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 10:50 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,111,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Wrapping your fantasies around reality, seems to be working for ya!
And you call me the idiot here....
I have never referred to you as an idiot.

That would be a violation of the TOS.

You just indirectly implied that I'm an idiot.

Which is rather hilarious as I was attempting to describe to you what I think YOU see when you walk around wherever it is you live, because the stuff you are describing in your post here is something I simply have never seen.

Some people carry guns. I used to carry one myself. I'm not at all anti-gun.

Meh.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
We should take the guns that Democrats obediently forfeit at the direction of their Democratic masters and give them to Republicans.

Is that clearer?
You really think that Democrats/Liberals who own guns are going to just up and hand them over... to who?

Nobody's trying to take them.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Building your own AR style rifle, away from the eyes of any government knowledge is becoming an increasing trend.
80% lower receivers are a hot commodity right now.
I need to buy, or rent another 5 axis flowjet. Demand is overwhelming production.
You need to catch up.

My first AK-47 build was done in the mid-90s.

LOL.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:00 AM

17,654 posts, read 13,497,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Heston was already brain dead when he said that.
Well it was only because of those damn dirty apes.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:02 AM

23,769 posts, read 28,900,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
"For the next six months, Al Gore is going to smear you as the enemy. He will slander you as gun-toting, knuckle-dragging, bloodthirsty maniacs who stand in the way of a safer America. Will you remain silent? I will not remain silent. If we are going to stop this, then it is vital to every law-abiding gun owner in America to register to vote and show up at the polls on Election Day.

So, as we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed, and especially for you, Mr. Gore: 'From my cold, dead hands!'

-Charlton Heston

didn't Charlton say this when he had gone completely past the bend and had to be tethered to a nurse when let out of the compound?

Old 04-21-2017, 11:06 AM

4,797 posts, read 3,481,818 times
People tend to forget what the 2A is about.. If you look outside your basement, there is a world full of governments that do disarm and kill their citizens. Been going on a long long time, still to this day..
And, our fore fathers saw this need of self protection against a tyrannical government to be a right. Not for fear, but for the right of people to ensure our government, and others are aware of the fact we can and will protect ourselves, our family and friends if need be.
Make sense. And tell me how many times our young country has had major overthrow of people and or government here. Twice..

Old 04-21-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
People tend to forget what the 2A is about.. If you look outside your basement, there is a world full of governments that do disarm and kill their citizens. Been going on a long long time, still to this day..
And, our fore fathers saw this need of self protection against a tyrannical government to be a right. Not for fear, but for the right of people to ensure our government, and others are aware of the fact we can and will protect ourselves, our family and friends if need be.
Make sense. And tell me how many times our young country has had major overthrow of people and or government here. Twice..
Nope. We know what is about. That is why it's still in there.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:07 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,683,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I haven't owned a long arm in awhile, but I used to have a really nice Mini 14.

I will never understand why right wingers are always in a lather over this "they'll take the guns" thing, except it helps right wing politicians get elected.

Nobody's going to disarm the population unless there ever comes a day that the population is WIDELY in favor of being disarmed.

The right to bear arms is such an integral part of the formation of the US and our fight against British rule.
for the most part i agree with you. at this point in time no one is going to take away our guns. however there have been times in the past, and will be times in the future, when the gun grabbers will again come out and make large noises about taking away our guns.

remember when feinstein said that if she had 51 votes in the senate, she would have pushed a bill through to disarm the american public?

remember that eternal vigilance is the price of freedom. and also note that since trump was elected, there has been little if any talk from politicians about taking guns away from people? also note how often during the obama administration politicians DID talk about banning guns?

Old 04-21-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
for the most part i agree with you. at this point in time no one is going to take away our guns. however there have been times in the past, and will be times in the future, when the gun grabbers will again come out and make large noises about taking away our guns.

remember when feinstein said that if she had 51 votes in the senate, she would have pushed a bill through to disarm the american public?

remember that eternal vigilance is the price of freedom. and also note that since trump was elected, there has been little if any talk from politicians about taking guns away from people? also note how often during the obama administration politicians DID talk about banning guns?
I get that some far left folks will talk about disarming the citizenry, but it's just pandering.

They'd never get approval for that crap.

I agree that it's good to keep a watchful eye on ANY right that we might lose. I just don't get people being so worried about it on a daily basis.

And, I think we don't hear much about guns since Trump got into office because there's so much other bizarre stuff to talk about.

People I know (and most of them are really liberal) do talk about not understanding why there are not more restrictions (especially for handguns and mental patients, that sort of thing), but largely, they do not seem to talk much about disarming people entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies