Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 08:51 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times

Advertisements

Noboma to me comes across as so arrogant and racist. Always has.

Did I like him as President. Not really. But he was out President for 8 years and I have to respect that.
He did not support our fine Police Officers and their families which put them in danger and a lot where getting shot.
And in general did not seem to like America.
And so many other things.

Last edited by Atalanta; 04-24-2017 at 09:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'm sure the speech it will be inspirational and forward looking. It's good to give young people a positive role model to aspire to, considering the ethically challenged con man who followed him into the White House.

President Obama enjoys approval ratings that Donald Trump and his cult probably lie awake at night dreaming of. You can tell by all of the sputtering they are doing in this thread.
There you go again calling people on here part of a cult.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:11 AM

I wonder if Oboma will visit Rev Jeremiah Wright again at one of his sermons while he is in Chicago.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I wonder if conservative extremists will show up and riot and destroy any nearby Starbucks franchises?
I doubt it. They tend, not all, but most have respect for themselves and freedom of speech.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:17 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Noboma to me comes across as so arrogant and racist. Always has.

If you found Obama to be arrogant, do you also find Trump to be arrogant? Honest question, no sarcasm.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:17 AM

957 posts, read 757,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I never liked Bush and I certainly never liked Obama, but this is a bit hypocritical on Obama's part if you ask me.

Obama had nothing but praise for how the Bush team handled the WH transition, and I think that is great on both sides. As much as I don't like either politically, I was happy to see at least one area where there was a common understanding and a common effort to make sure that our government transitioned smoothly. This is essential in terms of a properly functioning government. It is also important to have "one POTUS at a time" as many were saying while Trump was inserting himself into things before the inauguration.

Since Obama was so grateful for the smooth Bush transition, you would think he also had a ton of respect for how Bush kept out of politics and commenting on anything for Obama's term. We don't need an ex-presidnt interfering with the "will of the people" as our election process identified some desire for a drastic change, and not some kind of dragging out of past thoughts and policies that didn't turn out as expected and were shunned by voters in the most recent election.

TL;DR, Obama should show the same respect that Bush showed him, and just bow out of trying to be a political influencer while the new administration is working on what they see appropriate.
Anything to say about Dick Cheney who actually ran the Bush administration? I don't believe President Obama will be running down the Trump administration as Dick Cheney did during the Obama's term.
Presidents often give speeches after their term. President Obama has also made it clear that there is only one President at a time. Something Trump and his team didn't respect when he was President elect.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'll paraphrase it...." I,I,I,I, .............". There will be at least 40 references to himself.
As opposed to trump saying how great he is and that he's the greatest and the smartest surrounded by very smart people

Old 04-24-2017, 09:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
As opposed to trump saying how great he is and that he's the greatest and the smartest surrounded by very smart people
I guarantee it! Trump's the best! Not even close! Bigly yuge!

Old 04-24-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I miss both Obama and Michelle. What a class act. I loved how they just ignored all the derogatory comments about them. And there were so many.
Same here

Old 04-24-2017, 09:31 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
I look forward to the day when Pres. Obama becomes a member of the SCOTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies