Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 03:00 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
What invasive species? Do they have a problem with kudzu over there, too?
This rhetoric is sickening. "Invasive species" as a way to refer to a religious minority? Hitler much? It's just crazy. I live in Brussels. It's about a three-hour drive from Paris. I go to France frequently. Muslims in France are well integrated into French society. The perception of American conservatives of what life is like over here is so off base.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
This is anecdotal, but I for some reason know lots of French people, they all hate Marie Le Penn. With the same zealous like how many in the USA feel about Trump, like she is evil not just she isn't the best candidate.

France is very very left wing and as stated Marie Le Penn is very right wing(I keep hearing this but I am am curious to see how she would fit in a USA left-right scale). France won't vote Marie Le Penn in my opinion. You are talking about a nation where the men like to dance, go to art museums, drink wine, etc. This is what the men do, not just occasionally, this is their life.
Are you in the US or somewhere far abroad from France? If so, the French people you're meeting are a select group. Unfortunately, there are plenty of yokels in France who are just as insular as Trump's core supporters and English Brexiter voters.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
No, it doesn't, actually, if true. (I recall the Left whining about Putin when they lost the US race.) I hate the globalists that much that I'd sooner take help from Russia than the Communist and Islamists trying to take over the world.
Hi Russian paid troll. Hope you got a fair amount of rubles for today's posts.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The ultimate goal should be to evacuate all Muslims and non Europeans from Europe by any means necessary.
Then move to France and help them do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The French are burdened by an invasive species. Vote for the candidate that wishes to expel the nuisance. Who would wish otherwise unless they are suicidal or genocidal.
The French were once the invasive species all over the world. Ask the Algerians and the Vietnamese. Karma is a bytch.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:13 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,139,816 times
Trump seems to warmly support whatever heads of state would be closest to a fascist dictatorship. Same with Turkey. Same with Assad. Same with Putin.

He's like the most un-Amerkcan president ever.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:18 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Reminds me of this guy. Crazy how many politicians are ready to give up and throw in the towel.

Sadiq Khan: London mayor says terror attacks 'part and parcel' of living in a major city | The Independent
Obama said something similar several times. Essentially, "get used to it" - the New Normal. This quote is from 2010, but he never changed his mind about the New Normal.

"Woodward's book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them. During an interview with Woodward in July, the president said, 'We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever . . . we absorbed it and we are stronger.' "
NPR 2010

Old 04-21-2017, 04:29 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
In Holland, Wilders may not have won but he became the 2nd largest party!

Le Pen has a great shot to become the next president!

Old 04-21-2017, 04:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In Holland, Wilders may not have won but he became the 2nd largest party!

Le Pen has a great shot to become the next president!
Every last Dutch person I know thinks Wilders is an idiot.

He will never become the head of that country. Their government is far too complex, even if he does have some nationalist kooks won over.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
What Trump and Le Pen are good at is knowing how to exploit fear.

Despite Trump's Putin move of trying to put his thumb on the scale of the French election, we'll see if fear wins out or if Trump's big mouth actually hurts candidates.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:45 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
This is the chance for liberals to support a woman for a major world role!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies