Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2017, 06:08 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,347,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
*I* didn't call him a sell out!!!
I know.. I was AGREEING with you.. guess I forgot to say that explicitly enough! Sorry 'bout that!!

The rest of my post there was attempting to point out the differences of multi party government and a 2 part with multi-factions "Within" one of the 2. Because the multiparty group can and do band together which would out number by percentage than the leader does. 2 Party system .. gridlock happens and done's in the 2 party system.

Again Sorry, you mis-construed my response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 06:08 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,896,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The kids i referred to were the college kids. The voters Trump pulled were established Rs, but he pulled in many who had given up on the political system years ago.

Hillary kept her crowds small and practically hand picked. She gets nervous around big crowds. Candidate enthusiasm can be generated by means other than big crowds.
Oh. bull ****.

Quote:
Have you ever work in a political campaign, local state or POTUS?
Yes.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:12 PM

23,739 posts, read 14,861,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Oh. bull ****.

Yes.
Then you should know by now third party is not on our future.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Then you should know by now third party is not on our future.
I have no clue what this has to do with the idea that Hillary was absolutely the worse candidate the (D)'s could have foisted upon us.

Sanders would have won and been the kind of president we need. Hillary is Trump outside of the idea of where we can pee.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:20 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,390,371 times
Why do all Democrats have to march in lockstep? That's darn near impossible. If Republicans can live with their warring factions, so should we be able to as well.

Not everyone is in love with Bernie; some are. So what?

Old 04-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Why do all Democrats have to march in lockstep? That's darn near impossible. If Republicans can live with their warring factions, so should we be able to as well.

Not everyone is in love with Bernie; some are. So what?
That's what primaries are for. No lockstep. Usually everybody gets behind the winner. I can't stand Hillary but I voted for her and the Supreme Court.

Democrats have never been lockstep. In Texas many years ago, the podium at the State convention had barbed wire around it. Or they had to call out the National guard.

But general election time, they were all on the same team.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no clue what this has to do with the idea that Hillary was absolutely the worse candidate the (D)'s could have foisted upon us.

Sanders would have won and been the kind of president we need. Hillary is Trump outside of the idea of where we can pee.
So what? It is over. You don't like it? Get involved.

You can't stand her . You voted for Stein. How did that work out for you? Or the country?

Old 04-21-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
So what? It is over. You don't like it? Get involved.

You can't stand her . You voted for Stein. How did that work out for you? Or the country?
We have yet to see how that worked out. So far not as good as I hoped as the (D)'s haven't seemed to have learned a thing. In the little picture it doesn't bother me. Hillary or Trump is all the same to me.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:45 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,901,847 times
Quote:
You are talking primary. I'm talking general.
I'm talking both. Sanders was extremely popular precisely among the demographics that carried Trump to victory. Have you noticed how Sanders routinely get rooms full of Trump supporters to cheer for him as he tours the country? Rural Vermont is Sanders country. Why? Because rural and working class Americans like straight shooters with integrity. Sanders is a pro-labor New Deal democrat with decades of consistency. You cant fake that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGEKVxE_YM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ArbwhF0M_I

Old 04-21-2017, 06:48 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,901,847 times
Quote:
That's what primaries are for. No lockstep. Usually everybody gets behind the winner. I can't stand Hillary but I voted for her and the Supreme Court.

Democrats have never been lockstep. In Texas many years ago, the podium at the State convention had barbed wire around it. Or they had to call out the National guard.

But general election time, they were all on the same team.
Far from it. Libertarians (right) got more votes than Green (left). You need to move on. Hillary is gone. If she had to rely on the Green Party getting 0.000001% of the vote in the midwestern states, she was a bad candidate. It wasnt freakin' Russia that told Hillary to not campaign in Wisconsin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies