Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2018, 08:27 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
In which decade did you meet and get to know Trump?

Do tell.

We're all ears .
Although you didn't ask me specifically, my "knowing" him was owning property and business in S. New Jersey, including some within sight of Atlantic City. I used to take my boat alongside the "Princess" until the Bankruptcy Court made him sell that boat.

I won't go into detail, but if anyone can turn 100 billion into 1 billion, it's that dude - and, along the way, fleece taxpayers, investors, bondholders, contractors and everyone else he comes into contact with.

That takes a lot of talent. At least with Madoff a vast portion of the money has been able to be recovered - with Trump it's gone, baby, gone...

But why talk MY opinion. Here are the simple facts - provable.....

1. If Trump had invested his money with Buffet in about 1975 (a couple years after being appointed Pres of the Parents company) he'd have 180 BILLION today...and not fleeced a soul or a single taxpayer. Yes, that's 180 BILLION dollars, or about 179 Billion more than he had a couple years back or 177 Billion more than he had after he started with the Russian financing.....

2. If Trump had invested his money in the S&P at the same time he'd have around 9 Billion - so his "active" business skills (and all the drama) gained him vastly less than market averages.

No sane "business person" would look at these results and say they were positive. The entire idea of being in business (independent of innovation, etc. which he has none of) is to beat what one might be able to make by passive means.

He had the skills of losing 177 Billion...and some people think that is good. It shows how little business sense most Americans have.

1980's was the decade, although it stretched into the 1990's as he went broke more and more times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2018, 08:30 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Flashback:

Remember back when Trump, to silence his critics and haters about his intellectual capability, took a mental health assessment that is given to Alzheimer's and Dementia patients? LOL

Old 07-30-2018, 08:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Johns Hopkins is perhaps the most respected institution in the USA...and one of the most respected in the world

Take that for what it is worth - but it is no "mere" or "normal" medical establishment, having saved 100's of millions of lives with their research (vaccines, cures, etc.).....

I'm not casting merit or not on the claim - just the institution. I know it's in vogue to downplay the significance of our institutions, but most people reading this would not be here today without this one.

This is just a small sampling - however, their research was instrumental in most everything that makes our modern world - for example, the 1918 (and many since) Flu would have killed many tens of millions of Americans just by itself without JH
https://www.jhu.edu/research/milestones/
It is respected and a wonderful university and medical center. My husbands cousin graduated from there and also taught for awhile. That has little to do with this post as it appears the OP paid no attention to what he was posting. It appears to not be true or only partially true.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:36 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Although you didn't ask me specifically, my "knowing" him was owning property and business in S. New Jersey, including some within sight of Atlantic City. I used to take my boat alongside the "Princess" until the Bankruptcy Court made him sell that boat.

I won't go into detail, but if anyone can turn 100 billion into 1 billion, it's that dude - and, along the way, fleece taxpayers, investors, bondholders, contractors and everyone else he comes into contact with.

That takes a lot of talent. At least with Madoff a vast portion of the money has been able to be recovered - with Trump it's gone, baby, gone...

1. If Trump had invested his money with Buffet in about 1975 (a couple years after being appointed Pres of the Parents company) he'd have 180 BILLION today...and not fleeced a soul or a single taxpayer. Yes, that's 180 BILLION dollars, or about 179 Billion more than he had a couple years back or 177 Billion more than he had after he started with the Russian financing.....

2. If Trump had invested his money in the S&P at the same time he'd have around 9 Billion - so his "active" business skills (and all the drama) gained him vastly less than market averages.

No sane "business person" would look at these results and say they were positive. The entire idea of being in business (independent of innovation, etc. which he has none of) is to beat what one might be able to make by passive means.

He had the skills of losing 177 Billion...and some people think that is good. It shows how little business sense most Americans have.

1980's was the decade, although it stretched into the 1990's as he went broke more and more times.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Shoulda, coulda, woulda will always be better that reality. I assume you put ALL of your $$ into Buffet back then.

Pro tip - factual statements don't start with "if"

Old 07-30-2018, 08:38 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
And I suppose you believe it.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:41 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:

My point was not to stick up for Trump. I don't like Trump, I didn't vote for him, and I'm not a Republican.

Don should have posted that he knows of Trump, or about Trump, but not that he knows him (he obviously doesn't, or we would have heard about that from him a long time ago).

IMO, it's fun to tease Don. He sometimes leaves himself wide open.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:47 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:

So in other words you are making things up. Figured that.

Old 07-30-2018, 08:50 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Actually I think Ann Coulter came up with the saying before Michael did.

Now, as for what some professor has to say, regardless of his field, is his opinion and I have yet to figure how so many can take what a Psychiatrist has to say. My experience from friends who's kids have visited them: it is always mommy's fault. Has your friend, the professor said it is all Trump's mommy's fault?

Where did you get the information he is ban from ever from ever stepping foot on British soil?

My, some people are so full of hate, they will believe anything or they are so naive they fall for anything that will make the person they dislike look bad.
Britain hates Scots.

Prolly goes back to the Braveheart thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braveheart

F. Scott Fitz-FK'N-gerald was NOT a Scott.

"Fitzgerald died before he could complete The Last Tycoon."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F._Scott_Fitzgerald

Old 07-30-2018, 08:52 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Britain hates Scots.

Prolly goes back to the Braveheart thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braveheart

F. Scott Fitz-FK'N-gerald was NOT a Scott.

"Fitzgerald died before he could complete The Last Tycoon."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F._Scott_Fitzgerald
No we don't hate Scots and much of the film Braveheart was not historically accurate.

Btw Scots are British, so would have to hate themselves.

British or Britons are the citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. This includes the English, Welsh, Scots and Northern Irish.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-30-2018 at 09:06 AM..

Old 07-30-2018, 08:56 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:

LOL. Why does this remind me of a certain woman saying she could see Russia from where she was?

I stood very close to the Queen Mary once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies