Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 04:43 PM

983 posts, read 732,701 times

Advertisements

Harvard tells students gender can 'change from day to day'

Quote:
The office of BGLTQ Student Life at Harvard University has released a new school-sponsored guide telling students to “fight transphobia” and “get the facts about gender diversity.”

The guide, which was distributed to students on campus, declares that “there are more than two sexes” and that “gender is fluid and changing,” adding that someone’s gender identity “can be affirmed and/or expressed in many ways,” and can even “change from day to day.”
Biologists and psychologists everywhere cry. Gender studies courses are cancer. As are activist ridden academic bodies. Authoritarian feelings doctrine that makes a mockery of science and reality.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:23 PM

27,203 posts, read 46,518,781 times
So today I can choose to be a man or a woman. Tomorrow I may decide to be a dog or a cat. The day thereafter we may be allowed to choose between a dishwasher and a fridge...

The left is lost with their non sense.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
So today I can choose to be a man or a woman. Tomorrow I may decide to be a dog or a cat. The day thereafter we may be allowed to choose between a dishwasher and a fridge...

The left is lost with their non sense.
I am a genderfluid non-binary, asexual, pansexual dragon born Khajeet!

Old 04-21-2017, 06:24 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,970,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
I am a genderfluid non-binary, asexual, pansexual dragon born Khajeet!
ooo!...can i buy you a drink?.......................

Old 04-21-2017, 06:29 PM

15,444 posts, read 15,425,363 times
Sorry, I'm confused - I don't see how your title line pertains to the content of your post. Are you trying to say that you are contemptuous of better schools because they result in students thinking about things, instead offset focusing on earning money?

Any idiot can learn a trade. But some people are interested in an education.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Sorry, I'm confused - I don't see how your title line pertains to the content of your post. Are you trying to say that you are contemptuous of better schools because they result in students thinking about things, instead offset focusing on earning money?

Any idiot can learn a trade. But some people are interested in an education.
My point is you'll actually be able to learn something useful at a trade school whereas in universities; particularly ivy league ones such as harvard will teach you less about actual facts of life and things that exist in the real world to better yourself and educate you in things that matter and waste time telling you mental illness is what matters.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:21 PM

18,332 posts, read 26,352,341 times
You're setting up a fake problem here. People aren't limited to either trade school or gender studies. You can major in any field you want to in college. You can ignore the gender studies people if you so choose. I have no problem with tradesmen and have dabbled in woodworking myself and have plumbed and wired and built my own home. But I have to say there's something very rewarding about an education. Understanding biology or chemistry or such will truly change the way you view the world around you.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:25 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,857,141 times
Quote:
Harvard tells students gender can 'change from day to day'

Biologists and psychologists everywhere cry. Gender studies courses are cancer. As are activist ridden academic bodies. Authoritarian feelings doctrine that makes a mockery of science and reality.
Gender can - do you understand the difference between gender and biological sex? They are not the same. Gender is a social construct. Sex is (largely*) genetically-based and (largely*) has distinct phenotypic traits.

There's also nothing wrong with a student studying these various social constructs (of which gender studies touches on). It's their money and time, I'm not sure why you care. If they can find ways to make their work and research useful, more power to them.

* like most things in nature, there are exceptions and rare situations that create ambiguities there

Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,857,141 times
Quote:
My point is you'll actually be able to learn something useful at a trade school whereas in universities; particularly ivy league ones such as harvard will teach you less about actual facts of life and things that exist in the real world to better yourself and educate you in things that matter and waste time telling you mental illness is what matters.
Haha...you have no idea what happens at Ivy league Universities if you actually believe what you just wrote. Wow.

Certainly nothing wrong with trade schools or that kind of career path - but you seem to have some ridiculous notions of what happens at Universities. Many tradespeople are actually taught at Universities, FYI.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 04-21-2017 at 07:44 PM..

Old 04-21-2017, 07:38 PM

7,789 posts, read 6,338,344 times
So the next time a liberal tells you there aren't enough women in STEM fields, you can call BS because they have no idea how many women are in STEM fields if genders can change day to day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies