Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 08:47 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,249,351 times

Advertisements

Trump says it really doesn't matter because the 'first 100 days' thing is a "ridiculous standard" and blames it on the media.

This man takes responsibility for nothing (unless of course it something positive, in which case he takes credit even though he had little do with it).

"...No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!"

Donald Trump just pulled a major flip-flop on his first 100 days in office - CNNPolitics.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 08:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Republicans on the Southern boarder are the biggest critics. Their constituents are poised to have their land confiscated.
The partial Bush Wall contains many gaps to accommodate connected special interests, a university, country clubs, HOAs and ranches.

Most of the remaining land to be fenced is privately- owned. I suspect the market value of this land inflates with the Federal Government's intent to pay for it. None of the owners are required to accept the first offer. Land owners have the right to appeal. It can take many, many years for the courts to work it out and eventually sieze the land by condemnation.

No fence is high enough nor troops deep enough to prevent illegal immigration so long as US employers continue to hire undocumented workers without consequences.

The powerful US Chamber of Commerce lobbies at the state and Federal level to prevent e-verify from becoming the law for all employers with harsh consequences for employers who do not comply. Funding would be better invested in state of the art identity biometrics than a wall.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
MTA

The funny thing and only he would do this, is now that he has s***t the bed on his 100 days he is moonwalking like Michael Jackson to say 100 days, no big deal, and a media creation!

Typical Donny move and his crazies will probably lap it up - the other 65% of us not so much!
Blaming media instead of owning it is shameful.

It's right up there with continuously promising to release his tax returns and then once elected, sending Kellyanne out to announce he will not be releasing and no one cares except for the media.

1/3 of eligible voters voted for Trump. And not all of them, like myself , drank the Kool- aid.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So Donny's first 100 days end next Saturday and he made a promise to pass 10 specific pieces of legislation during that time. They are listed below and as you will see none have been or will be accomplished during the 100 day period or ever for that matter. Is this what Little Hands meant by "winning" because this feels like losing to me!
wilful, you're missing an important point. I don't mean this in a rah, rah kind of way but Trump beat big money and liberal media backed Hillary essentially slowing down, hopefully stopping the liberal agenda and that's a big accomplishment for a lot of Trump supporters. On a side note, if Hillary can't handle Trump, how can we expect her to handle enemy leaders?

We saw the left throw everything but the kitchen sink (still are) at Trump. We are adults who understand that he is fighting big money and corporate liberal media. We also understand that he won't be able to accomplish everything. Trump showed traits of successful people, who always think and go big and work hard to accomplish their goals, big things afer not accomplished in short periods of time. My point being, your thread is seen as just more of the same and is a loser for the left.

Last edited by petch751; 04-22-2017 at 09:27 AM..

Old 04-22-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who created this "first 100 days" standard? The liberal Left, that's who.

Actually, Trump has accomplished quite a lot so far. But you people have a different standard. Your "standard" is why you lost.
Excuse me. The Trump Campaign created the Contract with America. He tweeted it. His tweets create news.

Here's everything Trump promised to do in his first 100 days. He's done almost none of it.

Instead of being humbled, the Trump Admin attempts to blame the media.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:28 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Excuse me. The Trump Campaign created the Contract with America. He tweeted it. His tweets create news.

Here's everything Trump promised to do in his first 100 days. He's done almost none of it.

Instead of being humbled, the Trump Admin attempts to blame the media.
I don't mean this in a rah, rah way but Trump beat big money and liberal media who backed Hillary essentially slowing down, or putting a stop to some of the liberal agenda and that's a big accomplishment for a lot of Trump supporters. We're happy about that.

On a side note, if with all that big money and media backing, Hillary can't handle Trump, how can we expect her to handle leaders or our enemies?

Old 04-22-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wilful, before you throw stones at President Trump not even 100 days in, you better look at Obama's broken promises after 8 years.

< 100 Days vs 8 years

Allow imported prescription drugs
End the practice of writing legislation behind closed doors.
Close special-interest corporate loopholes.
Close the prison at Guantanamo Bay.
Create a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
Restrict people moving between lobbying and working in the administration.
Create a mortgage interest tax credit for non-itemizers
End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000
Create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges
Tax carried interest as ordinary income
Lift the payroll tax cap on earnings above $250,000
Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses
Eliminating special tax breaks for oil and gas companies
Expand the child and dependent care credit
Require publicly traded financial partnerships to pay the corporate income tax.
Close loopholes in the corporate tax deductibility of CEO pay

There's more but seriously, stop the childlessness Wilful.
Every POTUS over promises. Sometimes Congress won't go along even when POTUS and majority are aligned. And sometimes, they do not even try or things change.

This thread is about Trump's own 100 Day Contract with America. His intention. His tweet. His failure.
Instead of owning it, he's blaming the media, no different than his choice to not release his tax returns.

Last POTUS to use the fallback of blaming media to this extent was Nixon.

It's time for Trump to eat some humble pie and move on instead of blaming media.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:41 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think this sums it up pretty well

First 100 glorious days of dear leader
Yes, it does.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:42 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wilful, you're missing an important point. I don't mean this in a rah, rah kind of way but Trump beat big money and liberal media backed Hillary essentially slowing down, hopefully stopping the liberal agenda and that's a big accomplishment for a lot of Trump supporters. On a side note, if Hillary can't handle Trump, how can we expect her to handle enemy leaders?

We saw the left throw everything but the kitchen sink (still are) at Trump. We are adults who understand that he is fighting big money and corporate liberal media. We also understand that he won't be able to accomplish everything. Trump showed traits of successful people, who always think and go big and work hard to accomplish their goals, big things afer not accomplished in short periods of time. My point being, your thread is seen as just more of the same and is a loser for the left.
slow the "liberal agenda"???? In favor of what the neo-con agenda? I thought you guys hated neo-cons as much as you hated Hillary, now that Trump is a swamp water drinking neo-con it's suddenly a perfect way to run a country, just run around bullying other Countries until they decide to start a war with us

Old 04-22-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump says it really doesn't matter because the 'first 100 days' thing is a "ridiculous standard" and blames it on the media.

This man takes responsibility for nothing (unless of course it something positive, in which case he takes credit even though he had little do with it).

"...No matter how much I accomplish during the ridiculous standard of the first 100 days, & it has been a lot (including S.C.), media will kill!"

Donald Trump just pulled a major flip-flop on his first 100 days in office - CNNPolitics.com
The 100 Day thing is goofy. Nonetheless, Trump bought into it when he tweeted his Contract with America.

I have no doubt he will say he did not want to make a 100 Day Commitment but he listened to others instead of owning it.

Time for Mar-a-Lago to bake a Humble Pie for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies