Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 02:47 AM

6,367 posts, read 6,232,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
He said he would wipe them off the planet so fast your head will spin. My head is not spinning yet. Aren't Cons getting tired of getting LIED to by Donald J. Trump every single day?
Great question. It was a prominent campaign promise. It's fun to watch all the cognitive dissonance in all who voted for him trying to rationalize why it's ok that he's a liar now when before they were rationalizing how great he would make America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 02:48 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,695,553 times
Quote:
He said he would wipe them off the planet so fast your head will spin. My head is not spinning yet. Aren't Cons getting tired of getting LIED to by Donald J. Trump every single day?
only children expect everything to happen all at once, are you a child? reality check here, presidential candidates say thins during the campaign, but while they may try to work to get those promises done, they still have to deal with 535 members of congress, and a slew of judges that dont see things the way presidents do, even obama had to fight with congress to get things done.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:18 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,393,979 times
Quote:
Please name a politician who was able to deliver on every promise he/she made during their term(s) much less the first 100 days? We can all find flaws with the other sides politicians (while deliberately overlooking our sides flaws) so that debate is a pointless draw, why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Trump is a politician. he does what politicians do. No better or worse than others.
+1.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:38 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,377,957 times
Quote:
Gotta love these youtubes.. so fast your head will spin..

Old 04-22-2017, 04:12 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,223,946 times
Quote:
Do you have an exact quote, with date and place?

I think most people realize that developing a war strategy against the mess left by Obama isn't something that can happen overnight. It takes planing and preparation, and he certainly isn't going to make the mistake that Obama made in telling the world (and the enemy) exactly what he's going to do and when.

Also consider that part of that strategy was thwarted by rogue Judges who stepped beyond their authority to halt his "travel ban" preventing terrorists from entering the USA. That was a first step in the fight.

The recent bombing of the base in Syria was an important action. That sent a clear message. Are you discounting that?

Rhetoric (especially campaign rhetoric) is just that. Would you have held Obama to the same standard? Apparently not. He accomplished nothing in terms of defeating terrorism in eight years. In fact, things worsened under his watch, and he released terrorists back into the fight. Why haven't you commented on that?

Trump hasn't lied about anything ...but sometimes strategies and plans must change. Circumstances continually change, priorities continually change and adjustments must be made. He has accomplished a lot in the "first one hundred days," a standard that has been created by the media, that is basically meaningless. There's a long, long way to go, and Democrats in Congress have not helped matters by dragging their feet in confirming appointments.

But, your comments are typical of the intolerant Left.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
He's too busy applying his orange makeup and tweeting to do anything else.
Why do you people keep talking about "orange makeup" based on bad photo editing (bad color is a result of bad photography). Hardly any photos show him as "orange." As a photographer myself, I know how to correct color balance, brightness and contrast, and other parameters that affect a photo. Because someone is too lazy to do the work does not mean he actually looks that way. Have you seen him in person? Doubtful.

I could make him look green if I wanted to.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What happened to the secret plan to eliminate ISIS?
Well, if he announced it to you Leftists, it wouldn't be secret, would it? What kind of a silly question is that? Do you really think the President is going to announce to you what the US is going to do to defeat this enemy? Why should he tell you?

Old 04-22-2017, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
I'm glad that he is trying- striking bases Syria and Afghanistan are great starts.
Yes, and where did all the criticism of this action come from? The LEFT!

Old 04-22-2017, 04:49 AM

6,707 posts, read 3,317,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Do you have an exact quote, with date and place?

I think most people realize that developing a war strategy against the mess left by Obama isn't something that can happen overnight. It takes planing and preparation, and he certainly isn't going to make the mistake that Obama made in telling the world (and the enemy) exactly what he's going to do and when.

Also consider that part of that strategy was thwarted by rogue Judges who stepped beyond their authority to halt his "travel ban" preventing terrorists from entering the USA. That was a first step in the fight.

The recent bombing of the base in Syria was an important action. That sent a clear message. Are you discounting that?

Rhetoric (especially campaign rhetoric) is just that. Would you have held Obama to the same standard? Apparently not. He accomplished nothing in terms of defeating terrorism in eight years. In fact, things worsened under his watch, and he released terrorists back into the fight. Why haven't you commented on that?

Trump hasn't lied about anything ...but sometimes strategies and plans must change. Circumstances continually change, priorities continually change and adjustments must be made. He has accomplished a lot in the "first one hundred days," a standard that has been created by the media, that is basically meaningless. There's a long, long way to go, and Democrats in Congress have not helped matters by dragging their feet in confirming appointments.

But, your comments are typical of the intolerant Left.
I couldn't say it better. Obama did nothing for 8 years except let ISIS proliferate and make bad deals with Iran. Now the left expects Pres. Trump to fix the whole mess in an instant. Further, when Syria did get bombed for its atrocities, all the left did was whine about it.

I am quite sure there is a better plan in place now than there has been during the useless Obama years. The difference is that we won't be telegraphing our next move, which is pretty stupid when you think about it.

Old 04-22-2017, 05:02 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,147,690 times
Quote:
Liberals keep getting in the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies