U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2017, 01:35 AM
 
26,304 posts, read 12,839,724 times
Reputation: 12550

Advertisements

OK looks like Trump is about to toss Carter Page under the Russia bus.

First lets start off with...the Fox News report:
Trump lawyer told Carter Page to 'cease' calling self adviser, as Russia concerns intensified | Fox News
Quote:
Attorney Don McGahn told Page in a December 2016 letter to “immediately cease” saying he is a Trump adviser and to stop suggesting he was more than a short-lived advisory council member “who never actually met with the president-elect.”
Problem? Here is Trump stating that Carter Page was a adviser:
Donald Trump unveils list of foreign policy advisers - CBS News
Quote:
"Walid Phares, who you probably know. PhD, adviser to the House of Representatives. He's a counterterrorism expert," Trump said. "Carter Page, PhD. George Papadopoulos. He's an oil and energy consultant. Excellent guy. The honorable Joe Schmitz, [was] inspector general at the Department of Defense. General Keith Kellogg."
Its stuff like this that makes people think there is more to this Russia thing. Its incompetency at its finest if nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2017, 03:29 AM
 
38,118 posts, read 14,894,548 times
Reputation: 24541
Claimed Manafort was with the Trump campaign only a brief time.

Claimed Flynn was merely a volunteer.

Nobody's buying these attempts to distance Trump from the Russian agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 05:02 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
12,466 posts, read 4,216,580 times
Reputation: 9775
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Claimed Manafort was with the Trump campaign only a brief time.

Claimed Flynn was merely a volunteer.

Nobody's buying these attempts to distance Trump from the Russian agents.
I am buying it.
The election is over.
Hillary lost.
It's time to get to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 06:15 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
17,628 posts, read 11,166,763 times
Reputation: 37671
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Claimed Manafort was with the Trump campaign only a brief time.

Claimed Flynn was merely a volunteer.

Nobody's buying these attempts to distance Trump from the Russian agents.

Next Trump will be claiming he never met Bannon !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 06:20 AM
 
Location: Central Mexico and Central Florida
7,095 posts, read 3,457,793 times
Reputation: 10153
Ivanka?? Oh, she's just one of the many kids I had with one of the many wives I had. What's she doing these days??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 06:23 AM
 
38,118 posts, read 14,894,548 times
Reputation: 24541
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Next Trump will be claiming he never met Bannon !
Met briefly, in passing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 06:32 AM
 
38,118 posts, read 14,894,548 times
Reputation: 24541
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I am buying it.
The election is over.
Hillary lost.
It's time to get to work.
I should say it is time to get to work.

Trump's 90 day probationary period is over and what have he and the Republicans accomplished beside rubber stamping the Supreme Court justice picked by Heritage Foundation?

Exactly what is keeping Trump and the Republicans from getting to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Chicago area
14,370 posts, read 7,916,313 times
Reputation: 53471
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I am buying it.
The election is over.
Hillary lost.
It's time to get to work.

Sally Yates goes to the Trump transition team which Pence headed, and tells them that Flynn is a foreign agent. She is fired and a this information is leaked to the press. Had it not been leaked Flynn would still be a security advisor. He asks for immunity to testify because "he has quite a story to tell."


Sessions conveniently forgets to disclose his Russian meetings and has to recuse himself from the investigation. Now Mary McCord the lead investigator in the DOJ investigating the Trump Russian connection is stepping down. It must have been some offer to get her to leave what could have been the most epic investigation of her career.

Trump's own son in law Kushner has a "back door" meeting with someone from a Cypress sanctioned bank with direct contact with Putin and Russian oligarchs. His excuse was that it was a back door to better relations with Putin. Well then why is Putin's bestie Tillerson our new secretary of state?

Carter Page?

Paul Manafort?

Eric Pence from Blackwater who met with a Russian agent in the Seychelles and who's sister is Betsy Devoss. Read about it. It's a fascinating story.

We have a president that mirrors Putin's anti nato rhetoric and mimics his propaganda playbook. You need to read about that as well. We have a president that will lie and turn on a dime to suit his agenda.

If you are an American and not part of the Russian propaganda machine, then you will be a patriot first. If you can defend any of this then you are not an American. I've read a lot about weaponized propaganda and this same simple minded factless rhetoric perfectly fits the bill.

None of us really knows who we're talking to on the internet, and the chilling reality about weaponized propaganda is that it is so realistic and believable. These could all be just amazing coincidences between Trump and his crew or it could be something so dark and nefarious. We simply don't know...yet. If you really are a die hard Trump supporter then I'll have to encourage you to do a little more reading and come back with some fact based intelligent response instead of an empty opinion. I'm desperately trying to understand the Trump supporters point of view but I've yet to find much to go on but these same empty responses. Help me see the light, because all I see is every dowsing rod pointing to an avalanche of corruption. Let's hope there is a a patriotic investigation that drills through the crap and finds the truth and nothing but the truth. This country is and should always be bigger then one man. Country first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 05:30 PM
 
38,118 posts, read 14,894,548 times
Reputation: 24541
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Sally Yates goes to the Trump transition team which Pence headed, and tells them that Flynn is a foreign agent. She is fired and a this information is leaked to the press. Had it not been leaked Flynn would still be a security advisor. He asks for immunity to testify because "he has quite a story to tell."


Sessions conveniently forgets to disclose his Russian meetings and has to recuse himself from the investigation. Now Mary McCord the lead investigator in the DOJ investigating the Trump Russian connection is stepping down. It must have been some offer to get her to leave what could have been the most epic investigation of her career.

Trump's own son in law Kushner has a "back door" meeting with someone from a Cypress sanctioned bank with direct contact with Putin and Russian oligarchs. His excuse was that it was a back door to better relations with Putin. Well then why is Putin's bestie Tillerson our new secretary of state?

Carter Page?

Paul Manafort?

Eric Pence from Blackwater who met with a Russian agent in the Seychelles and who's sister is Betsy Devoss. Read about it. It's a fascinating story.

We have a president that mirrors Putin's anti nato rhetoric and mimics his propaganda playbook. You need to read about that as well. We have a president that will lie and turn on a dime to suit his agenda.

If you are an American and not part of the Russian propaganda machine, then you will be a patriot first. If you can defend any of this then you are not an American. I've read a lot about weaponized propaganda and this same simple minded factless rhetoric perfectly fits the bill.

None of us really knows who we're talking to on the internet, and the chilling reality about weaponized propaganda is that it is so realistic and believable. These could all be just amazing coincidences between Trump and his crew or it could be something so dark and nefarious. We simply don't know...yet. If you really are a die hard Trump supporter then I'll have to encourage you to do a little more reading and come back with some fact based intelligent response instead of an empty opinion. I'm desperately trying to understand the Trump supporters point of view but I've yet to find much to go on but these same empty responses. Help me see the light, because all I see is every dowsing rod pointing to an avalanche of corruption. Let's hope there is a a patriotic investigation that drills through the crap and finds the truth and nothing but the truth. This country is and should always be bigger then one man. Country first.

Despite team Trump insistence that this is all perfectly normal. It isn't.

There is something fishy going on here.

Let the hearings begin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2017, 05:49 PM
 
26,304 posts, read 12,839,724 times
Reputation: 12550
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Despite team Trump insistence that this is all perfectly normal. It isn't.

There is something fishy going on here.

Let the hearings begin.
I have noticed that more and more of the defenses of Trump start with "Theres no proof of collusion", indicating that finally some of them understand that yes, something DID occur.

And some are starting to get to the point of "Well, theres no proof Trump knew".

Its progress of a sort. The drip drip drip of collusion is slowly turning into a stream. I actually wonder if the current president may be the first one to serve time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top