Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 10:32 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
What's interesting is that the women complaining about there not being enough women in science don't even have any sort of STEM degree. Instead of whining, they should go get a degree in a scientific field. The problem is with them, not society.
Exactly. Gender studies is not STEM. Sociology is not STEM.

Instead of inventing some nefarious conspiracy theory to explain differences in majors and careers, go BE the change you want to see. Go BE the STEM you want to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sure, if she's 40.

These days, unless your family is a bunch of tools, it's mostly the opposite and in fact the scholarships and entrance req's are better for girls.
I live in a small town, the off hand comments most people here think arent said anymore are still said.

the scholarships and requirements being lower(which i dont see as true, but whatever), doesnt change what is said and the sentiment uttered by people around the kid.

I think a lot of the conservatives on this site live in purple and blue state or in large cities and dont see that there are many people who still believe in certain gender roles.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:06 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I live in a small town, the off hand comments most people here think arent said anymore are still said.

the scholarships and requirements being lower(which i dont see as true, but whatever), doesnt change what is said and the sentiment uttered by people around the kid.

I think a lot of the conservatives on this site live in purple and blue state or in large cities and dont see that there are many people who still believe in certain gender roles.

It is true. Women are extra exentices and scholarships to push them into STEM. Fact

If a woman lets "comments" stop her from doing what she wants to do, maybe she isn't cut out for it then. Reminds me of the people that say women don't become politicians because of comments made to them. It's politics. If you can't take comments from other people you can't cut it

And like I said. How parents raise their kids is not for liberals to decide. Muslims have the right to raise their kids as they want

Old 04-23-2017, 11:23 PM

153 posts, read 114,893 times
It's due to men and the patriarchy keeping women down as usual.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:30 PM

55 posts, read 39,949 times
LOL if women are so capable then why don't they ever invent or innovate anything?

Old 04-23-2017, 11:37 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Not only "gender roles", but generational welfare and unions and "git me a pension the minute I can" roles.

It's amusing to me, that the Blue States ( I live in one) think they are so much smarter than any Red State...while it's the generational losers the Cory Bookers and Buster Soaries types rally, from Camden to Newark... and never do a damn thing for...are the strong holds.

They were waiting for their "free gas" and "free cell phones".

They are no better off today than they were in 1977, thanks to those Blue Politicians "fighting for 'em".

I laugh every time I see "Anything to Get Air Time Booker" on the news...he couldn't fix a leaky pipe in "his city" (even with Zuckerberg's $100M donation) without hiring an "outside source" to figure out what the public schools in his "city" needed.

How stupid is that? Where was Booker's public excoriation over not having his thumb on the pulse of what HIS PUBLIC SCHOOLS NEED!????

Typical liberal figure head...but he's great, he's working for YOU!

And he has the audacity to show up and pat some homeless idiot (and I mean idiot b/c I KNOW the idiot...knew the ******* Robert Irvine was hugging on his "Let's help Newark soup kitchen" show) on the head. They play a good game...

It's amusing to me that some assume only the educated (let alone "intellectual") carry the Blue votes in Blue states.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:38 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
If aliens can be scientists, so can women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXApk1eqoC0

Old 04-23-2017, 11:41 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
"Just because I am a girl why can't I become a scientist?"

I actually know more female scientists than I do male scientists. NPR must think it's 1950.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:45 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Just because I am a girl why can't I become a scientist?"

I actually know more female scientists than I do male scientists. NPR must think it's 1950.

In biological sciences there will be an equal amount of women. It's only on mechanical or computing stuff where there is less women

Old 04-23-2017, 11:49 PM

55 posts, read 39,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Yeah, there are definitely no more households in the US where gender norms are enforced. None. And certainly no more ignorant adults who tell girls how pretty they are and what great mommies they'll make, while completely ignoring their intelligence, drive, creativity, and curiosity. None.

Thank goodness!
LOL okay... Let's just ignore everything created, invented and discovered before and after female "empowerment" was by men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies