Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:45 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,801,560 times

Advertisements

Goodness, again with this conservative thing?

Trump is not a conservative, hell, they wanted him off the Republican ticket. They only latch on now because he won and is a Republican, but first chance come, they will try to oust him, and he knows it.

Melania has never been an illegal immigrant, not a prostitute. I have no issue what she did and that is her freedom to choose the career path, the thing libs and feminists have been promoting for decades. The reason her and Donald are together is no one's business in my opinion.

But I am not a Trump supporter, so I guess my support comments do not count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 09:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

But I am not a Trump supporter, so I guess my support comments do not count.
Your opinion most definitely counts. And I agree with most of what you said.

My only issue with Melania's past is the hypocrisy of Trump supporters. Because it is Donald's wife, many Trumpers have said that Melania's nude modeling isn't a big deal. They said it was art.

But as I've asked before (and gotten no response), if Michelle Obama had naked pictures on the internet, lying in bed with another naked woman, do you think Trump supporters would be making a big deal about it?! ABSOLUTELY they would.

AGAIN, I personally don't give a crap what Melania did. But because it's Donald's wife Melania, Trump supporters don't care. But if it were Barack's wife Michelle who did a naked "girl on girl" photo shoot, Trump supporters would be furious. True or false???

Old 04-25-2017, 10:56 AM

55 posts, read 39,923 times
So for those complaining about Melania being a gold digger, what do you think of these women?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaGhTrawiUI

Old 04-25-2017, 11:14 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This is a non issue. All first ladies get bashed over something. Who cares.
What was Barbara Bush and Laura Bush knocked over? Hillary I remember was lambasted for Healthcare and standing behind Bill during the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Nancy Reagan was lampooned for her psychic friends. Michelle Obama was mocked for her looks and the lunch program. Melania is getting it to show the hypocrisy of conservatives, in particular religious conservatives. She appeared in nudie magazines something no other first lady has done, yet she is untouchable?

That said that magazine that posted false stories about her was right in settling with her because they would have lost the case.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:25 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,513 times
Anybody associated with president Trump will get unjustified criticism.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:28 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,181 times
She's a hooker with a heart of gold.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:24 PM

31,887 posts, read 26,916,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
If conservatives are willing to admit this, I'm good with it. Whether Donald and Melania actually love each other or not, they BOTH married for additional reasons on top of love.

Melania, an illegal immigrant (initially) from Slovenia, model.......married an older, arrogant man for his money.

Donald, an older, super rich man, married a younger, beautiful woman to be his "trophy wife."

If a Trump supporter would agree with what I said above, I'd shake their hand.

To be fair the construct of marrying for "love" is rather new.

Historically people married, especially women for a host of other reasons and *love* had nothing to do with the matter. The late Diana, Princess of Wales married for *love*, and where did that get her?

In some countries/societies arranged marriages (of adults) are still quite common. Indeed when studied it is found such unions have a much lower divorce rate than those who married for "love".

Love is an emotion, which is quite possibly the worst impulse under which anyone should make such a monumental decision, and that includes marriage. The problem with "love" is that it does not last, it never ever does. Well not at least in the "catch me kiss me, kiss me catch me" phase.

A marriage begins when the wedding is over. If you look at couples who have been together thirty, forty or more years of course there is an emotional bond, but there is also other things that keep that marriage going.

MT gets so much flack IMHO because certain women in this world believe marriage should be totally about love, and anything else is going backwards to the days when women were chattel.

MT was in her thirties and while a "model" her career (such as it was) wouldn't have lasted much longer as she certainly was getting on. There are hundreds if not thousands of "models" all over the world, few make it to the Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, Gisele Bundchen rank. Most are jobbing females and men who pick up work where they can, but by a certain age have moved onto something else.

So you are a thirty something "model" fast approaching hitting that wall, what do you do? Like one said at the start of this thread, you can use what you've got (looks/figure) to get what you need (financial security and status of being a rich man's wife), or join the hundreds of has been former but now aging beauties that pretty much in one way or another ***** themselves out.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:21 AM

18,716 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Why does Melania get so much flack for her past?

Because the radicalized Democrats don't feel it's enough to try to attack and destroy President Trump.

They have to go after his family too.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Because the radicalized Democrats don't feel it's enough to try to attack and destroy President Trump.

You are wrong.

I'm a democrat and I honestly have zero issues with Melania. I don't know her obviously, but she seems like a friendly, calm, kind person. Especially compared to her husband.

As I've said in here already, my only issue is the double standard and hypocrisy with some (not all) conservatives.

Many conservatives claim to be "annoyed" by how some people are criticizing Melania for doing a lesbian photo shoot. She and another woman, both naked got in bed together for a magazine spread. But some conservatives are speaking up in Melania's defense.

But when former First Lady Michelle Obama was called "classless" and referred to as a "gorilla," I didn't see a whole bunch of conservatives sticking up and speaking out for Michelle the way they are Melania.....

Is anything I said untrue???

Old 04-26-2017, 09:28 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,550,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Lol, please see every post ever written about Michelle Obama on this forum. My heart bleeds for you poor little thin skinned cons, truly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies