Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 11:47 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It does have to be pointed out that race was used to start this thread BUT there wasn't a single mention of race in the article. Did you bother to condemn that?
There was no need to mention race in the article. Dem opposition is either due to race or sex. You choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 11:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
There was no need to mention race in the article. Dem opposition is either due to race or sex. You choose.
I'm thinking I would have butted out of the discussion if I was you.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:50 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
There was no need to Frank Artiles to call someone the N word. There was no need for Tom Worthan to complain about Blacks. There was no need for George Allen to call someone a racial slur. It goes both ways.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:50 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
To expound upon this.......(since the OP's rant it worthless).......

Hillary Clinton's Southern strategy

We should note, northern blacks abandoned her which is why she lost. They did not come out in places like Detroit and Philly. They didn't vote for Trump which will continue many of the same programs that hurt those in inner cities but as you note, change takes time. The problem is, the options for change are greatly lacking here in the US..
Agreed. Black voters don't have a good alternative, but if they're getting their vote taken for granted then low voter turnout is going to result.

Not to mention the fact that the Obama team did such a good job of presenting Hillary as racist in 2008 that a lot of blacks had a negative view of her.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:55 AM

Evidently, Trent-Adams was good enough to be Deputy Surgeon General under Obama, but not good enough to be Surgeon General under Trump.

The Trump haters have no bounds.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:01 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,317 times
more fake news.

where is the liberal criticism? i don't see much at all. Or is the standard now a random tweet by a random person who may or may not be a liberal.

Maybe i will open a twitter account called righty mac right right and post racist rants to smear the right. because more and more it feels like you guys are grasping at straws to the slightest scrap of bs to neg the left.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
more fake news.

where is the liberal criticism? i don't see much at all. Or is the standard now a random tweet by a random person who may or may not be a liberal.

Maybe i will open a twitter account called righty mac right right and post racist rants to smear the right. because more and more it feels like you guys are grasping at straws to the slightest scrap of bs to neg the left.
I don't know. I don't follow politics in twitter. I don't seem much concern on this forum for politicians on the conservative side who have made bigoted comments. Truth is, neither side will call out their nutcases because people are loyal to their political ideology. This goes for both sides. Or in some cases, a few individuals agree with said comments, but won't say it out loud.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:15 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
I think the biggest crock of crap that has been thrown out there with huge swathes of believers in the malarkey is the idea that racism aligns with any political affiliation.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think the biggest crock of crap that has been thrown out there with huge swathes of believers in the malarkey is the idea that racism aligns with any political affiliation.
Being a bigot is not particular to a political party. You have bigots all over. I can only speak from my personal experience whom I've heard the most openly bigoted comments from. A majority of it has come from conservatives. I've heard some stupid comments from those who might vote Democratic. This is just what I've experienced. It isn't particularly aligned to a party.

Where I do get salty is when there are those who say "Blacks are stupid for voting Democrat" or "Democrats are the true racists". I am seeing myself looking for stories to disprove so much stuff.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Where I do get salty is when there are those who say "Blacks are stupid for voting Democrat" ...
Not just Blacks. Anyone voting for bigger and bigger government is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies