Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 04:07 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh good. ....

The Democratic Party suffered huge losses at every level during Obama’s presidency. The grand total: a net loss of 1,042 state and federal Democratic posts, including congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and the presidency.
"Wilful" and his pals haven't figured that out yet. They'll be cheering for their failed "leader" for the next couple of decades, at least. They're like a cult that follows a lunatic to an island where they end up committing suicide in the hope of being lifted up to their imagined "Utopia."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 04:17 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Obama ready to go!

Oh yeah, go where?
I hope he follows the Terrorist he freed for Bergdahl, or perhaps he can join his Islamic friend Morsi of the Muslim brotherhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEuNnY_hWFU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODLjZdPsllA

Old 04-25-2017, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Land doesn't vote. Hillary received THREE MILLION MORE VOTES. So showing a map of empty acreage and then screaming electoral college is extremely contradictory. Here is a proportional map by county. Trump supporters can keep talking about acreage like it means something but it really doesn't.

Election maps
You're problem is you still haven't realized that we are not a Democracy, which is tyranny of the majority. We are 50 sovereign States, and it is the voters of these States, a majority of which voted for Donald Trump by a wide margin.

We are a Republic. This is important to understand, because "We the People of the United States" created the Federal Government, and We the People of "the several states" select the President, not "We the majority of the population." This ensures every voter equal power. Majority rule is tyranny. Our founders, in their wisdom, knew this, which is why they did not dissolve the States when they created the Federal government, but the Federal Government was created by the States, and only given limited and clearly defined powers, those not being specifically delegated to it to be retained by the States.

Learn your history, and understand why the United States and our Constitution was created as it is.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:26 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
said something that is indefensible ?
'Well educated/non Walmart shopper' is a silly statement. It depends on the area. I live in The Woodlands, TX . A total of four Walmart stores (Woodlands Parkway, College Park, Sawdust, and the new Augusta Pines store) hug the perimeter of The Woodlands Township, where 61.4 % of residents 25 or over hold a BA/BS or higher (in Ft. Myers, where you live, it's 24.9 %) and 40% of households (remember some love to say re Texas 'in flyover country'...not the West Coast or East Coast) have an income of 150k per year or above (28% over 200k, and 12% between 150k-200k). I see all types of people shopping at the Walmarts that surround us. Doctors and RNs who look as though they just came from an operating room, clinic, etc. Guys who, given how they are dressed, likely just came off the course at one of the clubs. People who just finished a set or two of tennis, etc.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
If one understands that, then why post maps of empty acreage? When was any election measured by minimally populated land? Why post a picture of that and then when reminded that the popular vote was lost, respond with the electoral college?

Obama has served two terms in office and is free to speak as any citizen can. Why that upsets Republicans is a mystery.
Again, your problem is that you fail to understand why our Founders wisely created our system. Our system gives everyone equal power no matter where we live. We are not subjects of the tyranny of the majority. We are not subjects of a "ruling class." We are "the people of the United States," and we all have equal power. My vote counts for as much as yours does. And I and the majority of my fellow citizens in the State of Ohio voted for Donald Trump, not Hillary Clinton. We "trumped" your larger population, because of a system that gives us equal power. That's what makes the United States different from many of the countries of the world whose people live under tyrannical governments elected by "majority rule." Our system is what keeps us free.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Re-read my post, did I say that Obama didn't have the right to speak? No I didn't. That's your liberal mindset. In fact I said good, that doesn't sound like I'm upset.

Obama is a good reminder of what NOT to do.... Losing 1042 Democratic seats in the Obama years throughout the country should tell you something is wrong but I guess Democrats are too hard headed and arrogant to get it. Keep ignoring us like you did in 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016.
No, they don't like our system. That's what it is. They think that the Democrats should NOT have lost seats, because they think that we are a Democracy, and that the majority should rule. They don't like the fact that we are 50 sovereign states.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Again, your problem is that you fail to understand why our Founders wisely created our system. Our system gives everyone equal power no matter where we live. We are not subjects of the tyranny of the majority. We are not subjects of a "ruling class." We are "the people of the United States," and we all have equal power. My vote counts for as much as yours does. And I and the majority of my fellow citizens in the State of Ohio voted for Donald Trump, not Hillary Clinton. We "trumped" your larger population, because of a system that gives us equal power. That's what makes the United States different from many of the countries of the world whose people live under tyrannical governments elected by "majority rule." Our system is what keeps us free.
What was interesting about your home state, is the Democratic war Machine had thousands of Volunteers out on the streets and on the phones in Ohio before the election. Trump had almost none by comparison, and she still lost.

"Hillary Clinton’s campaign calendar here is loaded with door-knocking and telephone-canvassing events run by hundreds of staff members and thousands of volunteers. Some of Trump’s offices, visited last week, were nearly empty."
Ohio is crucial to win the White House. But there are few signs Trump is trying to get out the vote - LA Times

Old 04-25-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
And saying that over and over while posting maps of empty country means exactly what? If it's the electoral college, why keep posting maps while acknowledging that Trump lost the popular vote by three million?
Why do you keep saying "Trump lost the popular vote" over and over again when that is meaningless? He won the popular vote in a majority of states, and that is what counts in our Republic.

And I hate to break it to you, but there are people who live in rural areas who have a right to have their vote count for as much as yours.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why do you keep saying "Trump lost the popular vote" over and over again when that is meaningless? He won the popular vote in a majority of states, and that is what counts in our Republic.

And I hate to break it to you, but there are people who live in rural areas who have a right to have their vote count for as much as yours.

Guess Hillary must had forgotten that the Electoral College wins the election. Guess she didn't know that in all of her experience

Old 04-25-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
What was interesting about your home state, is the Democratic war Machine had thousands of Volunteers out on the streets and on the phones in Ohio before the election. Trump had almost none by comparison, and she still lost.

"Hillary Clinton’s campaign calendar here is loaded with door-knocking and telephone-canvassing events run by hundreds of staff members and thousands of volunteers. Some of Trump’s offices, visited last week, were nearly empty."
Ohio is crucial to win the White House. But there are few signs Trump is trying to get out the vote - LA Times
There was really no visible support for Hillary here. Trump signs were everywhere. Very few Hillary signs. People didn't like her. Period. But to people like "Seacove," that shouldn't have mattered. Those who did support Hillary should have had their votes combined with the liberals in California, Oregon, and New York, and the victory thus given to Hillary. They don't like the fact that we have power as sovereign states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies