Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 05:16 AM

16,955 posts, read 12,525,034 times

Advertisements

It is HIGHLY illegal to get up while a plane is taxiing or below 10,000 feet. Sorry you have to pee. Do it before you get on.

I loathe flying but Delta is correct here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,127,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
This, along with the doctor being dragged, and that woman that was almost attacked by her stroller, is why if i can't drive somewhere, i'm not going there.
I've developed a similar course of action,flying has become a major pain in the butt from the outlandish parking fees to the long lineups to the overzealous security inspections and the potential for aggressive behavior from airline staff, . Flying? if i cant drive i'll pass on that aggravation that is todays flying experience.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:57 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,849,108 times
In the last 10 years I probably have 200,000 miles in the air. I have never had an issue with the flight crews.
1. Obey the rules.
2. Obey the rules.
3. Obey the rules.
Needing to pee. Well most adults know their body clocks well enough to plan ahead. Pee before boarding. Don't drink a lot of fluids before flying. I also take an Immodium before flying. My flights are usually 12 hours or more.
I will say this. The least efficient airports I have experienced are right here in the USA.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,444,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
How are airlines employees so incompetent?
Relax.

Airlines know their business. That fool is supposedly housebroken and had all kinds of opportunities to use the litterbox before he got onboard the plane.

Act like child, expect to be treated like a child.

Quote:
Do they not provide training in basic customer service and etiquette. This reflects my experience. Airlines employees tend to be some of the most uncouth and barbaric with regard to how they treat people.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
"He walked to a restroom at the rear of the plane. A flight attendant there said if he used the restroom they would lose their place in line. So he sat back down, but the urgency grew stronger.
Hamilton returned to the restroom, and this time went in and quickly did his business.
"The pilot came on and said, 'Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to return to the gate and remove a passenger,' " Hamilton said. "It escalated to that point that fast."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ght/306818001/
Carry on.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
In the last 10 years I probably have 200,000 miles in the air. I have never had an issue with the flight crews.
1. Obey the rules.
2. Obey the rules.
3. Obey the rules.
Needing to pee. Well most adults know their body clocks well enough to plan ahead. Pee before boarding. Don't drink a lot of fluids before flying. I also take an Immodium before flying. My flights are usually 12 hours or more.
I will say this. The least efficient airports I have experienced are right here in the USA.
I am a former 1 million + mile frequent flyer with American, pre 9/11. Mostly domestic. In all those years, I have not witnessed anyone attempting to use the lavatory while on an active runway. Like you, I never had an issue with flight crews.

Interestingly, the cost of an unrestricted RT Coach Class ticket used to cost what a First Class ticket does today.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:56 AM

21,054 posts, read 19,537,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The vacuum is shut off during taxi mode. Every male knows when one urinates into a urinal some splatters back out. He created an unsanitary lavatory.
There is no taxi mode. The vacuum operates when the flush button is pushed.

And all public lavatories are unsanitary.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,578,285 times
Passengers who get out of their seats while on an active runway can fall/ become human projectiles injuring themselves and other passengers creating a potentially serious liability for the carrier.

Same deal during turbulence.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:34 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,218,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Passengers who get out of their seats while on an active runway can fall/ become human projectiles injuring themselves and other passengers creating a potentially serious liability for the carrier.

Same deal during turbulence.
But....but what about ME?!!!! I have to pee so I'm more important than anyone on the plane! On the ground! Anywhere!

Yes, I need my "Comfort" iguana!

Yes, my barking Yorkie can sit in first class!

Yes, my screaming child can run in the aisle!

No, you may not eat peanuts on this flight! My uncles friends cousin is allergic.

I have 9 kids so of course I should board before the rest of you!

Entitled people, now boarding!

Old 04-27-2017, 08:39 AM

8,342 posts, read 4,323,452 times
I am not sure on FAA rules on this but it would not surprise me if it does not come into play.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:57 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,638,996 times
I suggest the passengers should boar with empty water bottles so if they really, really need to pee they can use the bottle at anytime. When full they can put it in the cup holder until the "unfasten seat belts" announcement and then carry the bottle back to the lavatory. That is much more civilized than forcing some guy with an enlarged prostate to pee his pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies