Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 06:21 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
It is like my daddy used to tell me before a long auto trip: "I don't care if you don't have to go right now, go to the bathroom and try, it will be a long time before we stop!"
If this guy had done that, there would have been no problem. But, no, he didn't want to go before boarding, and it caught up with him.
He did (or could) not follow the instructions of the flight crew. The aircraft could not take off with him in the rest room!
So, the rest of the incident unfolded.
Such is life in the modern world.

This is such a simplified view of human biological function.

Have you ever had to use the restroom on a plane at an inopportune time?

I have, and I can tell you it's hell! You either soil yourself or you get up and go!!!. And even when you think your bladder is calm before a flight, sometimes the need to go can be overwhelming and happen immediately.

So take of the judgmental glasses and understand how/why this guy needed to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 06:31 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post

I have, and I can tell you it's hell! You either soil yourself or you get up and go!!!. And even when you think your bladder is calm before a flight, sometimes the need to go can be overwhelming and happen immediately.

Another argument in favor of high speed rail. They will never cancel a trip just because someone has to use the restroom. You can use the toilet anytime you want or need to. And they won't kick you off the train for the stupidest reason.

So much drama just because someone has to use the freaking toilet.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:58 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,705,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Those redeye flights back in the 80's didn't wait, it was your tough luck if you happened to be in the john. I was not injured, didn't think too much about it either.
All of the rules we have today are because someone did something stupid and sued the company.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:07 PM

1,158 posts, read 959,756 times
If you have bladder issues better wear your Depends...

Old 04-27-2017, 09:19 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post

Another argument for staying off of aircraft.
Most of my flying was in military aircraft that had no restrooms. We went to pee before takeoff, or we held it until we landed. There were no other options! I take that back, some of them had vacuum tubes one could pee in if necessary. If you were lucky, it didn't blow back at you1
I do not get on civilian aircraft. I have worked in aircraft manufacturing, and I have an A&P license. Not only do I know how those things are built, I know how they are maintained and repaired.
Of course, that was long ago and far away. Things are probably quite different now.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:26 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
I would've kicked him off, too, as his behavior appeared to be very weird. I'm sorry, but folks know that you're not allowed to use the bathroom during takeoff (which includes taxing for takeoff) and landing. If you dart to the bathroom after being explicitly told not to do so, the appropriate response should be to check to make sure that everything is alright and that folks aren't about to fall victim to some form of terror. Having written that, if you have to go, you have to go. But you'll also have to face the consequences of violating the rules.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:29 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
still don't know why we don't fund amtrak...

americans would rather right violated by the TSA and get screwed by the airlines

Old 04-27-2017, 10:10 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
still don't know why we don't fund amtrak...

americans would rather right violated by the TSA and get screwed by the airlines
Who are "we"?
The government doesn't want to fund anything in this country. Nothing (with the exception of war. For war there is always money). Do you have suggestions for the private sector to fund Amtrak? I guess if private investors move forward, it may be done. Until that happens, Trump and his fellow billionaires would use their private jets.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:16 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I would've kicked him off, too, as his behavior appeared to be very weird. I'm sorry, but folks know that you're not allowed to use the bathroom during takeoff (which includes taxing for takeoff) and landing. If you dart to the bathroom after being explicitly told not to do so, the appropriate response should be to check to make sure that everything is alright and that folks aren't about to fall victim to some form of terror. Having written that, if you have to go, you have to go. But you'll also have to face the consequences of violating the rules.
In normal conditions, yes. But if they taxi for 3 hours, is it the same? And don't forget among the passengers there are babies, old people, sick people.
Anyway, after that incident, why did they have to turn back? It's crazy.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:39 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
In normal conditions, yes. But if they taxi for 3 hours, is it the same? And don't forget among the passengers there are babies, old people, sick people.
Anyway, after that incident, why did they have to turn back? It's crazy.
There are rules in place for the first 30 minutes when a plane leaves the gate and enters the Tarmac. The minimum requirements are made by the DOT and each airline expands it as they see fit and places a copy of it on their webpage. Ignorance of rules that have been in place for years is no excuse for stupidity of passengers.

Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays : Delta Air Lines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies