Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 05:47 PM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times

Advertisements

Ridiculous to make this an issue. Maybe time to refresh the Democrats about Bill Clinton and the cigar in the Oval office, Anthony Wiener, Donna Brazil, Debbie Wasserman, Hillary Clinton and of course drunk Don lemon who had his ears pierced on life TV while being so drunk and stupid.

And let's not forget the new leader of the Democratic Party who uses the F word and S word in front of a little child and not once. The child face showed how the child was raised and by using these explicits. Perez and the democratic hypocrisy is at an all time topwhile the party is at an all time LOW!

Every time I see someone with a sticker or button "proud Democrat", I have to laugh so hard and wonder what they are proud about. Losing the presidency, losing all the seats, losing their dignity and having people walking around with ***** hats!

Last edited by bentlebee; 04-27-2017 at 06:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 06:36 PM

33,298 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Umm...no. Not at all.

If anything, it shows that they have more of a perverted mindset than Waters does. When watching the clip, my mind wasn't even going in that direction at all. It's a bit of a reach.

Plus, even if he did....so what? I also like how they (liberal media) all hate Ivanka Trump, but use her as a tool when it's convenient for them. Geez, these are the same people that attacked her over and over. Ex, Joss Whedon called her a dog. Where was the outrage?

https://twitter.com/rylandes/status/...a-trump-dog%2F

Get the f outta here, Lisa Bloom.
When Lisa Bloom acts as if she's on the same side as Ivanka Trump on something, you know we have gone past insanity and into the abyss.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:26 PM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Pretty dumb on his part. Bill got whacked recently, Hannity had some old disproven claims brought up again in an attempt to smash him. Ailes is gone.

Wasn't a bright move on his part. He tried to make a joke and it was just out of line.
Yup. The Murdochs are in a real bind right now. Rupbert wants to buy up the Sky network in Great Britain; he already owns most of the stock, but not enough to own it, and needs a government OK to take it over.

His sons have taken over Fox News after their dad fired Alies, but they kept the 2 underlings that allowed Alies to get away with all his hanky-panky for so long, and between them, O'Reilly and Ailes, the anti-female speech and attitude was allowed to become pervasive.

Guys like Watters may not have been misogynists when they were hired, but Watters and others soon learned that misogyny was a way up the ladder for men at Fox.

Watters is a particularly easy target for the Murdoch brothers because he had a regular spot on O'Reilly's show, and he's a lot more expendable than the upper management is right now.

Rupert's boys have to show that they are turning Fox around, and the harassment that happened far too often to the women who worked there is ending and will no longer be tolerated. It has to happen if Rupert Murdoch ever hopes to own Sky, and he wants Sky very badly now.

So I expect Watters vacation will become as permanent as O'Reilly's. He drew massive heat for the mocking street interviews he did last year from New Yorkers, and what New Yorkers think about Fox matters most to the Murdochs.

They really don't care about the heartland as much as their viewers think, because the Fox money, coming in and going out, is all in New York City, along with the public acceptance they crave the most.
They can find another Jesse Watters in a day there, no problem, who won't be anywhere as much a target of female ire as Watters. Fresh faces are what Fox needs right now the most of all.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:30 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,111,692 times
It's no worse (or even close, really) to the things Ivanka's own father has said about her. So I think it's strange we should hold some dude on Fox to a higher standard than Americans have chosen to hold the President of the United States of America.

Sad!

Old 04-27-2017, 08:32 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
The Puritans are out in force.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:15 PM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The Puritans are out in force.
Uh, no.
The Puritans were as misogynists to the core. Remember they hanged witches?

I have no dog in this hunt. I cut my cable in 2005, never went back, and haven't watched Fox in years except when it's turned on in some office where I'm waiting.

All I know is when it comes to money vs. personnel in the news biz, money wins every time.

The Murdochs don't want to lose Fox' income, and the only way to keep the income stream flowing is to change the present situation.

Watters is only a plug-in module. A replacement is only a couple of phone calls away, and that guy will be as funny to women as to men.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:16 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,217 times
Quote:
He inferred that he was visualizing oral sex from her and that it was humorous.

Puritans frown on sex for anything other that procreation as well as most humor.
Would you like some guy making oral sex jokes about your wife or daughter?

You don't consider that sexual harassment?

Old 04-27-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Would you like some guy making oral sex jokes about your wife or daughter?

You don't consider that sexual harassment?
No, I don't consider it sexual harassment.

Do you think a person making a sexual innuendo of a famous adult is sexual harassment?

Would you like it if a person called your child stupid on national television?

Old 04-27-2017, 09:23 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,217 times
Quote:
No, I don't consider it sexual harassment.

Do you think a person making a sexual innuendo of a famous adult is sexual harassment?
So its okay to sexually harass someone just because they are famous?

Old 04-27-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
So its okay to sexually harass someone just because they are famous?
Do you consider it sexual harassment?

Would it upset you if he called your child stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies