Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 08:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times

Advertisements

So, if Trump decides to go 200% against his promises to stay out of foreign adventures - and therefore starts up a number of conflicts including N. Korea, the ME, etc.

Would you give any advice to your children regarding signing up for participation in the mass killings of people 1/2 way around the world...who didn't actually do a thing to your country (except flap their gum?)

I certainly wouldn't.

I can understand those who are already signed up and/or those who want a career in fighting. But on the other hand we clearly have an indecisive madman at the helm who present a danger to even the basics of world peace (yes, the world is actually peaceful in a relative sense)...

Walk softly and carry a big stick. I don't think it was worded "threaten everyone each day and then tell them you actually like them and maybe can negotiate.

Politics and Warmongering aside - we simply can't afford it. Even the Pentagon said we can't fight more than one war at once - and that's with 20 TRILLION in debt (and going up).

What a mess! Obama is starting to look like e deserved that Nobel Prize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 09:03 PM

234 posts, read 122,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So, if Trump decides to go 200% against his promises to stay out of foreign adventures - and therefore starts up a number of conflicts including N. Korea, the ME, etc.

Would you give any advice to your children regarding signing up for participation in the mass killings of people 1/2 way around the world...who didn't actually do a thing to your country (except flap their gum?)

I certainly wouldn't.

I can understand those who are already signed up and/or those who want a career in fighting. But on the other hand we clearly have an indecisive madman at the helm who present a danger to even the basics of world peace (yes, the world is actually peaceful in a relative sense)...

Walk softly and carry a big stick. I don't think it was worded "threaten everyone each day and then tell them you actually like them and maybe can negotiate.

Politics and Warmongering aside - we simply can't afford it. Even the Pentagon said we can't fight more than one war at once - and that's with 20 TRILLION in debt (and going up).

Absolutely not! I refused to fight in Bush's wars and I will NEVER as long as my kids live under my roof and are under 18 join the US military.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:04 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
why not?
I went to Vietnam in 1966.
My son went to Bush's Iraq war, then later to Obama's Afghan war.
Might as well maintain the tradition, and send grandsons to trump's war(s).

Old 04-27-2017, 09:05 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Well, and this is the problem.

Maybe we need the draft back.

If we had the draft we would make damn sure before we went to war.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:07 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post

Nah, politicians would have everything figured out so their families and friends would be exempt.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:08 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Thank God Obama stopped all Bush wars and didn't start new ones. How you can post drivel like this with a straight face is beyond me.
Obama's surge in Afghanistan, helping kill off the President of Libya, getting us into Syria, then Yemen don't count because BO won a Peace Prize. I would call the Obamphiles Liberal, but true Liberals don't believe in overthrowing other countries and starting wars, so I'm not sure what they are

Old 04-27-2017, 09:08 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times
Quote:

I certainly wouldn't.

Um, you do know Obama was the only president to be at constant war don't you? Over needless crap most of the time. Why would you want to change Americans mo now?

Obama is the first president to serve eight years and preside over American wars during every single day of his tenure. That's not what Obama wanted or expected.
Among the many things President Obama will be handing off to his successor this week: stubborn wars in three separate countries.

Obama came to office eight years ago vowing to end U.S. military interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Yet President-elect Trump stands to inherit the nation's longest war ever in Afghanistan, as well as renewed fighting in Iraq that has spread to Syria.After 8 Years Of Unbroken War, Obama Hands Over Conflicts To Trump : Parallels : NPR

Old 04-27-2017, 09:10 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post

I was just telling somebody else we needed the draft back to give these protesting kids something to do with all that energy. lol

Old 04-27-2017, 09:18 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
Quote:

I certainly wouldn't.

And what makes you think you'd have any control over whether your children would want to serve in the military under President Trump?

Old 04-27-2017, 09:29 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:

I certainly wouldn't.

No, I would not. It appears to me that he is eager to get us into confrontations that could be avoided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies