Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2017, 11:18 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh, excitement. Sheesh. It's not a goddamn sports championship where you get to put your presidential trophy on the mantelpiece for the next 4 years.
No, it isn't. But it was exciting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 11:22 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,864,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Each to their own. I personally felt physically ill for days. But that's just me.

If that makes me a snowflake so be it.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:30 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,864,509 times
I think one of the primary learning curves for Trump is the learning the difference between being CEO and President.

Since he was raised with a silver spoon, and never had to graft from the bottom up (his Father's small investment wasn't 'small' by the average persons standards), he was probably used to leading and delegating on his own schedule and getting everything done his way with little interference or objection.

Being President is likely a shock to the system in comparison.

It is disconcerting however that those around him prior to, and during the campaign didn't effectively prepare him for the reality of politics... or perhaps he just didn't listen/comprehend if they did warn him.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:31 AM

152 posts, read 186,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Yeah North Korea, Middle East, Terrorism, all we need at this point is more excitement... Sounds like somebody needs a life!

Old 04-28-2017, 11:32 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Anyone else hoping he's setting the stage for stepping down? Kinda sounds that way for me, but maybe just because I want it so badly...
I feel like he's too "proud" to follow this thought with action. Saying he misses his old life most likely isn't admitting failure as much as resigning is (to him at least and especially if he said it to a journalist instead of us seeing him say it on the screen) but let's hope.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:44 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
the republican rino establishment... They are nuts... act nuts, have been nuts and always will be nuts... so lame... the nuts.. The crayola , safe space crowd...
O-kay, interesting input, but then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
...who can only call names...
I know introspection is not a conservative core value, but that might not be the best time to decry people calling names.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:47 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I feel like he's too "proud" to follow this thought with action. Saying he misses his old life most likely isn't admitting failure as much as resigning is (to him at least and especially if he said it to a journalist instead of us seeing him say it on the screen) but let's hope.
Depends. Might be he misses his wife and kid who are in NY.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:47 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
O-kay, interesting input, but then...

I know introspection is not a conservative core value, but that might not be the best time to decry people calling names.
Ha! I would have missed that charming little nugget of wisdom without your post, as the individual you quoted is on my ignore list, but you make a very good point.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:52 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Over and over again, ad nauseam - Everything is always the fault of Obama and the liberal media.
Sounds a lot like Frank Burns:

Duke Forrest: Dammit, Henry, Frank Burns is a menace! Every time a patient croaks on him he says it's "God's will" or somebody else's fault.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:59 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,675,878 times
The last election was an interesting lesson with regard to the systemic failings of our political system. The fact of no real vetting of the candidates via the tried and proven ordeal of presenting a plank by plank outline of the HOW's and WHY's of each candidates thinking, and more importantly, the lacking of goals aimed at uniting this nation. Neither Trump nor Clinton really cared about much more than their own war of egos. There was no "lesser of evils" this time....But, who in their right mind would align themselves with either of the two corrupt parties? We are coming down to the bottom of the political barrel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies