Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 09:27 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
fake headline.

even the story itself makes two things clear.

he said "ONE DAY" ie predicting thkilled re all things being equ. ..

he was not president when he said it. they dug it up to make him look bad and then misquote it.

and why not mention his words in the same talk where he speaks of saying Muslims must show tolerance too...

but i get it, this is another Muslim hate thread, posted to shift public opinion against good honest hard working muslims.

the USA is less than 1% Muslim. Despite all the fear, all the lies all the hate. Our Muslim pop is where it was 30 years ago, no big changes and still under 1% ( almost all of our 3 million Muslims were born here and are as american as any of us).

But yep you guys will keep posting hate threads.
"Our Muslim population is where it was 30 years ago" 30 years ago? Except, since 2001 members of this population have killed and injured over 6000 here.

Apologist cant make up their minds on their excuses: We are either the cause of these Islamic attacks, or they are no threat to us. Can't have it both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 09:28 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,669 times
Infidels and shouldn't wear hijabs -- only a virtuous woman.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-01-2017 at 06:50 AM.. Reason: language

Old 04-30-2017, 09:37 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,061,302 times
And liberal men should wear swastikas to combat naziphobia.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:53 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
fake headline.

even the story itself makes two things clear.

he said "ONE DAY" ie predicting the future all things being equal..

he was not president when he said it. they dug it up to make him look bad and then misquote it.

and why not mention his words in the same talk where he speaks of saying Muslims must show tolerance too...

but i get it, this is another Muslim hate thread, posted to shift public opinion against good honest hard working muslims.

the USA is less than 1% Muslim. Despite all the fear, all the lies all the hate. Our Muslim pop is where it was 30 years ago, no big changes and still under 1% ( almost all of our 3 million Muslims were born here and are as american as any of us).

But yep you guys will keep posting hate threads.
I agree the majority of Muslims living the US are good hard working people.

But here are 30 American born Muslim terrorists who are not:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...rown-jihadists

Quite a few for a group that represents less than 1% of the population as you point out. You can go to the southern poverty law center and they have all the right wing terror attacks over that same time period. One may be able to come up with 20 or 30 terror attacks by self identified Christians during the same time period. But since the percentage of Christians in the US are 70% you are still looking at 70 times more likely that a Muslim will be a terrorist than a Christian. Significant difference. They are not all just like the rest of us. That is not hate but a fact.

The fact is the Muslim population in the US is growing very rapidly not the same as it was 30 years ago. Not sure what that matters but you brought it up. They are expected to double in size on the US by 2050. And 63% of Muslims living in the US are foreign born, most are not born in America as you stated.

A new estimate of the U.S. Muslim population | Pew Research Center

Since our first estimate of the size of the Muslim American population in 2007, we have seen a steady growth in both the number of Muslims in the U.S. and the percentage of the U.S. population that is Muslim.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 05-01-2017 at 12:07 AM..

Old 05-01-2017, 07:06 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Infidels shouldn't wear hijabs -- only a virtuous woman.
Hijabs are a sign on modesty and not virtuosity.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:31 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,773,845 times
In a gesture of kindness and understanding of Christian religious fundamentalist, all women should wear ankle-length, high-necked dresses and sun bonnets. It would sure make them feel more accepted. How about it women? Are you in? And for that matter, if the menfolk could wear button-down baggy shirts, wool trousers with suspenders, wide-brimmed preacher hats, and let their facial hair grow down to their knees, well, think how good the fundamentalist would feel.

This whole "why don't we wear" thing is absolute dross. Perhaps we should all wear dunce caps to make the left feel better about itself. Or maybe leg irons. A healthy society doesn't have to mimic a hostile minority in order to feel safe--why don't you all buy sheep suits?

Old 05-02-2017, 09:08 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times

Wait...wouldn't that be called out as 'appropriating' Islam?

Old 05-02-2017, 09:27 AM

29,437 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Our society really is going the way of that movie "Idiocracy".... it was supposed to be a movie filled with stupid humor, not a documentary.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:04 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Seeing threads like this remind me that, as a youth in the 1960 and into the 1970s, it was common for women to wear some type of head covering while attending church, mainly in the Catholic and Episcopal churches (my family were members of the latter).

I am not sure when this 'rule' was discarded. I recall that my grandmother, whom attended church every day of the week, would not have been caught dead in church without her head covering (it was like a laced napkin). She died in 1980.

It appears that the practice began, I guess centuries ago, based on some of the writings of Saint Paul. This link was mildly interesting:

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/a...head-coverings

However, this article claims, regarding the Catholic church, that such head covers were not required until 1917:

Hats in church: A heady issue | USCatholic.org

The article mentions that the rule requiring head coverings (chapel veils) was discarded by the Pope in 1983 (which I'm sure my grandmother would have ignored).

However, while the Catholic Church did not apparently mandate such coverings until 1917, I believe it was a very common practice prior to that time. The first link even has a photo of an ancient statute showing a woman wearing a head covering. Indeed, I have been to museums (including at the Vatican) that had many paintings showing women wearing head covers (I think usually when in the presence of Jesus or such). I also imagine that it was easier to paint a women in a head covering, rather than have to deal with painting hair.

It is possible that the custom of Muslim women wearing such clothing (or simply head covers) probably has its roots in Christianity, in some case, of course, taken to the extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies