Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2017, 12:11 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, if your car only has 3 tires because the dealership didnt put a 4th one on, do you believe the car doesnt work, or that you just need to put the forth tire on ?????
I certainly wouldn't give you a tire but that's what you demanded the middle class to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 12:14 PM

29,469 posts, read 16,449,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The poor hope politicians will legislate their prosperity while the rich can get around the laws and the middle class takes the financial hit. It's easy to be compassionate if you don't pay the bill or if you think you'll get a piece of that compassion.

You need to comprehend. I didn't say what I follow but did later say that Democrats and the Obama administration pushed me right.
You have made statements that seem to correlate with libertarians. If Im wrong, then simply say im wrong. And state that you are conservative and do not subcribe to classical liberalism, or that you have views that do not fit into one category.

No one can legislate prosperity, but you can remove the barriers to it. You talk so much about not hurting people, but what you have said you support, repealing Obamacare, would infact hurt people. What is your logic for supporting it ?

Quote:
We need taxation but as we "should" know, those in power get greedy. What makes you think government is innocent of greed? What a naive view you have.
Never said government is innocent.Nor do i think it.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Thats not what I am referring to, especially since the states did not write or vote on the ACA. So you seem to have no clue what I mean or why premiums are higher for those in states in which the GOP leaders refuse to participate in the federal program. I would suggest educating yourself more on the particulars of a program you are bashing.
I'll connect the dots, they didn't agree with it in the first place so there was not one republican vote. It's no different than governors in sanctuary cities who don't agree with not getting tax payer funded government funding if they don't follow the law.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:17 PM

29,469 posts, read 16,449,350 times
Quote:
I certainly wouldn't give you a tire but that's what you demanded the middle class to do.
So you cant answer a simple question ?

And no, Obamacare does not demand you give a tire. In the scope of that analogy, what Obamacare demands is that there be 4 tires and not 3.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
You have made statements that seem to correlate with libertarians. If Im wrong, then simply say im wrong. And state that you are conservative and do not subcribe to classical liberalism, or that you have views that do not fit into one category.

No one can legislate prosperity, but you can remove the barriers to it. You talk so much about not hurting people, but what you have said you support, repealing Obamacare, would infact hurt people. What is your logic for supporting it ?

Never said government is innocent.Nor do i think it.
So then you would think that you'd agree that giving government too much power and money is not good.

Modern liberals want big government because they can use government to push their agenda for what "they deem" as morally right, even though neither supporter in the party (not the uber rich, nor the poor) pay for it.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
So you cant answer a simple question ?

And no, Obamacare does not demand you give a tire. In the scope of that analogy, what Obamacare demands is that there be 4 tires and not 3.
You just don't like the answer. Since the rich don't pay for it and of course the poor support it because they get, the middle class is struggling (having 3 tires) are expected to give another tire. This time the middle class fought back and said "no more".

Old 04-29-2017, 12:19 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,434,977 times
Quote:
Do you believe that todays version of liberalism is the same as classic liberalism? Please post you're opinion without it resorting to childishness.

Obviously not. What was "liberal" in the 18th century is just commonplace now.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:19 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
But isnt that a perception argument ?
No.

Quote:
What is that FDR quote, something about Poor people being fooled into subsidizing rich people if they think it makes them morally superior
They do in some measure. I've argued against that for a long time. Some have decided against that. It's why Hillary lost Wisc, Michigan and Pa.

Quote:
CNN just spent a week in West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. I saw like 12 people make a similar comment about health care.

" I make 14,000 dollar a year, i pay 50 dollars a month for health care, before this I was paying 500, but I felt guilty my Boss, who owns 3 factories, pays 700 a month. "

You are arguing Democrats lost seats for doing the right thing. Morally, im 100% fine with that. In my political travels, I have met 2 Democrats who were willing to lose their seats to do the right thing, and I think they are the 2 most honorable people I have ever met.

And further more, You do realize, some of the things you support would cost some Democrats there seats ? Imagine of Claire McCaskill voted the way you would want her to vote.
They lost the seats the day Pelosi made her statement about knowing what is in it after passing it. The (D)'s didn't learn a damn thing about people not wanting this done behind closed doors. It doomed Hillary's effort also. It was not what Obama argued he would do.

Quote:
The OP claims to follow the mantra of classical liberalism, which by her own stances, makes her a (small L) libertarian.
A Libertarian can condemn the actions of a party they claim to not support.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Obviously not. What was "liberal" in the 18th century is just commonplace now.
I'd say even later than that. but notice modern liberals are always crying tolerance and free speech, far from true so essentially they are hiding behind classical liberalism so people believe they care about the every day man and woman, again, far from the truth. It's power they are after. With power, they can use government to force Americans to do their version of morality.... legal theft.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:22 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Part of the blame for Ocare not working , along with high premiums, is the fault of Republican governors refusing to participate in the federal program. To work properly it depended on 100% participation from the states, and 100% enrollment of US citizens. When the opposition thwarts this, of course it isnt going to work as planned.
It was stupid to implement something that required what one knew would never happen to work.

Quote:
But some people just dont seem to get the concept that the basis of cheaper healthcare is having enough healthy people paying in to help bear the costs of the sick. This is true in any insurance, from life to home to auto. You must have more people not using it than using it to keep costs down.
You must get rid of the Wall Street portion for it to ever be affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies