Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 04:34 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Sounds more like an anti-vaccine problem than anything else.

Old 04-29-2017, 04:36 PM

600 posts, read 566,717 times
LOL, so all that vaccines everyone were forced to take as an infant, couldn't protect you against the measles.

God says, "vaccines, I laugh at your vaccines, and I rain down on you measles, for 40 days and 40 nights".

Old 04-29-2017, 04:46 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,195 times
But wait!! The government says all incoming are vaccinated!!! Hahahahahaha

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...ation-faq.html

Old 04-29-2017, 05:03 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Anyone who's read my posts knows I'm the last one who would defend our current immigration mess. Past, present, or future.

But, that said, this is much ado about very little. I had the measles as a kid....and so did every other kid in the neighborhood in close time proximity. Growing up in the 50s, it was just a fact of life that you were going to have measles, mumps, and chickenpox - usually before you were 10. Although measles can be serious, it usually isn't. And I don't remember ever hearing of any hospitalizations due to measles back in the day. And, like I said, we all had it. It's not that big a' deal.

Younger people freak out about it today because they're not used to it. We were.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:41 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,015,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Anyone who's read my posts knows I'm the last one who would defend our current immigration mess. Past, present, or future.

But, that said, this is much ado about very little. I had the measles as a kid....and so did every other kid in the neighborhood in close time proximity. Growing up in the 50s, it was just a fact of life that you were going to have measles, mumps, and chickenpox - usually before you were 10. Although measles can be serious, it usually isn't. And I don't remember ever hearing of any hospitalizations due to measles back in the day. And, like I said, we all had it. It's not that big a' deal.

Younger people freak out about it today because they're not used to it. We were.
I appreciate your perspective, but we don't really want diseases that were largely eradicated coming back.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:51 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!

There are many signs pointing to the fact that trump is an anti-vaxxer.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:53 PM

25,724 posts, read 18,797,332 times
This is what happens when parents are too stupid to have their kids immunized. They are also too stupid to understand the statistical risk analysis and the chances of being damaged by an immunization vs the chances of contracting the disease and suffering its effects.

Wonder what is going to happen when smallpox hits again? How many parents are going to decide, when they no longer have a child, that maybe they should have used their gray matter when deciding on immunizations?

Old 04-29-2017, 06:56 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!

There are many signs pointing to the fact that trump is an anti-vaxxer.
That theory was completely debunked over and over again.

But some gullible idiots like McCarthy still believe that insanity.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:06 PM

25,724 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

Yes, and at one time, polio was a fact of life. At one time huge flu epidemics were a fact of life. And at one time, getting smallpox or TB was often a fact of life, which in turn meant it was a fact of life that you lost family members often to these two diseases. Luckily we don't have to deal with those particular facts of life anymore.

I had measles as a kid as well and it sucked. So did my cousin, and more than sucked. It nearly took her. I think it's really quite unwise to blow this stuff off. Parents are afraid to have their children immunized because of an absolutely minuscule chance of adverse reactions to the immunization. I think if they saw an alternative such as smallpox, they might just "get it." Granted, measles are nowhere near as serious as smallpox in most all cases. But not having your children protected against them sets a pattern. And in some cases they are gambling with their kid's lives.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:26 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I appreciate your perspective, but we don't really want diseases that were largely eradicated coming back.
I don't disagree, though vaxing can get overzealous and be overdone. Just sayin' measles isn't TB, Ebola, Plague or the like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies